It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Hum. Technological Warfare? An experiment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Sources I have read say the government is not involved in the mysterious Hum, but this BBC news video demonstrates that a device can be used to subject people within an area to an awful noise of a given pitch, in this case - high.

news.bbc.co.uk...

What about technology that might exist to create a low-pitch humming noise, as experienced by many people around the globe?

I myself experience this "Hum" and only at my current address and most often in the house or in my car if it is parked in the driveway - less or not at all if I am outside in the lawn or car port area.

I cannot explain this, but it seems awfully suspicious to me that it would occur only at my address in mostly enclosed spaces.

Here is another link to a video including a woman to reports the Hum as I hear it:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I agree with her, that it is definitely not something to do with "oversensitive hearing" unless there is a noise emanating from my specific area of land, which is less than 50 feet across and around 50 feet deep.

Could it be related to the Earth's electromagnetic field? I have no idea, but if one were to gather those who experience the Hum and put them in environments where some members experience it, maybe one would find a pattern. For example: would all Hum sufferers hear it in the same places other Hum sufferers do? If not, can another pattern be detected?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

I remember a wierd humming noise above my house 2 days in a row when i got back from school to play "medieval total war" back in the good days also gives an idea to how long agao we are talking

It was wierd above the house it felt like for about a minute like "hmmmmmmmm wrrrr wrrr wrrrr wrrrrr hummmmmmmmm wrrrr" was kind of cool..

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
we could expose it for what it really is, and watch all the fanatic christians romp and stomp about it,

or we could go out and say it's a ... umm... psychological effect of ocean waves ... or something else equally ridiculous.

in either case.. you're NOT going to get to the bottom of it if you haven't networked yourself properly into the fold, so yes, observe it, and pass it by.

nothing to see here.

exposing, discussing and popularizing what it actually is.. as far as the general public is concerned...is in direct negation of where we're heading right now...

no need to expose any corruption in caves.

....just yet....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
we could expose it for what it really is, and watch all the fanatic christians romp and stomp about it,

or we could go out and say it's a ... umm... psychological effect of ocean waves ... or something else equally ridiculous.

in either case.. you're NOT going to get to the bottom of it if you haven't networked yourself properly into the fold, so yes, observe it, and pass it by.

nothing to see here.

exposing, discussing and popularizing what it actually is.. as far as the general public is concerned...is in direct negation of where we're heading right now...

no need to expose any corruption in caves.

....just yet....

"networked myself properly into the field"?

I am very confused by this an much else of the message.

I saw the solution may lie in pitching a tent in the yard outside or moving away completely. That is my best solution(s) yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I can hear it, you may be sensitive to EMFs on a level that you can actually hear them. Unless its causing headaches or sickness i doubt its anything to worry about.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DriftNinja
I can hear it, you may be sensitive to EMFs on a level that you can actually hear them. Unless its causing headaches or sickness i doubt its anything to worry about.

It is worth worrying about if it's keeping me from sleeping well. I mean, I actually feel vibrations on my hands and other parts that are in contact with the mattress. I have wondered if it's something to do with the springs in the mattress.

It's more a distraction when I'm awake but when I try to sleep, it's more a problem. If you could experience it yourself, you'd see it's just awful to hear at night or whenever you try to sleep. I try to drown it out with other noises, and that's the best I can do. Then there the issue of the vibrations I feel on my bed. It's different than like, seizures or shaking in general. It's more that the surface of my skin vibrates a bit with the surface that is in contact with the bed. It doesn't always happen.

Other strange electrical things I have noticed around the house too, like the microwave's digits being quirky and displaying when they shouldn't when I turn it on. Something is happening and I want to get some answers. All in due time I guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am in Scotland and am often kept awake by this low hum...

It tends to start at around 2am and go on till 5am.

Nothing in the house can be blamed. Nothing is on a timer. My partner does not hear it.

It wakes me up...I wish it would be quiet!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I hear this daily at the exact same time/s runs for about 1 1/2 hours, in 15 minute runs, with 30 second breaks.

I'm in southwest MO. and it is only bearly audibal while I'm outdoors.

I've tried to record it with no success. I never hear it indoors, but find myself going outdoors shortly after it starts, maybe I hear it and don't realize it rom indoors.

The only thing I can compare it to is a midsized electric motor turning huge RPM's.
I live away from town, not near anything, as far as hwys or traffic, well there is a coal power plant 5 miles south of me, and an airport 5 miles north.

This has been going on close to a year, and every few weeks, we/family hears/more like feels, a very low deep vibration that non of us can pin point...indoors & out. That one I did get a hrtz's reading that was below 10 hrtzs, hence the not hearing but feeling it.

No transformers for a mile or more, no street lights, and the last time it was happening, was during a power outage.

Most likely nothing, but makes a person wonder.

As for a time of day for this, it is always around 10 AM-13:00 pm CST

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I tend to go to bed between 12 - 1am. I don't know whether it's because everything in the house is switched off but that's when I hear a humming noise - like a swarm of bees on a summers day. It's stronger in some rooms more than others. I even considered, at one stage, that, the attic might be infested.
I don't have particularly acute hearing though and it's not loud enough to keep me awake. So I just live with it.
I don't know if this is the same 'hum'.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
has anyone compiled a world map of where people are hearing it?

Can we add to a map somewhere?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It seems like your experiences are as bad as mine. I've been hearing this hum for nearly 3 years now and it's truly annoying. Some nights it's bearable and I manage to get to sleep alright but other times it's impossible to sleep. The noise seems to go right through you and makes you vibrate and it also causes my bed to shake. I haven't a clue what causes it.

Maybe scientists are carrying out experiments. Here's an interesting link.

findarticles.com...

skeptoid.com...

[edit on 1-12-2009 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think one thing that should be done to take the research on this to the next level is having people from different geographic locations, visit the other known locations experiencing the hum, and see if they experience it too.

Ive also wondered how individual physiology plays into this, considering some people in the same house can't hear these same noises. Maybe the people hearing it have exceptional hearing or, something about their ear structure is allowing them to pick up a vibration that is usualy unheard.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Other than the fact that you guys are hearing this, does it actually affect anything? If not, maybe it just has to do with a specific time frame at which you are hearing it, maybe this is a time of heightened sensory perception in yourself, And that's why some others can't.

-edit because I got distracted and said something I was reading

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Shaved Yeti]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
has anyone compiled a world map of where people are hearing it?

Can we add to a map somewhere?

A guy in Canada made a map of his area. He also got so desperate he slept outside in the park in a sleeping bag. I think it was he who did that sleeping thing anyway. I've read a lot of stories and details get fuzzy sometimes.

Strangely enough, today I haven't noticed it at all. I can't hear it right now, and it's 11PM, a time I would usually hear it.

Maybe it's related to stress because I also notice it goes away when I drink a lot of alcohol. Earlier I was very stressed out though and don't remember hearing it; I took a Xanax to calm down, so maybe it's something to do with my neurotransmitters? Xanax works on the GABA neurotransmitters. I don't know. I'll have to experiment with this later. Unfortunate as it is, if Xanax does make it go away, I'll be in bad shape still because my doctor would never give me that to take on a nightly basis. It would at least shed some light on this though! Might help everyone else!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Thank you! I love the skeptoid link. I am going to join the Yahoo forum.

Here's a link to plot your location on where you hear the hum too, if you didn't have it already:

www.frappr.com...

also join the humhearers forum on Yahoo. (You'll have to search for the group, then join it from the search results.) There are over 6,000 messages there! Lots to read and gain insight.

groups.yahoo.com...

Also, I found something I'd never heard of before:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Tensor tympani muscle apparently can induce a low rumbling in a person's ear. I think the article I read said it can happen when you have a big yawn. Try it if you can. I heard it, but it wasn't exactly the same as the hum I hear.

Great links! Thanks!

top topics

join