It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glare on my lens or ufo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i made this video about 2 hours ago just testing out my new Opteka HD x2 lens i got today and was just re-watching the video on youtube and noticed this

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you just had some glare. Looks like a ufo though.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteOmnipresence

yeah i cant tell but definitely weird though especially the shape got me confused

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'd be inclined to guess that you had minute amounts of dust on your lens. I didn't notice any points of light when you put on the adapter, and when you screwed in the lens, then I saw several of them, and they seemed to me to hold somewhat of the same pattern, which suggest dust.

Just a possibility -- I'm not a photo pro, however I've had similar situations ruin shots of the green flash when I neglected to clean both sides of my filter, especially when I use the adapter and telephoto.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

no dust the lenses are clean the cams new and lens was clean, as for the adapter lens it just came out of the box and i looked over it the light and had no dust or anything on it. then went straight outside and took the video

just pulled them back out and double checked not 1 spec of dust on either lens

[edit on 6-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think its just a glare friend.

[edit on 11/6/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Pretty sure it's just glinting light. Takes nice video though, that cam of yours. very clear.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

yeah maybe it was just a glare, its just the shape of it that caught my attention seems to be symmetrical on both sides, but i am no pro just got the cam last week and all the accessories today. thanks for the opinions im star happy today

Gonna test out my new Sony IR extender tonight

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by hhcore

yeah maybe it was just a glare, its just the shape of it that caught my attention seems to be symmetrical on both sides, but i am no pro just got the cam last week and all the accessories today. thanks for the opinions im star happy today

did you ever find out what you seen flying overhead that was a large winged creature?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

nope we have set out 3 nights since and have not seen it... but my friends been pretty busy lately and have not got the chance to get out over there before dusk like i want to. So im just on his schedule when hes got time

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

cool just checking.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

yeah i figure thats gonna be the best chance right after dusk since the time i seen it was right after dark and the only times we have got out is after 8pm

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

At 1:28, there are patterns of "dots" that are then pretty much replicated later on at 1:35...... that seems dustlike to me.

However, I went back through your video, doing a quick start/stop. At 1:31, there is a faint shape to the left of your "object". At 1:32, that shape moves to the right, and at 1:34 that faint shape gets brighter and becomes your object. I find that very interesting.

I no longer think your object is dust. Review that in the same way I did. The object seems to be faint at first, and then "swoops" down and to the right, seems to get brighter.

Thanks for sharing this
interesting

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

thanks for pointing that out i'll look at it again, i can put the original file up somewhere for upload if that would help analysis of it

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

My opinion is that what you have is lens flare based on the following: there is a documentary that hasn't been shown in a while but it had the following explanation for a similar effect to yours. The documentary was about certain optical effects. An engineer or technician held the shutter from either a still digicam or camcorder. He explained and showed that when the shutter opens an image similar to yours can be seen and sure enough he manually opened and closed the shutter showing the diamond effect from opening to full open that will appear at certain angles to the sun.

The above was shown in comparison to the actual effect recorded on a photo or footage.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

is this what you were talking about?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by InfiniteOmnipresence

yeah i cant tell but definitely weird though especially the shape got me confused

Actually the diamond shape is quite typical and demonstrates the shape of the aperture of some cameras.

See the diamond shape at smaller aperture openings? Out of focus objects and glare can take the shape of the aperture like that.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

hmm if it was caused by this that may be the case do you have a article from where the picture came from? that way if so i can get familiar with this

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Looks interesting, If it's a glare I don't know why it doesn't move with the camera, or I don't know enough about cameras.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Arbitrageur

hmm if it was caused by this that may be the case do you have a article from where the picture came from? that way if so i can get familiar with this

I found that doing a search through Google images. But the first time I saw a photo like that was on ATS, this is a different photo that actually has a shape closer to the diamond in the OP, but same concept:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Here is a set of aperture control shutters from one of my video cameras. It is one set that I have taken several photos of in different opening positions.
Enjoy.

That's from this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... which might be helpful in your research.

You can find more examples and explanations by typing this in your google search:

diamond aperture site:www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll find all kinds of links on ATS about it. Here is one example I found:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
Here a a small collection of Diamond shaped UFO's (or camera artifacts) captured all over the world, by people... (making the same mistakes?)

Interesting topic, surely all of theses cannot be due to apertures...there far too many....but MOST are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join