It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moroccan faith healer arrested in Belgium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Moroccan faith healer arrested in Belgium

www.expatica.com

Belgian judicial authorities have arrested a Moroccan faith healer following the death of 18-year-old Layla Hachichi.

The woman died as a result of burns. Her body were found in her parents' home three weeks ago.

Lawyer Abderrahim Lahlali says that the faith healer was called in to deal with "psychological problems".

Newspaper reports suggest that the woman was a lesbian.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This news caught my eye because it looks like a news from centuries ago. Again we have those who believe homosexuality is a disease, but in this case the cure is not in a form of pill or mind suggestion but in an exorcism, which in itself is a very old practise. In fact I believed noone did it from some time now. As far as I know, a big part of Christianity does not believe in possesions, nor in exorcisms, but I guess not everyone feels this way.

www.expatica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
As far as I know, a big part of Christianity does not believe in possesions, nor in exorcisms, but I guess not everyone feels this way.

Of course Christians believe in exorcisms and possession. Jesus did exorcisms, and dealt with persons who were possessed. That being said, there are some people who are using hypnosis techniques to make others think they are possessed, then healing them. Suggestion can be a powerful tool in the wrong hands. Some Christian church services that use repetitive song verses produce a similar hypnotic suggestive trance, but the attendees don't realize that Eastern religious techniques, mantras, are performed through these repetitive songs.

Guess you have to keep the congregation in line, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Well his practices were barbaric and this isn't the way to treat homosexuals, but I do believe homosexualty is caused by a problem with brain chemistry or damage to certain part of the brain, pre birth.

Luckly scientists are close to the cure.

Scientists closing in on a remedy for homosexuality

[edit on 6-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What I meant is that some part of the branch does not believe in it. I may be wrong here, but as far as I know the Catholic Church basically says that the bible shouldn't be taken literally and that the possessions were not actually demonic cases but merely the interpretation that many people had back in those days. Again, I'm can't say that this is 100% correct but I pretty sure that's their position.

Edit:

reply to post by HotSauce

Well, yeah, there are different things I guess. You are intitled to believe it's a disorder but at least it should be treated with scientific methods, not arcaic rituals.

On the other hand, that study is a little weird. It basically messes with one's brain so that it can be attracted to people of a different genre. I'm sure they could also rewire an heterosexual's brain in order to be attracted by same-sex people, and yet noone would call it "cure for heterosexuality" nor it would mean that said sexuality is a disorder.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Radiobuzz]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Well, yeah, there are different things I guess. You are intitled to believe it's a disorder but at least it should be treated with scientific methods, not arcaic rituals.

I totally agree that homosexuals should be treated with compassion.

On the other hand, that study is a little weird. It basically messes with one's brain so that it can be attracted to people of a different genre. I'm sure they could also rewire an heterosexual's brain in order to be attracted by same-sex people, and yet noone would call it "cure for heterosexuality" nor it would mean that said sexuality is a disorder.

You should read the study a little closer this isnt what they are doing. They are just finding the part of the brain that are affected an then addressing them. Just like they did when they researched any other brain issue like depresions cause and effects.

Yeah you wouldnt call it a cure for heterosexuality because greater than 90% of people are born heterosexual, and you can easily explain the benefit of that behavior in terms of procreation and evolution, whereas you cannot make those cases for homosexuality anymore than you can say someone being born with Down's Syndrome is born healthy.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
that homosexuality "cure" thing is F'd up.

i hope they never find it.
it shouldnt matter if people are gay. if they do create this "cure" it WILL be pushed on people. the world we live in is too god damn stupid to think that it wont happen.

plus we dont know how that would affect the thoughts of people who get "treated." it could just REALLY mess them up.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't about you guys in here but if my dog started performing homosexual acts I would be seriously thinking there was something wrong with it and a bullet might be coming its way.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Well the actual appraoch they are taking is to give the parents, the mother in particular, the option of wearing a hormone patch which will then insure that the child will not be born homosexual. So it will be the parents choice.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Yeah it's sick, I life in Antwerp... A Muslim representative explained that exorcisms are very common and only to be executed by a Iman or theologist. And apparently there's a flood of amateurs making big bucks out of it

This girl got tortured with boiling water

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

i know but it will still be pushed on people. messing with a childs mind is evil. especially if they arent even born yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
You should read the study a little closer this isnt what they are doing. They are just finding the part of the brain that are affected an then addressing them. Just like they did when they researched any other brain issue like depresions cause and effects.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

I've read the article and it says nothing of the like. They're changing how a sheep's brain is working to suit the interest but nothing on the article shows that it was something wrong with their brains to begin with. Is not like down's syndrome because there you have an extra chromosome that affects all body cells. In any disease you have a cause for the problem, yet there's no clue of that in the report, which merely shows that a sexual orientation can be modified but that doesn't mean it is a disease. Like I've said, everything about you can be modified by altering your brain and yet doesn't mean you are sick.

reply to post by mazzroth

It's incredible the fact that you got a star for claiming you would kill your dog. Ah, the miracles of this amazing forum.

On a different note, the news was moved to this subforum because it was old. I just wanted to clarify that I saw it on a Spanish site a couple of days ago and I was under the impression that it was new, I didn't know it was not so my apologies.

top topics

join