It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been nominated President ... Tell us your solution!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
(was going to post in Conspiracy section, but was advised by mod to post here) So ....

Close your eyes for a few minutes. Imagine you are the president of the US (or whatever), and you have just received a report with indisputable facts that state without a shred of doubt that the humons are destroying the planet. Killing it! The top soils, fresh water supply, the ocean life necessary for our survival, the CO2 emissions, rain forests disappearing, destroyed the ozone layer, the air we breath, pollution everywhere, etc. etc. etc. Prognoses: we're ALL doomed unless ALL of these issues cease immediately. Yes, the report says we're ALL doomed if this continues. Bottom line: the Earth can not sustain these many humons, especially these many humons all living the lifestyles that they have all come to be spoiled rotten by.

Now, being president, what would be your recommended solution ... to save the planet, and at least a reasonable number of humons?

Come on, you're the president now, it's your duty to protect humanity, be it billions, or mere millions. So, what is your REALISTIC recommendation? (no, I don't want to hear "I'll pray to god" or "Lets wait, the reptilians will save us" or "Maybe humons will wake up and all start living with only the absolute bare minimal essentials"). It's YOUR responsibility now, you're the commander in chief ... so, what is your recommendation, solution, orders? Remember, the fate of humanity rests upon your decision, Mr. POTUS!

p.s., bare minimum essentials does not include automobiles or airplanes or anything that burns fossil fuels, no toys and appliances or other manufactured conveniences, drastically smaller homes, no more meat farming, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and this also means 80% of us will have to become farmers because there are no more tractors (even if they were electric, NO MORE MINING is allowed for the metals used to make these unnecessary machines).

Well????

(my response: release the viruses!)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Let all the humons die!

I could care less about them, mainly because I don't know what one looks like.

Possibly though, if we HUMANS were threatened, I might be a bit concerned....

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Your posts are of a fair quality in relation to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. That being said; why do you spell human with an o in the place of the a? Am I wrong when I say I think it deliberate?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Oh, sorry, earth languages are not my cup of coffee, or is that suppose to be tea? Anyhow, humon translates to human in English, so you are correct, we are addressing you Earthlings.
SO ..

Hurry, hurry, Mr. POTUS, time is running short, you must act/react immediately, before it is too late. And .. stop looking so confused and worried and say something, you're starting to worry the populous now, show some confidence. Listen, you're the brainiac in charge now, Mr. Honcho, so tell us what to do!!!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Easy answer.... fix the problem if it was real.

Why in the hell would you want to stop using fuel when Algae Oil and Nuclear produce NO CARBON!

Yeah, that's right.... Algae Oil is CARBON NEUTRAL and burns as gas, diesel, and jet fuel!!!

Nuclear is easy. Your draconian "no technology" doesn't make an ounce of sense if CO2 is a problem because we can do just about everything we do today without increasing CO2 output and actually reduce it by burying charcoal. (Actually read and watch the videos before commenting)

Not Difficult and does not require a carbon tax to make my friends rich.

Carbon Reduction:
www.newscientist.com...

Your work on atmospheric chlorofluorocarbons led eventually to a global CFC ban that saved us from ozone-layer depletion. Do we have time to do a similar thing with carbon emissions to save ourselves from climate change?

Not a hope in hell. Most of the "green" stuff is verging on a gigantic scam. Carbon trading, with its huge government subsidies, is just what finance and industry wanted. It's not going to do a damn thing about climate change, but it'll make a lot of money for a lot of people. - (skip a few questions)

There is one way we could save ourselves and that is through the massive burial of charcoal. It would mean farmers turning all their agricultural waste - which contains carbon that the plants have spent the summer sequestering - into non-biodegradable charcoal, and burying it in the soil. Then you can start shifting really hefty quantities of carbon out of the system and pull the CO2 down quite fast.

Would it make enough of a difference?

Yes. The biosphere pumps out 550 gigatonnes of carbon yearly; we put in only 30 gigatonnes. Ninety-nine per cent of the carbon that is fixed by plants is released back into the atmosphere within a year or so by consumers like bacteria, nematodes and worms. What we can do is cheat those consumers by getting farmers to burn their crop waste at very low oxygen levels to turn it into charcoal, which the farmer then ploughs into the field. A little CO2 is released but the bulk of it gets converted to carbon. You get a few per cent of biofuel as a by-product of the combustion process, which the farmer can sell. This scheme would need no subsidy: the farmer would make a profit. This is the one thing we can do that will make a difference, but I bet they won't do it.

ALGAE OIL
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

NUCLEAR

GARBAGE PLASMA
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

OK, now we will not do these, we are going to tax the # out of people in the form of carbon credits in order to enrich the elite and fund a world government.... reducing nothing but personal wealth.

Only a freeking IDIOT believes Cap & Trade will lower carbon emissions, there is so much data to the contrary.

Cap & Trade has been a solution waiting for a problem. Enron's favorite political push.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have my ideas but even a rough outline is way too much for me to type at this time. But to sum it up the solutions would not be capitalistic in nature.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I like that idea, if it means no wealth for anyone .. just the basic life essentials. Food, shelter, clothing.

The carbon tax, which was also mentioned, does not address all the other issues however. Life as we know it will not continue if the ocean life and rain forest are destroyed, and the pollution that is poisoning us still remains, and if this consumption of finite resources continues unchecked.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wasn't their an exact thread just like this 2 days ago. How about using the search function before posting something?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Give israel back to Arabs, and say we are sorry.

We will eventually, as we've waged war against an entire people because of a few bad eggs, who were tought our ways by the CIA.

Then we let the oppressed become the oppressor, and we'll have to make up for it, as we did for the Jews after the Nazis.

I think once that happens, Arabs stop getting special treatment. They now have what they have been fighting for, and will have to settle down.

Bring back all troops, and start replacing our bridges and roads. Close all forgien military bases and cut off ALL funding outside of America, with no israel, only a few dollars would be left to cut.

Now we are no longer in the hole each year, and don't fund the worlds lazy people.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Hurry, hurry, Mr. POTUS, time is running short, you must act/react immediately, before it is too late. And .. stop looking so confused and worried and say something, you're starting to worry the populous now, show some confidence. Listen, you're the brainiac in charge now, Mr. Honcho, so tell us what to do!!!

I would say: Fetch me a nice wine and Antonio Banderas.

well you asked.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great Job infoLerker, I've Faved it, gonna watch that stuff tomorrow.
I know 200% that Al Gore in his Banker Fraud's are stealing the World Popultions money, yet the Sheeple are feeling guilty for screwing up the planet...

No such thing as ' Hey you with that Mazda, you screwed up the planet' deal going down ,and even thoug carbon has been added by us in the past 150 years, I refues to belive it has any thing to do with the climate change, the co2 has as I have seen it been going up steadily the last 3000 years or so...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Wasn't their an exact thread just like this 2 days ago. How about using the search function before posting something?

Nope, it's the first time "I've" asked this question here. Maybe you were remote viewing the future.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would give total, and complete power, as well as total unacountability to my governor Arnold Swarchenegger.

He would cut through all the red tape with his hunting knife ...... before hurling through an old congressman.

What he doesn't get done with finesse and political prowess, ... he will swiftly accomplish with a grenade launcher, .... and a cigar.

........ afterwards looking into the camera and saying " You've been vetoed"

Arnold for dictator !!!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its really easy actually. Go with the flow.

Unless you flush Congress, eliminate all the lobiest etc, you will never get anything done. Why do you think Obama even with a majority has had to make compromises. Anything I propose to fix the problem would be bottled up for years.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would forcefully take 1/3 of the wealth from the top 10% richest people in the country and distribute it to the bottom 30% poorest. In other words rob the Walton family and provide to the poor. A single massive act to chop back an unfair lead.

Inner city schools are a disaster. I would end the war on terror overnight and instead use the money on our children. Trading slaughter for education seems like a no brainer to me.

Legalize Marijuana and tax it. 860,000 people arrested for simple possession last year. Link Give me a break. How much will I save our country with this single act. Probably more than the cost of the war or bailout.

I would make all police force members nationwide take a psych test without telling them what it was for until all tested. Then I would FIRE all who are racist in nature.

I would formally apologize to the planet and to countries/peoples whose lives have been completely ruined by the actions of past Presidents like Bush.

Cease ALL detainments that are not governed by the constitution.

Throw out the Fed and end Fed Income tax.

Spend billions supporting entrepreneurs.

OK after all those actions were complete I would have my morning coffee on my first day in the Presidential garden.

Also, I would have a big set of balls and be Presidential in my actions. Make decisions on what I feel is right, not what some group of puppet masters want. Lay down the hammer so to speak.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Okay, think covert then. And remember, you must act, because you're in charge, it's your responsibility now, Mr/Ms POTUS. The planet faces imminent ecological collapse if nothing is done, which will mean we ALL die. So, how do we prevent this.

There's got to be someone out there qualified to be Mr/Ms POTUS that can do this. ?

(assume this is real, please, no "it ain't gonna happen" replies, I want to know what you would do or expect the PTB to do if this were REAL)

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You would have to take a fair and balanced approach to the issue. first identify the problem/s and verify their validity, identify why it exists, present solutions, and weigh the consequence of each solution to the consequence of the initial problematic actions, and finally re-weigh the plausible and sensible solutiions to identify an order of efficiency. then most importantly you have to identify which solutions will pass over with the magority of the governed people and present them with a board of reactions to vote/choose from. once a solution set is elected it must be followed vigilantly, amending it only to react to unforseen negative results and or a magority of displeasure among the governed, with each amendment being given the same forethought and effort as the original solution set.

now that being said, i have been recently elected president and here comes mister problem across my desk! ohnoz!

The Problem: Degradign the overall well being of the planet and its climate via consumption of fossil fuels and other resources.

Ok so is it a valid one? sure. it has validity. we should always take care to preserve our nation and our planet for future generations. but why are we doing this? We humons
are consuming natural resources because we must exist. even our far reaching ancestors burned wood and skinned dear. we carved rocks and wood for transportation and basic essential life needs. now i understand that it is difficult to compare new york city today to the caves and hills of 5 thousand years ago, but the reasons are still simple and the same. People burn gas for heat, we use natural resources to produce food and package food... but there are definately some areas that we could trim the fat on so to speak.

First, the population continues to climb, and will continue to do so woyhout some global catastrophe or large scale population control being implemented. we must assume that we humons will continue to grow in numbers as this is the worst case scenario for our purposes.

This means that more and more individuals will own and operate cars and/or have a need for transportation. this is a huge weight on natural resource shoulders. we have already seen the implementation of "smart cars" hydrogen fuels, solar powered vehicles and the like. however, as of now the rate of transition is that by the time we have implemented fully this plan, we will still be consuming the same amount of resources as we are today. granted it will be less than if we didnt do anything at all, it still leaves a deficit in our resource budget. we must present more and new solutions in conjunction with our current plan of action.

we could go back to horse drawn carriages. (insert laugh if you want here). however efficient this may be in reducing resource usage, the governed would never embrace it. travel time would be greatly increased, and we would incur a whole new set of issues. you can keep a car in a garage, but a horse requires special attention. so thats out.

we could require people to use bicylces. or other self powered vehicles. but yet again the efficency of this idea will be outwheighed by unpopularity.

we could implement a new eco friendly mass transit system. this idea could actually work. even though the individual would hae to entrust his ability to arrive to work on time, or home in a timely manner, to someone else... there are ways to make it work, and people would adjust. these mass transit systems are already in place in magor cities and have huge potential to reduce fuel consumption. although there would still be a need for POVs in more urban and rural areas. The system could be electric, powered by turbine generated electricity coupled with solar coupled with hydroelectric means.

we could require people to work within a certain mileage of thier home, eleminating long commute and reducing fule used. the problem here is that the purpose of government is not to be so intrusive on private lives as to tell you where you can work. (even though we may not see it in todays US govm't) coupled with this we could develop means and ways to enable people to work from home via internet. This increases the issues with cyber security but drastically reduces fuel usage.

there are more possibilities i am sure... but for now lets run with what we got here. obviously these are my ideas lol and i am gonna choose the reasonable ones, but lets work it, k?

the mass transit idea is a decent idea, although i doubt making it mandatory would be a very fair action. making it available however is not enough. in this instance we would have to make it mandatory. if you live in a city over the size of ****** amount of people, the city would be provided with a transit system and using it would be mandatory for all residents. individual vehicle usage would be rationed, and a permit would be needed issued on a case by case basis for a fee of course. for people living in a non-city thier place of work must be within 20 miles of thier residence, or actually be thier residence. For people who do thier job on the computer, it should be made available to work from home over a secure network.

now i know this idea has flaws, and is obtrusive. but in this instance we are assuming that the worst is just around the corner

SECONDLY!!! and this is a real idea and i think that there could be real results from this... if you have skimmed through... READ THIS>

How many times have you gone to the gas pump? i am sure we dot it all the time. and no matter home much you jiggle the handle, or shake the line and bang it against the fuel ramp, there is ALWAYS a drop or two of gas that falls out. no worries its just a drop, right???

there are roughly 305mil people in the us. AS OF 2000 there were 210mil or so liscensed drivers. sayting that a tank of gas lasts about a week (for me it does, some more some less) that means that people are fueling 210mil times a week. that is 420mil drops spilled. each drop is 0.05ml. thats 21 million leteres a week. thats about 5.5 million gallons spilled a week. or 22million a month. with gas at 2.50, thats 55 million dollars spilled a month. thats 715million dollars a year spilled on the ground roughly....

how is that for a kick in the pants!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
As President Kennedy stated to Barry Goldwater after the botched Bay of Pigs Invasion, "So you want this f*cking job?"

Just cause I know people are going to dispute and to head that dispute off the quote comes from Pure Goldwater written by John W. Dean and Barry M. Goldwater Jr. -page 118.

But back to the topic. I have to ponder this. Its an excellent question! It should be a question that every American asks oneself actually.

Will be back!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It is not the president's job to save humanity. What would I do then?

To stop school violence I would arm the children. No more Columbines now that little 5 year old snot nosed Johnny can bust a cap in a would-be attacker's ass.

End funding of PBS and NASA. Neither are worth all the money that is spent on them.

Bring home all troops from around the world. Now.

Leave the UN and kick them out.

That's it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
diivde all remainimg land into equal plots according to the size of the population and let the people have if for free as they should. Let them stay in the houses they are in for as long as they are comfortable until they are ready to inhabit their new land, which they can then become self sufficient on, fixing the entire economy and environment. Hopefully this amaizing example would catch on globally to make way for total equality and peace on earth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join