It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy: 2012 startling new Secrets 11/8/2009 9PM/EST

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Has not been on yet where I live but will be in 40 minutes.

For those that have watched it, how was it ?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Did anyone see it? How was it?

I don't subscribe to cable, so I'll be watching it an hour or two from now when it hits the web.

Well, not bad.
They sure covered everything.
The same skeptic showed up every 20 minutes to call everyone nuts.

prove it.....prove it..... prove it!
Apparently, our magnetic north pole is slowly moving towards our
true north pole.
When it gets there we will have a "polar reversal".
Personally, i can debunk that one.
It's not there yet and it won't make it by December 21,2012!
It's moving too slow. Forget that one.
I also don't think it will be a disaster when it does happen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The best part for me was when they said the Atlantians got
flooded out and split into 2 groups.
Mayans and the Egyptians 9,600 years ago.
BTW, Adam was chasing Eve around only 6,000 years ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Atlantians built the HUGE lion in the desert.
Around 4,000 years later a pharaoh showed up
and had his face put on top. That is why we have a Sphinx
instead of a lion. If you stand back, you can clearly see
that the lions body is too big compared to the small pharaoh
head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The show explained that there is an underground library
made by the Atlantians BUT the Egyptian government
refuses to allow any digging to find it!
They did let them use ground penetrating radar.
- No luck. -

How's that for a summary?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Dicovery, Natgeo, Syfy, and Fios Pay-Per-View all had 2012 specials on today. Of them I would have to say that the Syfy one was the worst of the bunch, complete crap, no new information, and REALLY bad science & experts. It was nothing more then a plug for the movie. Natgeos, was the best of the bunch, sticking with good science, information, and experts. The Pay-Per-View one was kind of cool because not only did it go into some pretty good information, but it also had Jim Mars and a plug for ATS (
I gotta admit that was pretty cool
), though he only had a few small parts. Discovery had good experts (mainly from Goddard Space Flight Center), but it really only covered CME's in any depth, then ended up in the last 10 minutes saying that a CME would not cause that much damage
(then why did you waste 45 minutes of the show on them
). Again, this one was more of a movie plug then anything about the real topic. Anyway, I have gotten enough 2012 today to last me until 2011.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The special was live blogged over at divine cosmos if anyone is interested.

reply to post by defcon5

That is pretty interesting that all of those networks had 2012 specials on the same day. I'll have to check out some of the other ones you had mentioned. I agree with your sentiment that there weren't any "startling new secrets" in the SyFy special.

I was suprised however how well they treated hoagland despite the extreme nature of what he was saying. They even gave video clips and motion graphics to narrate his views about mars and Atlantis. Even though I disagree with him on the doom and gloom theory his points about the torsion fields were good reveals for msm.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That's basically what I thought, star for you sir.

Still waiting to see it, the scene groups probably aren't in a big hurry to release this one, hopefully tomorrow.

Nothing in there that we haven't already heard regurgitated 500 million times on ATS though eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Damn show was cruzin along pretty good there. I was enjoying it
and they just had to bring on Jiame (i hope that's how you spell it)
Masaen (and that to]. That was it for mua.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yea, isn't that exactly what I said in the beginning?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Nothing in there that we haven't already heard regurgitated 500 million times on ATS though eh?

This is my opinion of the program:

I wouldn't say it was as insightful as things regurgitated here. Do you ever watch the 2012 or Nostradamus or similar things on History Channell? It was like a compilation of that level of presentation -- pretty much just an overview of the 2012 with a tendancy toward sensationalism, interrupted periodically with Michael Shermer (editor of Skeptic Mag.) scoffing. By the end of the show, I was scoffing with him. Having read some of the works of people like, say, Hoagland, just sound bites were taken of his most extreme views, IMO.

I saw nothing whatsoever "startling" or even "new", however it's possibly somewhat surprising that a sorta mainstream source was featuring it.

I'm glad I watched it though, and thanks again to the OP for the heads up.

[edit to fix quote]

[edit on 9/11/09 by argentus]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I Believe that the real treath against Earth will happen around May 31 2012 when (2001 - CQ36) is very near the Earth's orbit, in fact! it's crossing our orbit dangerously near - but if Nasa's math is correct we'll be fine - if they are telling us the truth that is?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Do you really mean this? or was is meant to be a joke? seriously, please tell me!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Do you really mean this? or was is meant to be a joke? seriously, please tell me!

Yes, Earth has a hidden history.
There was life on Earth before Adam and Eve.
It will be a shock for most people but not for me.
I'm kind of bored. I'm ready to move forward today.
I'll have to wait until December 21, 2012.
I guessing the Egyptian government will mysteriously allow
digging for the Atlantian library near the Sphinx around....
.........November 2012. Wow! Look what we found?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Yes, Earth has a hidden history.
There was life on Earth before Adam and Eve.
It will be a shock for most people but not for me.
I'm kind of bored. I'm ready to move forward today.
I'll have to wait until December 21, 2012.
I guessing the Egyptian government will mysteriously allow
digging for the Atlantian library near the Sphinx around....
.........November 2012. Wow! Look what we found?

Yeah! I misunderstood you!
I thought you meant that they where the first ones here 6000 years ago!

My guess about 2012 would be floods and Earthquakes because of CQ36 is near, interfering in our orbit.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antithesis.
I was suprised however how well they treated hoagland despite the extreme nature of what he was saying. They even gave video clips and motion graphics to narrate his views about mars and Atlantis. Even though I disagree with him on the doom and gloom theory his points about the torsion fields were good reveals for msm.

The hoagland part was kind of funny. He was walking around with that watch hooked up to his computer talking about how the earth was effecting the movement of the tuning fork inside it. Did anyone else notice that he was getting his “big” effect when he changed areas of temperature? Like that metal tuning fork is not effected by the expansion of metal based on temperature.
“look at how the reading changed when I came under this archway (going into the shade from out in the sun causing a 10 degree temperature drop
)!”
What a con artist that guy is...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I haven't done a whole lot of research on the Mayan calender, and haven't read a ton of posts on this...so chances are it's already been said and talked about.

However, the only thing I really got out of the show was when they were showing how the Mayan Calender worked and how each day/cycle or whatever was depicted by the Mayans.

This looks a whole lot like Binary Code if you ask me....They use a series of dots and dashes...where as Binary code uses 1's and 0's...same concept, just a different representation for the 1's and 0's.

Although...One could also look at the dots and dashes as 1's and 0's since a dot is technically a "0" and a dash is a horizontal "1".

Kinda makes me wonder if they got the idea for the calendar from somebody else...say...not of this world? Or they came up with binary code way before modern day engineers did...it was forgot...with a whole lot of other history...then reinvented for the use in computers.

Anyway...it was the only thing I came away from the show that I felt was new to me.

And yes...watching the clock/tuning fork was pretty ridiculous. Not like changes in atmospheric pressure, temperature, humidity, etc. would ever have any effect on a mechanical device...LOL

[edit on 9-11-2009 by 750Aero]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Would urge everybody to watch this film on googlevideo also..
I guess many of you have seen it already..
2012 The Online Movie (2009)
Thougt it was great and got more of a happy feeling from it than most other documentaries and other videos on the subject...

Part one.

video.google.com...#

Part two.

video.google.com...#

Enjoy!

[edit on 30-11-2009 by skekke]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join