It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver International Airport, Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
THE Denver International Airport has been shutdown because somehow the FAA radar system has be shutdown as well. Airport is at a standstill. Any other info?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Could it be the effects of an EMP device? I hear it's being tested out on the west coast.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Departing flights were held for an hour and incoming flights were either landed or diverted to a nearby airport. The main radar failed, but it's back up now.
Link

-B.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I thought big airports had double and triple redundant radar systems :@

Wierd that the entire radar system would go down.

Appart for inside installation redundancy, the radar systems in america also overlap eachother, so that a failure of 1 or 2 zone radars is still covered by others.

Wierd indeed.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Could it be the effects of an EMP device? I hear it's being tested out on the west coast.

I live in CO and work about 15 miles from the airport. Though there's not a whole lot out there because they put the airport out to the NE of the city. First, no news of any other related anomolies which would be the case after an EMP. Second, no eyewitness reports of cell phone or other trouble. Third, no effect on Denver at large. I'm gonna doubt the EMP idea based on that.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
umm...isn't this at least the second time a FAA radar sysytem has gone done??? i believe the first one was one the east coast. any people with better memories out there...

top topics

join