It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking ahead, answers for our future selves.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Since as we know history is usually altered by the victorious and propaganda is rife. I find it hard to imagine how our predecessors can discover the truth when our liberties and rights are becoming eroded daily. How in say two hundred years time, human life may be so much different to today, and how many of those answers may be kept away from future truth seekers/

Well even if we can't save ourselves, we can leave answers to our future selves by using 'time capsules'

Sealed containers containing newspaper clippings, our ideas and theories, photo's and printed blogs and discussions.

Surely as ATS is world wide, we can manage this on some sort of scale, even if ten people did it, it's ten more chances of altering the future for a better life?

* Some ideas: Dietary advice. Since daily, the food and medical industries are lying to us about what is good and what is bad. We can maybe alter this with suggestions of good diets. What about packets of seeds too?

* Medical advice: Same as above, but basic remedies and herbal detoxicants.

* Humanities achievement: Plans for structural design, architecture, survival tips and maps and such.

Any other ideas? Who is with me?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Art and music too. The freedom of expression is the most valuable human aspect.

Also classic literature, poems and ideas.

Lists of inventions and instructions.

Simple things like how to purify water, how to make fire, how to farm, how to use natural resources.

The list is endless, but i think this could a selfless act for future souls.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I like the idea and I don't know why but I'm pretty sure this has been accomplished before. Maybe its time for us to look for the time capsules that our past selves left for us?

I have a question though. Why make this for people that will come in 200 years instead of doing it for people that will come in 3 years?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
I like the idea and I don't know why but I'm pretty sure this has been accomplished before. Maybe its time for us to look for the time capsules that our past selves left for us?

I have a question though. Why make this for people that will come in 200 hundred years instead of doing it for people that will come in 3 years?

Only because three years (hopefully) people won't be too different, it's not even a generation difference.

If we look long term, then chances are things will have changed for better or for worse (realistically i think worse), so this could be an option to help them?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

But shouldnt we be more concerned with helping ourselves, our generation?

I dont know, but it just seems that all other generations have done exactly what you are proposing. Thinking about the future instead of thinking about the now. Making the first step and hoping that whoever comes after us will continue the walk. Why can't we go all the way through by ourselves?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by mr-lizard

But shouldnt we be more concerned with helping ourselves, our generation?

I dont know, but it just seems that all other generations have done exactly what you are proposing. Thinking about the future instead of thinking about the now. Making the first step and hoping that whoever comes after us will continue the walk. Why can't we go all the way through by ourselves?

Absolutely, i agree with what you propose but disagree slightly with the idea that we have always looked into the future.

If truly that was the case, our oceans would not be toxic, our atmosphere would not be filled with chemicals and we would have less wars.

Ideally we could do both, attempt and continue to change life for the better of humanity now, but also think ahead, a fall back plan for generations that may live in ignorance or deceit.

top topics

join