It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barney Frank Present When Partner Arrested for Pot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Have you ever actually spoken to him? You can be free to disagree with his politics and you even have the right to buy into the conservative propaganda. But I assure you, having met with the Congressman several times, an idiot he's not. The fact is, people from both sides consider him brilliant. Again, they may not agree with him but they respect him. And if you choose to regurgitate the conservative propaganda about him then a mirror might be a good choice for you.

As for pot... I'd rather have these people smoking doobies than drinking the way many of them do.

I originally walked away from this thread having decided not to comment but I couldn't stop thinking about what you said here.

What bothers me is that you and others "respect" him. Granted he may be "brilliant" at politics but he is not a brilliant man. He is brilliant at advancing his party and their agendas but is that really brilliance? What has he personally done for humanity? Do you honestly believe that the agendas he advances are the agendas of the people he supposedly works for (us, in case you've forgotten)? To be "brilliant" at politics means that you have to be brilliant at coercing people. Morality and politics do not mix well, so to be brilliant at politics means what??

That is not respect, it is fear, and it is disgusting. Even more to the point, what does it say about the people who "respect" him???

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp i am glad that the congressman is unapologetic about his association with marijuana. we need more public heroes for this particular cause.

You're kidding right...? This has to be sarcasm...!?

Ha ha ha ha ha, what a joke.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a NONE issue.

Would have been if Bush was found with them too.

The fear of this plant is irrational and perpetuated by big business who fears its potential.

Humans have been associated with this life form for thousands of years, yet the USA is terrified of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

you dont see this as an interruption? you BOTH are walking just this side of troll, and i am hereby calling you out. do not try to defend youself. just walk away.

to the topic: how does it work? that whole thing about congressmen can't get arrested while serving in office or something of that nature? i am not positive, but i will stick my neck out and say that "yes, in fact, he IS above the law."

besides, its a dumb law.

Ok you come into my thread and personally attack me and I am the troll? I willl defend myself if I want, so don't tell me to walk away.

That is the problem with this country. There are too many people like you who think people like Barney Frank are above the law. Nobody is above the law. It may be a stupid law and we may both disagree with it, but it is a law and I expect the politicians to show some damn respect for the law since they make them.

Truth is if Barney wasn't some flaming liberal but rather a conservative, you wouldn't even try to defend him.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Have you ever actually spoken to him? You can be free to disagree with his politics and you even have the right to buy into the conservative propaganda. But I assure you, having met with the Congressman several times, an idiot he's not. The fact is, people from both sides consider him brilliant. Again, they may not agree with him but they respect him. And if you choose to regurgitate the conservative propaganda about him then a mirror might be a good choice for you.

As for pot... I'd rather have these people smoking doobies than drinking the way many of them do.

No, I just have to here a person talk and then watch their actions to determine if they are an idiot or not.

I promise probably 99.99999% of ATS haven't met Rush, Palin or Bush and think that they are all idiots. Get off your holier than thou toilet and stop regurgitating liberal propaganda.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by tgidkp

Truth is if Barney wasn't some flaming liberal but rather a conservative, you wouldn't even try to defend him.

thats an interesting theory. i have a hard time believing that someone who uses marijuana would hold a conservative stance on anything. you have to have evolved beyond conventional morality in order to reconcile the REAL WORLD with the RULES of the system.

but, generally speaking, i rarely come to the defense of anyone. the only reason i spoke up in this thread is because for me it is an important issue. ANYONE that comes to the defense of legalizing marijuana is a friend of mine, liberal and conservative alike.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that they might not be talking about his business partner but his gay lover.That's what they're called right?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Sorry I missed your post but that's exactly what I was thinking.
Star for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

thats an interesting theory. i have a hard time believing that someone who uses marijuana would hold a conservative stance on anything. you have to have evolved beyond conventional morality in order to reconcile the REAL WORLD with the RULES of the system.

You, my friend, are a victim of those who would impose labels as a means to deny that we are all individuals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join