It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Muslim Maj Nader Hasan yelled Allhu Akbar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Finally a little sanity from the media and the investigators of this:

www.smh.com.au...

Police believe gunman NOT part of terrorist plot

FORT HOOD: Investigators examining the massacre at the military base at Fort Hood, Texas, on Thursday have concluded that the army psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan acted alone when he gunned down his colleagues and have tentatively concluded that his actions were not part of a terrorist plot.

The military announced initial conclusions as the 60,000-strong army population at Fort Hood prepared for an emotional few days, beginning with church services yesterday and a memorial service tomorrow that will be attended by the President and first lady, Barack and Michelle Obama.

In a briefing at the base on Saturday night, a spokesman for the Army Criminal Investigation Division, Chris Grey, said: ''All evidence collected so far indicates that the suspect acted alone in the actual shootings at the readiness centre. We have no evidence so far that contradicts that finding.''

He said investigators had not yet established a motive for the shootings, but The New York Times reported they had tentatively concluded that this was not part of a terrorist plot.

Citing federal officials briefed on the inquiry, the Times said investigators had come to believe that Major Hasan acted under a welter of emotional, ideological and religious pressures.

They have not ruled out the possibility that he believed he was carrying out an extremist's suicide mission but, working with behavioural experts, they think it is more likely he may have long suffered from emotional problems that were exacerbated by the tensions of his work with veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who returned home with serious psychiatric problems.

A Fort Hood spokesman, Colonel John Rossi, confirmed that Major Hasan was due to be deployed to Afghanistan late this month.

Colonel Rossi was asked whether the wounded included five members of the mental health team where Major Hasan worked, which would point to the conclusion that he was acting out against pressures in his workplace. He confirmed that there were several combat stress team members - the area where Major Hasan worked - among the casualties.

Investigators have Major Hasan's computer and have interviewed members of his family, which has helped come to this early theory.

There have been numerous reports from colleagues, though not from the army officials, that the psychiatrist had been showing increasing signs of erratic behaviour.

www.smh.com.au...

Can we end this madness now? We have just heard it straight from the horses mouth that they do not believe that this was linked to "terrorism". Enough with the lies already.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Allow me to correct you, and no disrespect.
Allah has NO SON, He has only three daughters. The Lord Jesus Christ Is The Only Begotten Son of G_D The Father Almighty,
TText A significant difference.
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.

Your belief says that.

Muslims believe in God. Allah is just another name for God.

The SAME God that christians believe in.

Muslims do not worship Mohammed. They refer to him as a prophet.

The fundamental difference between christians and muslims is that muslims do not believe that Jesus was the son of god, and instead class him as a prophet of God, on a par with Mohammed.

There are also two mentions of (potentially) Buddha in the Koran.

A "non believer" in the terms of the Koran is someone who has no faith in God at all NOT someone who believes in God.

The crap you read posted by certain people on ATS, and on various hate sites does not set the context correctly at all - because if it did then the hate would be harder to spread.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Every religion has had, does have, and will have, its fanatical adherents. Most, however, of whatever religion you choose, walk their path peacefully, willing, and for the most part, able to abide with their neighbors in peace.

I find it extraordinarily disturbing that whenever an incident occurs with even the remotest connection with a belief system someone doesn't like, that someone instantly stereotypes the entire group, because of the actions of a minority in that group. Quit thinking with your emotions and start thinking with the brain God gave to you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Every religion has had, does have, and will have, its fanatical adherents. Most, however, of whatever religion you choose, walk their path peacefully, willing, and for the most part, able to abide with their neighbors in peace.

I find it extraordinarily disturbing that whenever an incident occurs with even the remotest connection with a belief system someone doesn't like, that someone instantly stereotypes the entire group, because of the actions of a minority in that group. Quit thinking with your emotions and start thinking with the brain God gave to you.

So how may christian fundamentalists do you know who periodically go on the rampage in the name of their religion?
Not saying that all muslims are bloodthirsty but seriously, you have to wake up and smell the coffee...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Seen any abortion clinics bombed recently? Or the doctors shot through the window of their home... Then get to hear so called Christians gloat about it? Jewish extremists calling for the destruction of Palestine. Zealots of any stripe disgust me. But they are the minority in any religion. Most adherents just want to live in peace.

For every example of a muslim fanatic, I can match it with a christian one. But that accomplishes exactly nothing. Only overcoming our collective fear of the "other" will the hate, and the killings, stop.

Judge by their actions, not by their religion.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

"He said investigators had not yet established a motive for the shootings, but The New York Times reported they had tentatively concluded that this was not part of a terrorist plot."

I don't think it was a terrorist plot. The way I read the article, they infer a "terrorist plot" to be a group of people. I do believe he acted alone, in the name of Islam.

To undertsand Islam, we are under a declared Jihad. This means, the US and all her citizens are considered to be a fair target. We are in their country, killing their citizens, and until we leave we are going to be targets.

"Citing federal officials briefed on the inquiry, the Times said investigators had come to believe that Major Hasan acted under a welter of emotional, ideological and religious pressures."

That couldn't be more from the horses mouth, too? Idealogical and religious pressures? That's Islam, my friend.

They have not ruled out the possibility that he believed he was carrying "out an extremist's suicide mission..."

So no, no straight from the horses mouth on this article, not IMO.

Even though he was born in the US, he is a Muslim first a US Citizen second.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I beg to differ with you. Until we are out of their countries and no longer oppressing them will it stop, and maybe not even then. It may be too late, and we may suffer long years of vengeful retaliation by radicals.

While we are in their countries, the military there is not the only target, and all Muslims are called upon to help their brothers and sisters.

Many US Muslims are very concerned about being torn in their need to help according to the Quran, and being citizens in the US. They are directed that anything they do to support is considered beneficial according to the Quran, and just by tithing to Iraq charities in the US, is assisting in jihad.

Alleviating fear of Muslims does nothing to stop them.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Again, I beg to differ with you. I do not see remote connections here. I see screaming ones. Even his friends knew he was going radical, yet failed to do anything about it.

I wish we did live in such a perfect world where if we just gave everybody hugs it would all be ok, but Islam is just not like that, and people have to face it, sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Soooooo.... The authorities have had time in two days to conclude this investigation and make a bulletproof analysis of motive. ROFLMAO

DO any of you have any idea how long this investigation will actively go on? YEARS. The media is a roadblock into this investigation, so they must be made to believe that there is no story, or at least a quick and clean one.
And based on the post Im replying to the plan worked as it most of the time does.
Does anyone think for a minute that every person this guy knows and every email contact, web-sites visited, the place where he bought his underwear etc..will not be thoroghly investigated?

It was a terrorist act. No connections to a certain orginazation have been made yet. Perhaps none will be. Even if he acted alone and no matter the reason, the path he took was one he based on his version of his faith. He obviously chose a side in the war.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I just finished reading the Quran, I was astonished by the fact that this book has nothing to do with peace.

Just like Christians and the Old Testament, interpretations can be wrong, especially if the original language isn't English. Like broken telephone (assuming you know that kid game), a message can be misinterpret as it's passed on time to time.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by seagull

I beg to differ with you. Until we are out of their countries and no longer oppressing them will it stop, and maybe not even then. It may be too late, and we may suffer long years of vengeful retaliation by radicals.

While we are in their countries, the military there is not the only target, and all Muslims are called upon to help their brothers and sisters.

Many US Muslims are very concerned about being torn in their need to help according to the Quran, and being citizens in the US. They are directed that anything they do to support is considered beneficial according to the Quran, and just by tithing to Iraq charities in the US, is assisting in jihad.

Alleviating fear of Muslims does nothing to stop them.

Feel free to disagree. I'm tough, I can take it...

Fanatics, of any stripe, use their religion as a crutch. I would even go so far as to say that deep down they are actually faithless. ...and I'm not referring to Muslims alone...I am referring to any fanatic, of any faith what so ever.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by soekarno

BINGO! Someone else gets it. It isn't the fighting thats important, it is the *reason*. They feel the justification because we are in Iraq, Afhganistan, Pakistan, etc.

The entire time, Osama Bin Laden has been asking us to leave, and threatening us with exactly these things. They are holding true to their beliefs, and no one can fault them for that, but what people need to realize is, this will *not* go away until we get out of thoeir countries. I just cannot emphasizethis enough.

By your own quotes, you have defined *why* there is jihad on the US and her citizens.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don't think I seen anyone mention where this individual's cousin said that he was constantly harassed on the base FOR BEING MUSLIM.

Sounds to me like a case of bullying...

...NOT TERRORISM. EVERYTHING IS TERRORISM NOWADAYS. Oh look I raised my voice call the terrorist squad immediately.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

But you see, the basis of the jihad is not fanaticism, it is mainstream. That is where people are making the mistake. As long as they are oppressed, this will continue.

We were warned over and over, and not many are listening.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

It was already investigated and found to be groundless. He claimed Hasan had filed complaints. It's a lie.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

"constantly"? That is an awfully general term. One person's constant, is anothers not very often...

Though any amount of harassment is wrong. I doubt any amount could excuse his actions... Not that I think you're doing that.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Last time I checked "terrorists" werent on the top 5 most stable personalities list. They feel "harassed",many have experienced the violence of this and other wars very close to if not completely destroying everything they know of home. WHat it seems like Im hearing is that unless a person claims to be a part of a plot, then its debateable weather they are a terrorist or not? Is thjis correct? I strongly dis agree with this reasoning. So if I analyze every part of a suicide bomber say in Iraq, and I find him or her to be disturbed, sad, felt harassed, then suddenly that person is not a terrorist? These are the core traits that make one a prime candidate for terror training. I would be very surprised if this guy hadnt spoken to reps of terrorist organizations, either knowingly or unknowingly. If I were in a leadership position of an extremist org. , then these are the people I would want supporting my cause. The weak, already disenfrachised, maleable lives that will do anything just for a little acceptance. Thats all for now..Ill check back in later. PEACE

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I don't think I seen anyone mention where this individual's cousin said that he was constantly harassed on the base FOR BEING MUSLIM.

Sounds to me like a case of bullying...

...NOT TERRORISM. EVERYTHING IS TERRORISM NOWADAYS. Oh look I raised my voice call the terrorist squad immediately.

So, you're thinking that is was just bullying, and he was "driven" to taking a weapon and firing on a group of soldiers (that were probably innocent of any such thing) and killing them, one being a woman that was pregnant?

Give me a freakin' break.

If that was the case, there are official channels that the Major could have taken. The IG is pretty hardnosed when it comes to any sort of harrassment like that. If he felt that he was being ignored that way, he could have whined to the press about it all.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here we go with the Anti-Muslim rhetoric and sentiment. Haven't you guys gotten this garbage through your heads yet? Put on your filters because you're being manipulated. How much more of this propaganda can you guys swallow before it is spewing out of every orifice?

If you didn't notice, this debacle came just in time to serve as a diversion for all the idiots who are opposed to healthcare reform. While you were watching the news and thinking, "Yep, just another Muslim terrorist, its time to arm myself an eliminate this threat" Obama passed the health care reform through congress without any opposition whatsoever. It's a Chris Angel tactic of diversion.

Have any of you random haters out there even questioned whey there was so much disinformation surrounding this case? First there was one shooter, and then there were multiple. Then somehow, they narrowed it down to a Muslim who also happened to be in the U.S. army. First they caught him, then they didn't know if they had the right guy. YADA YADA YADA. You bought it hook line and sinker because it supported your simplistically drawn racists views. And in the meantime, while your heads were turned because they provided you with information that supported your half-cocked theories, they passed the very bill (RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES) that you were against from the very beginning.

Look around...do you see how easy it is to manipulate you guys with your own fears? Keep swallowing it over and over and fill yourselves with the lies until it spews out of your mouths. It seems that you guys can never get enough of being sold the same B.S. repetitively.

You're being used.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
wow this has really degraded in many ways.

religion is a touchy subject, and many people are emotionally attached to oppinions when looking at how religion plays in the actions of the disturbed. we tend to lose objectivity, without realising, because we feel justified by standing by our spiritual belief.

try to apply the situation to something non-religious.

a man feels like he is being persecuted because say... he is a member of PETA (i just picked something at random here, not trying to offend PETA) and decides to go on a murderous spree. this does not reflect on all members of PETA nor for what they stand for.

his actions belong to him. he owns them, despite his motivations. he was clearly disturbed, as anyone who reaches the breaking point and crosses the line to take the lives and disturb the well being of thier fellow humans is disturbed in some fashion.

someone who is disturbed is likely to miscommunicate to themselves, and mis-interpret anything that they read or hear. Again, this is not a reflection on the material that they read, or the people that they hear, but a reflection on his self through his reaction to the material.

as i said before, he was known to be a devout muslim, increasingly so since his parents had passed. he felt like he was being persecuted. it doesnt matter if he was, he interpreted others actions, and therefore in his disturbia, he WAS. it was his reality. he was distraught and did not want to go on. HIS beliefs based upon his religion was that if he put the gun to his own head and pulled the trigger there would be no reconciliation with his god of choice. He BELIEVED that those around him were not following the teachings of allah, and through his deranged interpretations of the muslim faith he felt that he could be seen in his gods favor by killing those that were sinning. he knew that the end result would be his death. therefore he gets all that he wants. he dies, he is in gods favor, and he doesnt spend a eternity in torment.

that is NOT a broad statement for ALL muslims.

extremism can be found in all race color creed and faith.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join