It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real reason for the war in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

In a nutshell - oil and gas!

Do not believe the mainstream lies which have morphed from one year to the next; it began with the excuse of purging the Taliban and Al Qaeda, where Osama bin Laden was hiding in the mountains somewhere, who was blamed for the 9/11 attack.

Today, Brown made a speech which now spouts this new rhetoric (in relation to Karzai's false premiership):

...he was not prepared to put the lives of British men and women in harm's way for a government that does not stand up against corruption...
Guardian

Kind of ironic, as he is also a leader who has never been elected!

TAPI Pipeline

Anyway, i'll cut to the chase and i've created the following animation to explain my point, as a picture paints a thousand words (Right click and select [View image] to see larger version in your browser). This was created from the following quote from Wiki:

The 1,680 kilometres (1,040 mi) pipeline will run from the Dauletabad gas field to Afghanistan. From there TAPI will be constructed alongside the highway running from Herat to Kandahar, and then via Quettaand Multan in Pakistan. The final destination of the pipeline will be the Indian town of Fazilka, near the border between Pakistan and India.[3]
Wiki

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1e37e1a2d98.gif[/atsimg]Source (more maps available)

(Note: I added the topography map, just to show how the pipeline will follow the highway between Herat and Kandahar, avoiding the mountainous areas)

Within Asia, there's something called the "Golden Crescent", an area of illicit opium production. Afghanistan's major export is opium, where i'm sure the CIA would love for it to flourish to further embellish & embrace organized crime. That's one reason for occupation, but there's another motive - transit of the black gold from one of the last bastions on the planet with a huge reserve of oil & gas...

So where's the oil and gas?

The Caspian Sea and gas fields in Turkmenistan, that's where. There is now a sense of urgency to extract these reserves as peak oil has now been reached. Experts estimate the Caspian could hold "possible reserves" of up to 233 billion barrels of oil. By comparison, Saudi Arabia has 261 billion barrels of oil and the United States 23 billion!

The TAPI pipeline will go through Afghanistan and the quasi-government ran by karzai (who was apparently an ex-employee of Unocal, the US oil company who were involved with a memorandum of understanding for the pipeline proposed build way back in 1996). Afghanistan will get huge transit fees for this pipeline, hence the blatant corruption that's going on with Karzai's 'smoke 'n mirrors' tenancy, as he was bought many moons ago and bent over the proverbial barrel.

Proof that oil is the reason...

Look at the map; notice the deaths of military in and around the proposed pipeline, especially Helmand Province. The TAPI pipeline will begin construction in 2010, hence the urgent surge in troop requirements to secure the route.

It's also interesting to note, that a brand new highway was constructed between Herat and Kandahar which the Afghans thought served no purpose, but of course it does serve a purpose because the pipeline will run alongside the highway!

So whilst the Taliban occupy the highlands and poppy fields, the military are busy safeguarding the proposed Herat / Kandahar silk route. If more troops are sent in the name of democracy and fighting Taliban resistance, just expect more casualties of war in and around the this key region, thus corroborating the real reason for the war...OIL.

Edit: Added (casualty) map link

[edit on 6-11-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I added a S + F for your post. I appreciated the depth and simplicity of the information you've provided/posted and hope that everyone who has any question as to WHY we're there reads it.

I remember long long ago (before we even invaded Iraq) seeing how this pipeline-route was planned and it would take the might of an army to see it through.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
S&F for you.

This is exactly what the MSM are not telling us.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Not once, have i ever heard any mention of the Caspian oil reserves, Turkmenistan & Afghanistan link in the MSM, nor will we ever.

Completion date of the pipeline is expected around 2015 and they desperately need to safeguard the route to begin the build next year. Protection will be an ongoing concern, hence General Sir David Richards said not too long ago: Afghanistan will take 40 years.

I'll bet you bottom dollar, Barry will send 40k more troops! Have a guess where they'll be stationed

[edit on 6-11-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I find most of what you have written to be spot on. The Pipeline will be driven through Afghanistan and it will be another outlet for Central Asian oil. NATO will continue to support the Afghan campaign contrary to pop culture views of the war. The EU privately doesn't like having to rely solely on Russia for fuel.

Here are some follow up threads that may be of interest.

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

AND

The New Great Game
As far as the Drug trade, that gets a bit sticky.

Within Asia, there's something called the "Golden Crescent", an area of illicit opium production. Afghanistan's major export is opium

UN report: Russia becomes largest market for Afghan heroin

Russia has become the biggest consumer of Afghan heroin with 21% of all the drug consumed in the world, as of the latest UN Office on Drugs and Crime report “Addiction, Crime and Insurgency” published on October 21.

According to the report, no less than 70 tons of heroin were trafficked to Russia in 2008 – that’s three times more than to the US and Canada together, and much more than previously estimated.

“It's being brought to Russia across the unprotected, transparent, and I would call them virtual borders, which were established after the collapse of the Soviet Union,” says Viktor Ivanov, head of the Federal Drug Control Service.

Heroin Trafficking

At present, opium poppies are mostly grown in Afghanistan, and in Southeast Asia, especially in the region known as the Golden Triangle straddling Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Yunnan province in the People's Republic of China.

The majority of the heroin consumed in the United States comes from Mexico and Colgmbia. Up until 2004, Pakistan was considered one of the biggest opium-growing countries.

Problems shooting up in Afghanistan

Afghanistan’s opium production is used to fund insurgencies against invading U.S. forces. The money from Afghan opium trickles through everyone in the country — from farmers to police to government officials. Outside the country, Afghan opium production is a $65-billion industry.

Afghanistan is now responsible for 92 percent of the world’s opium supply.

Most of this supply is distributed throughout Pakistan, Russia, Europe and China. Russia has been hit hard with heroin use, as deaths resulting from AIDS have exploded from 1,900 people in 2001 to 40,000 in 2007, 80 percent of which resulted from dirty needles.

The U.S. war in Afghanistan strongly influences Russia’s rising heroin statistics. After the U.S. went into Afghanistan, the Taliban needed more weapons and money, facilitating increased opium production. Russian gangsters trade military weapons with Taliban drug lords for heroin, fueling the vicious cycle with the U.S. military.

Source

Russia is the world's top consumer of Afghan heroin. Last month President Dmitry Medvedev warned that high drug use amongst the country's youth was a threat to national security.

Michel Kazatchkine, executive director of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, said AIDS still carried heavy stigma in Russia and the government needed to address this.

"Something in society is malfunctioning and it is unable to talk aloud about weaknesses," he said.

11.5 kg of Heroin Seized in SE China

2009-08-25
Police in the southeastern Chinese border town of Zhuhai have recently seized 11.5 kilograms of heroin and arrested five suspected drug traffickers, Xinhua News Agency reports.

It is reportedly the biggest drug case in China in three years. Besides the large amount of heroin, police also confiscated other drugs, raw materials, a pistol and 97 bullets.

CHINESE NOW DOMINATE NEW YORK HEROIN TRADE

Sunday, August 9, 1987
Chinese criminals have taken over the dominant role in New York City's heroin industry, in a sudden restructuring of a multibillion-dollar enterprise that for decades was the preserve of the Mafia, Federal law-enforcement officials say.

Authorities say ethnic Chinese traffickers have recently been flooding the New York market with huge shipments of Southeast Asian heroin, or China White, which is among the world's purest.

The Caspian Sea and gas fields in Turkmenistan, that's where. There is now a sense of urgency to extract these reserves as peak oil has now been reached. Experts estimate the Caspian could hold "possible reserves" of up to 233 billion barrels of oil. By comparison, Saudi Arabia has 261 billion barrels of oil and the United States 23 billion!

You're numbers are way off about the US reserves. However strategically speaking it does make sense. Buy their fuel now, save ours for later.

US Energy Policy

* According to the American Petroleum Institute (API), federal lands, including those on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS), hold an estimated 116 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 650 trillion cubic feet of recoverable natural gas — enough to fuel over 65 million cars for 60 years and meet the natural gas needs of 60 million households for 160 years.

* However, there could be much more oil and natural gas than has been estimated in areas where industry has not been permitted to explore, and where new technologies allow enhanced recovery of energy resources while protecting the environment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b253005a9e0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4189d349cdc0.jpg[/atsimg]
Coal

Coal is one of the true measures of the energy strength of the United States. One quarter of the world’s coal reserves are found within the United States, and the energy content of the nation’s coal resources exceeds that of all the world’s known recoverable oil. Coal is also the workhorse of the nation’s electric power industry, supplying more than half the electricity consumed by Americans.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/856a08097854.jpg[/atsimg]

Look at the map; notice the deaths of military in and around the proposed pipeline, especially Helmand Province. The TAPI pipeline will begin construction in 2010, hence the urgent surge in troop requirements to secure the route.

I agree most of the casualties are in the areas that have a heavier Taliban influence. But there are actually more casualties to the North East

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32fadd3f5935.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As always Slayer...

Afghanistan is now responsible for 92 percent of the world’s opium supply.

Amazing statistic. There are also so many tertiary industries to feed, with billions at stake, like the DEA and prison infrastructure, so they have to fuel the fire and make sure there are always drugs on the streets to increase crime and put the lower echelons of society in prisons. God forbid they clamped down the supply and we all lived an Halcyon life.

According to the American Petroleum Institute (API), federal lands, including those on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS), hold an estimated 116 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 650 trillion cubic feet of recoverable natural gas — enough to fuel over 65 million cars for 60 years and meet the natural gas needs of 60 million households for 160 years.

Regarding your US energy overview, well i smell something fishy. The sources you quoted were from Exxon and the US Department of Energy! I think there's a conflict of interest there to report true figures, as they want people to believe there's more than enough left on domestic soil to feed their oil habit for the next generation and beyond.

I'm sure most of those speculative figures, must be to do with drilling protected Wildlife tundras, as Palin was spouting in her campaign. Does the technology even exist to get to these pockets of reserves?

What about environmental damage?

In the UK, they will surreptitiously build new coal powered stations and to side-step new regulations they are incredibly just bury the carbon dioxide emissions before they go up the stack; one way to advocate 'clean coal' to the public and tax the # out of them, which is a misnomer as coal is anything but clean and they'll just hide it but still charge under cap 'n trade.

I can't dispute those figures Slayer, other than going round myself with a dipstick and collating numbers. Just sounds like BS and if those numbers are true, then that negates the purpose of this thread - the war in Afghanistan.

I just believe there's less accessible oil & gas compared to 10 years ago, and the easiest place left on Earth to mine is the Caspian Sea and surrounding land. Much better to pre-empt shortages by bombing the crap out of these dust-bowl countries, rather than wait for science to catch up and create special tech to extract reserves in inhospitable places like the Alaskan tundra.

But there are actually more casualties to the North East

If you look at the legend, most casualties in the NE are civilian. The green dots are military casualties, which ironically is a 'crescent' shape. Perhaps masonic symbology at work

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Silly me, I thought it was all about the opium!

Seriously, I'm humbled. I had heard of this but....
you earned the star and flag for this thread!
! You also made my friends list!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
wait wheres the casualty map again?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by obamalivechat

www.icosmaps.net...

Third map down on right hand pane.

NOTE. This is from last year, so recent figures would validate the pipeline theory even more so.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Awesome animation...

Afghanistan is strategically located between Russia and the Middle East as well it separate China from the Middle East and their oil. It's as simple as that..

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Excellent thread! We need more threads like this, informative, but simple. Good work my friend. S&F.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
its funny how Gordon Brown said a couple of days ago that we mustnt allow Afghanistan to be run by a corrupt government. There are few more corrupt people than this snake, how ironic.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If you have ever seen Alex Jones' interview with Aaron Russo before he passed away, you will see that all of this stuff about the pipeline is explained there. While I am suspicious of AJ's agenda, I believe Aaron Russo was a good man who cared about his country and really did care about truth and justice.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
First let me write a disclaimer: I think President Obama sucks, and should GET US OUT of Afghanistan ASAP. It's no surprise either, that I think Bush sucked too - and the moron before him, and the idiot before him. I think the vast majority of politicians are sleazy, lying scumbags who need to be watched and closely paid attention to.

Anyway, I just got done reading "The New Pearl Harbor" by David Ray Griffin. I suggest anyone who has not read it, to pick it up at your local book store. He also provides evidence as to why Afghanistan happened (other than 9/11).

His theory/evidence has lead me to believe the war in Afghanistan is the purpose of 3 larger motives.

1. The pipeline like the OP posted.

2. Drugs! It's no surprise Afghanistan is a gold mine for heroine. We know our Government has been letting in mass shipments of drugs (the CIA) for decades now.

3. Strategic geo-political positioning to dominate and influence that area for decades to come. Notice how they've surrounded Iran? We have permanent bases in Afghanistan, and now Iraq. All the scumbags in Government need now is a pre-text to invade Iran. We have Iran surrounded; why do you think the rhetoric against Iran has been so strong these last few years?

Just my opinion.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Manwin]

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Excellent information OP!

The total energy country by country tells a good bit.

It brings a few questions and a couple of cold comments.

I guess from my perspective except for just not using oil at all, I would have to agree if the reserves are limited in the world, then use yours last would make the most common sence. Cold, brutal, etc, yes, but that has made the world go round sence the begging of time.

If the conservatives in congress and some in Senate are always "drill here, drill now", but the Librals are always blocking that, are the conservatives not in the loop?

I know that most in Congress do not have a clue on the plans of the PTB. They are led around like sheep and thier voting shows it.

I sit here and think about that and it opens up a whole bunch of questoins.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
First of all suprised know one actually knows much about the pipelines, second their are more than one reasons, know one here has mentioned the New World Order and the bases needed in the middle East or the money made by the bankers who lend the countries money to go to War!

Taliban? You lot actually think they exist? as in Bin Ladend Army as you see on the TV media? Lol, I don't! Mujahadeen Freedom fighters were put their joint Pakistani, Israeli, CIA and British forces to keep the souviets out, so they can control the wordls drug trade.

The Taliban don't exist like there made out to exist, soldiers are sent to where they can do less or little damage and just waiste time trying to find Bin Laden (CIA agent) and then more and more "Taliban" are sent into Afhganistan threw Pakistan etc to make it look like they have full control.

Its about the NWO, establishing a base, Pipelines, Money from loans, Money from sales of guns and weapons etc. The Elite don't do one job at a time they kill 2 birds with one stone making money in the process as they move foward their agenda.

Soldiers are the real terrorists, invading other countries under false pretences once there most them figre out the truth but can't get out others are just damn right racists like prince Harry and William jsut racist bastards who got bored of playing video games and thought lets go Afghanistan and kill some pakis, so the Uk government use ti to their advantage, brainwashign stupid British public, hero this hero that "our Boys" LMFAO all mugs, racists, Armies are big gangs used by Elite to make money and control the worlds population and resources bit by bit!

How many people in the army actually seen proof of the wars and why they are there? No one? If I told you theres a house full of gangsters opposite who are about to kill us and I lied because I wanted them dead and they wern't even armed and you barge in and shoot them all, whos in the wrong? If I work for the Army does that make it better? NO!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

S&F for your post, time someone said it, huh? You forgot just one thing, the heroin that Americans love so much, and makes billions in black dollars for the CIA/NSA/DoD, and other agencies who run black projects far away from any Congressional oversight. The Taliban was bust burning the poppy fields when the Americans came. Now the have a bumper crop.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There are some - myself included- that believe the reasons for the wars and the blood shed in the middle east is based on ancient Occult and Mystical beliefs that we the people do not know of.. at least not the majority! Kind of like a 'Magickal turf war' almost... i might not be explaining that right so may edit later on lol

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Silly me, I thought it was all about the opium!

Seriously, I'm humbled. I had heard of this but....
you earned the star and flag for this thread!
! You also made my friends list!

Star and FLAG for sure, but who says it's only about the oil? How will the CIA continue it's black ops if they don't have their own private funds..... from opium of course.

Recent days have seen a spate of news articles about the brother of the country's American puppet President, Hamid Karzai. Ahmed Wali Karzai, the president's brother, is reported to have been on the CIA payroll for much of the past eight years, and to also be simultaneously implicated in the country's illegal opium traffic, against which the USA military forces are ostensibly fighting, as well as having ties to the Taliban, and helping the CIA to operate a paramilitary force, and on and on the tangled story goes. (1) All of which obviously raises a very large question as to what the CIA and the Pentagon are really doing in Afghanistan. Connect the dots and you could come to the reasonable conclusion that the American war in Afghanistan has two main functions: 1) to promote the opium trade for the CIA's own clandestine, black budget purposes, and 2) to promote general mayhem and warfare for the purpose of creating such instability and confusion that the war cannot possibly be won or successfully prosecuted, and, thus, just grinds on and on generating continuing, multi-billion dollar profits for American corporate war profiteers.

AND

Now, I am an American by birth and I am a long-term, informed observer of the scene in the USA. None of these insane asylum antics are occurring in a historical, social, economic, or political vacuum. Much of this we have seen before, but with each round of new crimes the audacity and brazenness of the usual suspects increases. It is astonishing to admit it, but the scale of the corruption has exceeded all rational bounds over the last decade, and in recent weeks and months, has become even more outlandish than ever before, if such a thing is possible. The vicious Caesars of ancient Rome, in all of their diabolical lust for absolute power and their grandiose schemes of global domination were but rank amateurs compared to the maniacal political pawns and minions that today prance and preen on the world stage, all the while plotting the totalitarian subjugation of billions of people and the outright theft of trillions of dollars worth of financial and natural resources. Millions of people all over the world can sense, or outright see, that we are fast approaching a sort of rupture with the past, and are about to be flung headlong over the brink of a yawning chasm into God-only-knows-what-awaits-us, and they also can sense, or see, that the aforementioned prancing and preening pawns and minions have something to do with the unsettling events of these parlous times.

all from;

www.rense.com...

Simply amazing to me, lock and load, it's on it's way..............

[edit on 7-11-2009 by daddio]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I had posted this link to an BBC article where the Taliban were actually in Texas being wined and dined while negotiating with UNOCAL dating back to 1997.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Simply Google "Taliban Texas"

OSAMA Bin Laden was working as the intermediary with these negotiations between UNOCAL and the Taliban. The Taliban wanted more than UNOCAL wanted to share and hence the current war in Afghanistan.

Historically the British had had their a##e# handed to them in the 1840's when attempting to over take Afghanistan.

With India demanding their independence from British rule, Pakistan was a British created. This is also why today Pakistan has US military weaponry and India uses Russian.

The US is merely an extension of the British Crowns military. WE are still a colony as a result of the FED being owned by the Rothschilds and our tax dollars merely pay interest to these wealthy European Banksters.

If the American people only new what was really going on but that's been purposely controlled as well as the owners of the MSM and the wealthy banksters are one in the same.Simply research the number of MSM news Anchors who are members of the Council on Foreign Relations.

This seques into exactly why the wealthy Media Moguls such as Rupert Murdoch detest the internet.

This is because it relinquishes their system of control over the common people , as to what the people are told as to why we fight these wars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join