It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real reason for the war in Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more OP. This is all true, It is sad how our world revolves around oil. Really is sad,
I appreciate you posting this , people need to know.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

well oil is an excuse to wipe them out. there is plenty of oil. our gulf of Mex fields wells are all refilled now. alaska has more oil than saudi arabia untouched. they use it to control usand get stinkink .i hate them all, some are so stupid as to believe "the economy will be ruined so they kill for them, cia agents and what not'

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"Equipment bought for Iraq, paid for by the US, stretching as far as the eye can see" - Reddit

Picture

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Found an uncanny image that mirrors my OP animation.

Construction of the proposed Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India pipeline scheduled to begin in 2010

Source

[edit on 5-12-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Oh! So that's why. Damn, guess I gotta blame my PTSD and loss of good friends, comrads and family to oil. Thanks for the information, intel. Bless your 2 shop.

:|

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Oh! So that's why. Damn, guess I gotta blame my PTSD and loss of good friends, comrads and family to oil. Thanks for the information, intel. Bless your 2 shop.
:|

May i ask Echo3Foxtrot, why do you think there is militarisation in these dust-bowl countries?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I suppose pakistan needs to be secure in order to continue the pipeline into india.
Makes sense considering recent US activity on the ground there.
awesome thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Thanks for the link to that great post by Agit8dChop.

It is interesting how they obfuscate logistics where the multinationals hide their bids, so people believe the contracts were awarded to non UK/US companies...load of BS.

Much like Blair's 'deal in the desert' and the release4 of the Lockerbie bomber for oil contracts in Libya.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Nice thread dude,

Makes you wonder, the oil companies effectively gain that as an investment should military operations succeed in holding back an angry populace.

Similar to Iraq.

If you knew, you had the money sum of 233billion barrels of oil, wouldn’t you be able to hire whatever mercenary force you want, pay off whatever government you want, and make sure that investment stays local?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Funny you mention mercs...

Posted December 31, 2009

Judge Ricardo Urbina dismissed all charges against the five Blackwater operatives accused of gunning down 14 innocent Iraqis in Baghdad’s Nisour Square in September 2007

Source

Perhaps they had a market stall that was in the way of the new pipeline or logistics tent

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
www.ringnebula.com/Oil/Timeline.htm

Pipeline timeline.

December 1991: Collapse of the Soviet Union, and the birth of Caspian Sea nations of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. 200 billion barrels of oil in the Caspian Sea region.

1995: Unocal, seeking to build a pipeline across Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (for delivery to energy hungry Asia via the Pakistani Arabian Sea coast), signed an agreement with Turkmenistan for natural gas purchasing rights for transport through a proposed pipeline. Unicol also signed an agreement with Turkmenistan for an oil pipeline.

August 6th, 1996: Unocal and Delta Oil Co. of Saudi Arabia signed a memorandum of understanding with Russia’s Gazprom and Turkmenistan’s Turkmenrusgaz to build a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan to Pakistan via Afghanistan.

October 1997: Unocal and other oil companies formed Central Asia Gas Pipeline Ltd (CentGas) in preparation for building the trans-Afghanistan pipeline.

1997: US Congress passed a resolution declaring the Caspian and Caucasus region to be a “zone of vital American interests”.

December 1997: Unocal invited Taliban representatives to their corporate headquarters in Sugarland, Texas to discuss the pipeline project. They were thereafter invited to Washington for meetings with Clinton Administration officials.

January 1998: Unocal agreement signed between Pakistan, Turkmenistan and the Taliban to arrange funding of the gas pipeline project, with Unocal also considering a Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-Arabian Sea coast oil pipeline.

1998: Vice President Dick Cheney, then CEO of the giant oil services company, Halliburton, stated: “I cannot think of a time when we have had a region emerge as suddenly to become as strategically significant as the Caspian”.

February 28, 1998: Unocal Vice President International Relations addressed US House of Representatives clearly stating that the Taliban government should be removed and replaced by a government acceptable to his company. He argued that creation of a 42 inch oil pipeline across Afghanistan would yield a Western profit increase of 500% by 2015.

March 1998: Unocal announced a delay in finalizing the pipeline project due to Afghanistan’s continuing civil war.

August 21st, 1998: Unocal temporarily halted development of the pipeline project following the US missile attacks against targets in Afghanistan.

November 1998: The Trade and Development Agency commissioned Enron to perform a feasibility study regarding an east-to-west route, crossing the Caspian Mountains and terminating in Turkey along the Mediterranean. (The route was later considered impractical, as it would cost an estimated $1 billion more than a route through Afghanistan.)

December 1998: Unocal issued a statement that it had withdrawn from the pipeline project on 12/4/98, noting “business reasons.”

May 15th, 2001: Regarding the placement of the Unocal Pipeline, a US Official delivered this ultimatum to the Taliban (via the Pakistani delegation acting as their interlocutors): “Either you accept our offer of a carpet of gold, or we bury you under a carpet of bombs.”

July 2001: Niaz Naik, a former Pakistani Foreign Secretary, was told by senior American officials in mid-July that military action against Afghanistan would go ahead by the middle of October.

September 2001: World Trade Center attacked by al Qaeda; fifteen of the nineteen were from Saudi Arabia. John O'Neill, WTC security chief, and former deputy director of the FBI, where he headed investigation of the al-Qaeda network, was killed in those buildings on that day. Since then thousands of reputable Architects and Engineers from across the world have publicly doubted the findings of the 911 commission into the collapses of the buildings and called for a new enquiry and grand jury www.ae911truth.org

October 7th, 2001: Military operations with aerial bombardment began in Afghanistan.

... and it goes on www.ringnebula.com/Oil/Timeline.htm

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The real reason for going to Afghanistan....

GREED.

I pray that these people will realize that they cannot spend money in hell. I pray that they will be awakened from the material world and realize that there is a spiritual war going on inside themselves.

Everyone take a moment to pray for these people and to give them a thought.

Meditate for love and order.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join