It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an UFO on my picture?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

If you mean that it doesn't look like a bird because it is out of focus then you are correct. What we should be saying is the shape is that of a bird.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Why is there light reflecting under the "wing" of this bird thats shadows and contrasts are occuring in such a way as to appear metallic?

Bird feathers can appear reflective when the sun hits them. If you have ever seen a feather laying on the ground, sometimes they have a sheen to them.

ezinearticles.com...

The blue colors come from reflective interference. In combination with Melanin and Lutin, reflective interference also produces green and other shades. It is also what gives the feathers their iridescence. This coloration is produced by the same phenomenon that gives color to a film of oil on a water surface.

loryresearchgroup.org...
while white feathers reflect all visible light.

White also is also a structural feather color that relies upon the same principles described for blue feathers, except that white is produced when all wavelengths of light are reflected. A white feather also shows comparable structural characteristics. When a white feather is observed under a powerful microscope, the surface structure appears crystalline, resembling cut glass or snow, clearly capable of reflecting all visible light.

Thus the reason why there is an appearance of a metalic color. Amazing the tricks that can be played upon our eyes

[edit on November 6th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

If you mean that it doesn't look like a bird because it is out of focus then you are correct. What we should be saying is the shape is that of a bird.

Sorry, no. It's definitely slightly blurry but I've seen photos where birds appear blurry and they don't resemble the shape in the OP. Remember, I'm not saying it's written in stone that it's a UFO. To ME, it's unidentified so it's a UFO. Whether the object is a nuts and bolts craft, I'm not saying.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Maybe you saw a blurry picture of a differant type of bird and that is why it doesn't look the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I see no reason to believe it is anything but a bird.

Very good. My first thought was that of a bird as well.

I have seen similar pics show up on ATS and every time I have seen a pic like this it has always ended up being a bird.

This pic you posted shows a great example of how it is just a bird. Looking at it, you can clearly see the body and the wings of the bird. The comparison picture you offer makes it even easier to see what it is.

Good job

[edit on 7-11-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It is threads like this that make me wonder why I come to ATS at times. Of course it's a bird. But some people are blind to the truth even when it's right in front of them. To me, something is wrong when some want "space aliens" and "space ships" in their lives so bad that it causes them to look at a bird, yet think they see "space ship".

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

What is it with peoples obsession with swamp gas and using it to make fun of I assume skeptics?

Please, grow up.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

It looks like a UFO coming through a vortex of some sort, but it is hard to determine if it is actually a UFO. In my opinion it looks like you may have caught one materialising in the Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Why is there light reflecting under the "wing" of this bird that's shadows and contrasts are occurring in such a way as to appear metallic?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Unity_99]

I share that opinion with you. That is something that has to be explained.
From that distance it should have been completely dark especially below the wing, if it was a bird that is.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It seems similar to the one I saw, chromed, with this shape:
img690.imageshack.us...
Except that the one I saw was 25-60 metres from where I was standing.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
interesting replies so far, thanks for them!

@Blueracer: I honestly don't know what it is, that's what i posted and asked. If I thought i knew for sure what it is, I wouldn't ask. Of course it can be a bird, but it does look like an odd one if it is. I apologize if you find my post stupid, atleast others are trying to come up with a constructive conclusion in a more polite way. I don't have a need to identify every dot in the sky as an alien craft, just so you know.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When there's the possibility that something captured in a photo or video is a bird, there are some things that we should remember.

1. Feathers are translucent, and in the right conditions, the wings are also translucent, because they are very thin

2. Most birds have more than one colour or shades of one colour, some for camouflage purposes, some for attractiveness, and those different shades may look like highlights and shadows

3. There is no way of knowing if what we see is light being reflected in shiny but not specular surface or if we are seeing just a whiter area surrounded by darker tones

4. Different ways of flying make different shapes. While a pigeon has usually a very energetic way of flying (they are relatively heavy for the size of their wings) and it's difficult to catch them with their wings in an intermediate position, only above or below them, seagulls, for example, have a slower wing rhythm and longer wings so it's easy to catch them in an intermediate stage, when they are moving their wings from below to above their bodies in what is almost a two-stage movement, in which they raise first the part of the wing closer to the body and only after that they start raising the tip of the wing.

Here is a boring video of a pigeon made by me two years ago, when I started making some experiments, in which we can see some of the about points. I slowed it down from 30 fps to 2 fps.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It does look like it might be a bird, but the first thing that popped into my head was a helicopter of some sort. Interesting photo tho, thanks for sharing.

Chrono

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This UFO has now been identified. It IS a BIRD, the object matches all the correct characteristics for photographing a bird in flight. From the overall shape (looks like a Seagull to me) to the objects flight dynamics. GreenEyedLeo and ArMaP, as well others have correctly called this one. This case is closed in any logical opinion. Good job everyone for being so fast to jump on this (maybe cause we have seen it before, many times). But I hope this thread doesn't mutate into a secondary thread about "skeptics", please lets not go there guys, this is only science. And to the OP, thanks for sharing, you never know until you ask.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

hey, you're welcome...thanks for looking into it, finally i can put it at hold, have a nice day...i think we can close this topic i guess...

[edit on 7/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
This UFO has now been identified. It IS a BIRD, the object matches all the correct characteristics for photographing a bird in flight. From the overall shape (looks like a Seagull to me) to the objects flight dynamics. GreenEyedLeo and ArMaP, as well others have correctly called this one. This case is closed in any logical opinion. Good job everyone for being so fast to jump on this (maybe cause we have seen it before, many times). But I hope this thread doesn't mutate into a secondary thread about "skeptics", please lets not go there guys, this is only science. And to the OP, thanks for sharing, you never know until you ask.

This really sounds like "people move on, nothing to see here"...
I am not convinced by the analysis by Armap and GreenEyedLeo.
It could be a bird, could be not. I have also some pictures showing spots in the sky. One of them looks really like a UFO but it is too small to determine what it really is, so it remains a UFO, just like this one.
In my opinion it looks too metallic to be a bird.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah, the fact that it looks like a bird doesn't make it being a bird.

I think that's logical..

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Edit: Sorry, wrong button.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Logical opinion? From a blurry photo that elicits various responses as to what it may be? What gives you this "special" gift to say the case is closed? Where do you get this authority? Leave the case alone for others express their opinion also. Know it alls - hah!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
It could be a bird, could be not.
Off course it can be another thing, even if it looks like a bird, there is really no way of knowing.

But at what point do we stop demanding more evidence?

If you see someone at a distance that looks like a friend of yours, it could be or it could not be. He gets closer and you see that, although not really close for you to recognise his face, you see that the way he walks and his other characteristics are the same as those of your friend.

That is my position in this case, I see enough things in the photo to think it's a bird.

I have also some pictures showing spots in the sky. One of them looks really like a UFO but it is too small to determine what it really is, so it remains a UFO, just like this one.
So, it looks like a UFO, but as it is too small to be really identified it remains a UFO? Isn't that a contradiction? How can something "look really like a UFO" but, because it's not recognisable, remains a UFO? Aren't you using the word "UFO" with two different meanings?

In my opinion it looks too metallic to be a bird.
That's the problem with low quality photos (and the reason people ask "what's this"), without enough information we have to go by our opinions only.

Mine was already posted, I think it's a bird.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join