It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post the most convincing U.F.O video/pic you ever seen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There are a few strange UFO videos here and I thought this one from Ecuador was interesting:

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkin

Unfortunately that video still floats around the internet as "real". When the creator, Philipe Kling David (A CGI artist) claimed responsibility for it LONG ago. It was not a hoax, simply the author doing what he does, making CGI animations. Of course through the internet, especially youtube, this video was misinterpreted as real and/or someone obfuscated the facts to deceive the public about the videos authenticity. This is why it is SO important to the FACTS to people, so even those who really are into UFOs (enthusiasts as they call them) do not continue to believe things they may hold as solid proof when in fact it is false. We have to be like this because to move ufology the right direction we have to be sure we are using the right facts to do so.

Your video Known as the "Captive Grey"|

Here is a thread by internos with a discussion with the CGI author Philipe Kling David:

• CGI: discussion with Philipe Kling David

Your video and many others are discussed in that thread, I suggest ALL read it to add these known hoax/fake videos to their knowledge base.

[edit on 11/7/2009 by jkrog08]

• posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
    link   
    This is amazing video that just came out.

Check it out!

From Colorado USA.

[edit on 11/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:11 PM
    link   
    Here is another recent one from Colorado.

[edit on 11/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:13 PM
    link   
    reply to post by IntoUFOs

Dude your links don't work.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
    link   
    Just want to say what a good idea for a thread, simplicity exemplified!

I can't wait to check them all out.

S+F

K

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
    link   
    Been a bit bussy today, but will go over each video and give my personal opinion tomorrow, CET.
    Some of the vids are obvious fakes. I seem to be more sceptical at 31 than 15 it seems

I am reading up on the subject here at ATS.

Anyhow, thanks for all the replys, keep posting.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:59 PM
    link   
    Here is another classic and top 15 UFO case IMHO. This is known as the Tremonton, Utah UFO Fleet and was a video taken by a Navy officer Delbert Newhouse on July 2nd, 1952 (keep in mind there was NO CGI back then and NO known planes or balloons in the area
    ):

This great case has a very rare film taken from the witness, as well a great film analysis from the USAF itself regarding an in-depth case study of the July 2nd, 1952 Tremonton, Utah UFO Fleet sighting by Navy Officer Delbert Clement Newhouse. The images in the film consist of the actual recorded video from 1952 showing what appears to be a ”fleet” (multiple UFOs usually in formation seen hovering for an extended period) sighting in Utah. The rest of the video consists of the actual interview, albeit rehearsed for documentation, of the witness Officer Newhouse and a Project Blue Book investigating officer. It also shows an in-depth and commentated analysis of the film by USAF personal. The rest of the thread will provide a more detailed discussion and overview of the official government analysis, as well as my personal opinion on the case. This is yet another truly astonishing case in Ufology that many people do not know about and continues the saga of the “UFO Wave” from the late 1940’s to today. This film and case has been very briefly talked about on ATS and is not widely known among the general UFO interested public. It deserves much more considering the case.

Hynek Classification: DD

Details of The Sighting and Important Facts

Another great case involving a seasoned military witness amps up the UFO phenomena even more in the early 1950’s. Technology was starting to boom at this time as a post war U.S. took over as the predominant superpower, and lucky for UFO researchers more technology means better and more imaging devices (i.e.; cameras). As will be shown below, camcorders played a major part in documenting this case with nice video evidence. This case was among others included in the Robertson Panel , a much more serious and prudent UFO brain trust and investigation formed to take UFO research by the government to the next level following a mass of major UFO sightings, one of which placed multiple UFOs directly over the nations capitol a couple weeks after this event.

Details of The Sighting
    [pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/135cd59a6df6.jpg[/pressimg]
    Photo of Officer Newhouse courtesy of nicap.org

At 11:00AM on July 2nd, 1952, Delbert Newhouse was driving from Washington D.C. to Portland Oregon for vacation on US highway 30-south with his wife and two children(Delbert and Anne). Seven miles into Tremonton, Utah his wife, Norma, noticed a group of strange objects in the sky and the car was pulled over to investigate. Luckily Newhouse had a camcorder in his luggage for the vacation, he proceeded to get it, place the celluloid film inside, and film the unknown objects for around 40 seconds. Keep in mind this was a 21 year military (US Navy) veteran who was still on active duty, coincidentally he was also a Chief Photographer. He stated that he had never seen anything like this before and did not know what they were.

By the time he got his Bell and Howell 16 mm camcorder out the objects had nearly made it to the horizon, Newhouse stopped filming once the objects were no longer visible to him. In addition to being a Chief Photographer Newhouse also had over 2,000 flying hours and stated that he had never seen anything resembling the “12 saucer shaped discs”. Their color and appearance was “silvery and metallic looking, like they were made of bright, polished metal”. He stated that their pattern of flight was somewhat circular and their sized resembled a fleet of B-29’s at 10,000 feet. Newhouse also said that the objects did not remain in formation at all times, with one object breaking off entirely and going off somewhere in the distance, in addition the objects made no sound or had any visible wake or exhaust.

The weather was clear and sunny with excellent visibility. Newhouse stated that he was disappointed in the film compared to what he actually saw with his eyes. Newhouse admitted to making the mistake of setting the focus on ‘infinity’ instead of “F-8” but he was understandably shaken and excited. Newhouse then contacted the USAF and Navy and sent in his film. Newhouse also stated that before, during, or after no planes, balloons, or birds appeared in the sky while he was there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/636b513328f5.gif[/atsimg]
    Image of vintage Bell and Howell camcorder courtesy of tfgtransfer.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd4d62fb1c33.png[/atsimg]
    Map showing location of incident in Utah, USA

The Video

NOTE: It has recently came to my attention that some members on here are deaf, so I will post a link to the transcript of the interview below for those who can not hear.

• Here is a good freeze frame showing the ‘fleet’ Courtesy of ufologie.net
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc2cd76f7969.jpg[/atsimg]

• Newhouse Interview Transcript

Important Information
    First let’s start with some information on the witness, Delbert Newhouse:
    Full name was Delbert Clement Newhouse
    • Married with two children, a boy and a girl 12 and 14 years old
    • 21 year veteran of the US Navy
    • Official rank was Chief Warrant Officer
    • Official job was Chief Photographer
    • Over 2,000 hours filming and documenting US military air missions
    • Graduated from the Naval Photographic School
    • 39 years old at time of sighting

Now let’s look at sighting information and the analysis of the objects in the film:

Time of sighting was 11AM MST
    • Date of sighting was July 2nd, 1952
    • Location was Tremonton, Utah on US highway 31- south
    • Film was captured by a Bell and Howell 16mm video camera
    • Lens was 3 inch
    • Focus was infinity
    • 16 frames per second
    • Multiple lens filters were used; F8 and F16
    • Film type was celluloid
    • Estimated distance from observer was 5 miles
    • Estimated size of objects based on that distance was between 16 and 98 feet
    • The estimated velocity was anywhere between 378-3748 mph depending on actual distance of objects and compensation for shaky film. Most have settled on 665 mph for a mean speed. However that is still supersonic.
    • Maximum acceleration computed at 21,168 mph/sec with G-Force at 965
    • Minimum acceleration computed at 1,104 mph/sec with 50 g’s
    • Maximum deceleration computed at 32,448 mph/sec with 1479 g’s
    • Minimum deceleration computed at 272 mph/sec at 12 g’s
    • It appears that the objects were self-illuminating
    • Evidence of abrupt changes in flight path throughout film
    • Certain objects appear to remain motionless while others move freely
    • Objects have same color and shape
    • Film was reprinted in 35mm by the USAF for better clarity and to avoid further degradation of the original
    • Position of Sun at time of sighting was 64.5 degrees elevation and 131 degrees azimuth
    • No balloons in the area
    • No planes in the area

Distance, velocity, and weather information courtesy of nicap.org
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e288da1efc73.jpg[/atsimg]

More Information:
  • USAF Official Analysis
  • Photogrammetric Analysis
  • Tremonton Directory

Alternate Explanations and Conclusions

There was much research carried out by the USAF and this was taken very seriously. The conclusions reached by the facts of the film analysis point to one of two things in my opinion. One is that this is actual video of objects of unknown technology, two is that this was a flock of birds that led to erroneous lab results from the lack of reference points, approximate distance, and modern film analysis technology. I will now go over the alternate explanations that could be possible to discount the UFO theory, as well the official conclusions reached by Blue Book.

Alternate Explanations
    There was put forth a variety of possible explanations to account for the fleet of objects filmed by Newhouse. Some put forth were pillow balloons, birds, insects, spider webs, “flying spiders”, reflected plane headlights, aircraft flares, temperature inversion, hoax, and more. None of those panned out with further research and logical conclusions, and in fact the only theory that even remotely fit was the “flock of seagulls theory”.

Further information including further government analysis, documents, concusions, and more continues in this thread HERE.

• posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
    link   
    This is my favorite photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ae89dc197b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Martindoolittle

I like this one, but I don't know enough about CGI tech to really say.

reply to post by hermantinkly

Either you are joking or you are real easy to trick. The first pic is obviously a fake, some kind of PS job. Looks like the top of an oil or gas tank.

Second pic, could be anything, but hard to determine.

Third pic is a fake, something being held up in front of the camera the size of a toy.

reply to post by jkrog08

Very well documented and hard to discredit, one of the best in my opinion.

P.S: Thanks for the links, luv'em.

reply to post by GovtFlu

The first vid I would have to say I think is fake, the second also, just a lot more convincing, but the sideways wobbling gave it away.

reply to post by Walkin

Guess it only seems convincing to you, to me it looks halloweenish.

reply to post by Walkin

I like it, not a fake, that's for sure.
    I have been looking at a lot of Buddhist art and must say I see lots of hints like that.

reply to post by karl 12

Have seen tons of vids like this, could be anything and is hard to credit or discredit.

reply to post by IntoUFOs

I would have to say it most likely is a toy.

The second vid is more convincing, but still easy to fake.

reply to post by jkrog08

Again, a ton of documentation wich lends to its credibility, nice one.

reply to post by rainfall

Can see why it is one of your favourite photos, but that's all it is.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all of the pics/vids and inks, keep em coming

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join