It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 posts for live chat excessive??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Have you guys thought of lowering it... I mean you might get more than 3 people in there.... lol Just wondering... I dunno... Let me know!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey there,

A 200 post limit was put in place due to miss use of the chat room, we believe that by posting at least 200 times on the board you will be familiar with the rules by then and know whats expected of you when you enter the chat room, ATS rules are the same rules to follow in the chat room.

It also prevents spammers,

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
o ok... i just feel 50 would be sufficient,but no problem... was just a suggestion...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When I first joined, that drove me crazy. I can understand why though. Still it drove me nuts. LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yeah, 200 seems as good as infinity at first, but spending some time in the forums is absolutely vital for understanding what is and is not appropriate in chat.

And like pretty much everything else around here, it's a requirement born of hard experience.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think 200 is a little excessive also.I just got my 200 post a little over a week ago.The most people ive seen in there was 7.Not a whole lot for 4 chatrooms that hold 50 members a piece.I just made a thread of ideas that maybe could make it more popular .Dought it works though

new topics

top topics

join