It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet - with no lights!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

So that validates my experience? Tell me, explain my experience with all your knowledge! I'm waiting.... You have all the answers.... I'm going to pop some pop corn...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Just eliminating all obvious possibilities

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Calm down little buddy.

I'm just throwing out the most likely scenerios. You don't know anything to give me a clue except that you heard a plane and no lights.

If it wasn't a fighter then it must have been something larger. If you could describe the sound then we could possibly figure out what it was.

Unless you just want me to say that it was a flying saucer?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm trying that too. We must eliminate the obvious, and then anything else we can explain. Thereafter, we have to ask the question: "What is that?" Is that not logical? I'd say it is!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

First of all,

I'm not your "little buddy!!" We show respect to each other here, OK?

Did I EVER say:

"it was a flying saucer?"

No, I DID NOT!

Show respect to Your fellow ATS's! If you can't, then move on ok. People like Chad show that respect and engage in enlightened conversation.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

So that validates my experience? Tell me, explain my experience with all your knowledge! I'm waiting.... You have all the answers.... I'm going to pop some pop corn...

Hmm what happened to respecting our fellow members?

You're getting hostile for no reason little buddy. I'm here to try to help figure out what you heard.

Now do you want to describe what you heard or do you just want to continue jumping down my throat for no apparent reason?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Bored To Tears]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My guess is that you heard an aircraft add power to climb and then pulled back the power to level off, which often results in a sudden lack of noise as heard from ground level. Also, there are many reasons why a military aircraft might fly around without lights for training purposes. If civilian, they would certainly have landing lights on below 10,000 feet, but if above that it might be too high to see the strobes or position lights. Also, was it overcast at the time? A low cloud ceiling would easily hide any aircraft flying above it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Listen up.

If you lot can't post with civility, and discuss this properly without accusations of people being "shills" and other such stupidity, then quite simply don't post, because the last time I refreshed the page it said ATS in the top left hand corner and - frankly - we don't do that here.

If you want to have an actual discussion about the subject, then by all means feel free to do so.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Look, I don't want to jump down anyone's throat. I already described what I heard and saw previously in this thread. If you can manage to give me a reasonable explanation, then I Thank You!

However, there were NO lights to see, and it was clear outside. I'm well aware of sound and how long it takes to travel to the human ear. It may have been a test flight of aircraft that is not yet available for public consumption. SR71 is a great example. Nowadays (40yrs later) there must be WAY more advanced technology!! Agree

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ok explain how it sounded.

Did it have a deep vibration sound to it, almost like a large standing fan or Did it have a normal airline plane sound to it.

The differance in the two will tell us if it was a propellar jet engine or a normal jet engine.

If you had posted this info before then reply with your old post, I looked and didn't see a post by you describing what it sounded like.

I gave you two reasonable explanations and for some reason you have chosen not to accept them. How you can dismiss them is way above my head as you already stated you have no idea what you heard.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Bored To Tears]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You may have witnessed/heard a noise abatement takeoff.

Depending on the local rules, the idea is to take off at max power - as is usual - get the nose up with max power still on (speed is controlled by pitch attitude, raise nose to slow down and lower nose to speed up) and climb to an altitude of about 1000' - 2000' (whatever the airport requires) then level off and pull power down to what's required to maintain either cruise speed at that altitude and once out of the area climb to the altitude assigned by tower personnel.

Commonly done at Burbank, California airport and it's a little scary to watch for the first time.

As the OP noted, the engine sounds virtually disappear when the aircraft levels off.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, I've never seen a plane with no lights. But I live in Sacramento, California and When a Jet fly's over my house it feel's like a earthquake. I've always wonder these Jet's are so powerful.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ever occur to you that the pilot had a brain fart and forgot to turn his lights on? I've known a few to do this, embarassing, but no conspiracy, just a pilot with other things on his/her mind. It happens. After all, they ARE human.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would say the most likely scenario was a military flight doing NVG work. They fly lights out on NVGs. It could have even been one of the C-17s.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Look, I don't want to jump down anyone's throat. I already described what I heard and saw previously in this thread. If you can manage to give me a reasonable explanation, then I Thank You!

However, there were NO lights to see, and it was clear outside. I'm well aware of sound and how long it takes to travel to the human ear. It may have been a test flight of aircraft that is not yet available for public consumption. SR71 is a great example. Nowadays (40yrs later) there must be WAY more advanced technology!! Agree

Your pretty hostile for not wanting to jump down anyone's throat.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Forgive me if I was hostile. I'm just putting my case forward: what I heard and saw (nothing!). The damn thing went silent (and no, it didn't just take off). You maybe an aviator, I'm not. That is why I am asking the questions. Simple. I can not understand this. That's why I posted on ATS. Not to be flamed, but for someone to give a reasonable answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have not seen any jets flying without their lights on at night. However I have seen a small plane flying at night , with no lights on. When it passed under the light from the moon I could see it clearly and the plane was completely silent , no noise at all. I reasoned that it must have been 'drug-runners'.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm not at war with you. Please understand that. I just want answers. Yes, it sounded like a jet powered plane, but then there was darkness and no noise.... Impossible for a "jet only" powered plane to do that

Do You Agree, Or do You have an answer?

No Offense, I'm not trying to pee anyone off, I just want an answer. My question is simple: "What was that?"

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, it may have been a military flight. But not a C-17. They can't do that, unless they equipped with some unknown tech?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What a coincidence! i was on the 401 and i saw two of them flying in formation lol. i think its just drill, my dad said he sees them every time he comes through the area, past out towards morrowsburg.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join