It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No real hero's in Texas army base shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

You've never been on a state side base have you?

Weapons are kept locked in the Armory unless you check it out to clean it or shoot it... not something that happens everyday...

Only a small handful of people out of the thousands will have live Ammo MP's come to mind... safety is a big deal on a state side base so as much as you want to rant what you had was a bunch of unarmed people trying not to get shoot...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Becasue many of the men and women jumped into action immediately and started using their life saving expertise to prep people before emts could get there. They were reported as bein swift and instantly started ripping strips of cloth and binding people up.

It was reported the death toll could of been a lot higher if they hadn't.

So yes, they saved a lot of lives.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
To the OP:

You have a valid point regarding the media portraying people as "heroes" or patting their command and subordinates on the back for preventing further death. I personally became sick at watching the politicians and military brass giving each other compliments and pointing repeating cliche phrases about being "army strong."

That said, I believe that anyone in that room or building did what they could. If I'm sitting in a crowded room preparing to go to combat, I probably have a lot going through my mind. Then all of a sudden gun fire erupts. I look around for my nearest exit, hopefully helping people get out along the way. I think it's a fairly instinctive response to flee a situation when you don't know really what is going on.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by ExPostFacto]

<< 1   >>

join