It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many more?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Why is there always someone who waits for a tragedy such as this to push a corrupt political agenda?

For those who don't know why Americans believe in the Second Amendment, no amount of words will make a difference in their opinions.

What we do know about people who do such things is that they lack a sense of respect for the suffering of others and the decency to express their opinions at the appropriate times in cogent, rational terms.

They are opportunists who appeal to emotions rather than intellect.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2009/11/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
you are delusional if you think a piece of metal will save you from the technology of the wicked in the year 2009.
i would say that you are right, if it was 1800.....
they have so many more effective ways to take your ass out. waht good will a gun do against an energy beam, or a bioweapon?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
anyway and your peni.....er guns wont do any good.

I'm sorry, but, this line sums up your entire worthless post. Great trolling bait though.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Some of us arguing against guns are not calling for 'gun control', let's not start getting all black and white and assuming each others views.

What I want is a change in peoples outdated and delusional attitude toward violence and the use of it to solve problems.

Just putting a ban on things we don't like is not the answer, America needs to learn to come together as a community instead of a bunch of individuals who think they're islands where other people are either a threat or an asset.

We need to learn to cooperate instead of compete with each other. Ignore the media, it keeps us in a state of hysteria expecting terrorists, gang-bangers, criminals, etc., to appear around every corner. Your life is more at risk driving your car, but I don't see too many people putting the car away.

It's not just about guns, it's about the prevalent attitude of violence that has infested society, because we don't take care of our communities. Arming yourself instead of fixing the root of the problem is the lazy way of doing things, and it WILL come back and bite you hard. History proves this.

Violence and such things were generally kept away from children in the past, but now they are exposed to, and entertained, by it their whole lives. It IS having an effect on society as it becomes more immune to violence and kids shooting up a school, or gang raping a fifteen year old, becomes common place.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

In an ideal world your argument might be relevant, but here on earth we have to deal with reality. Man has, is, and will always, be a creature of conflict. There will always be a need for man to develop ways to protect himself from those who seek to harm or intimidate him with force.

The real question here is what right do you have to decide if I can own a gun regardless of the lack of evidence that I would not use it in a safe and reasoned way?
using the same template I could make the argument that I have a right to deny you the right to vote in the next election simple because you might abuse that right by not voting correctly or selling your vote or voting on something I think will harm me. voting should be left to those that have had training in government or work in government, I mean uniformed or reckless voters can lead a nation down a road that is harmful to millions of other people. People could die if you use a vote wrong. cons and felons could steal your vote and use it for evil means.(I think I can come up with a good deal of evidence to support this premise in the election of this administration alone)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Yes I agree, but I can also see how the system, as it is, perpetuates and hypes those natural tendencies for conflict.

Once again it comes back to the use of the media to maintain an atmosphere of aggression, real or perceived within society. We are kept almost constantly in a fight or flight mental state by the bombardment of supposed dangers from everyone but yourself (and they really don't even stop there).

We live in an artificial state of being, a perversion of our nature. The aggression in society is not necessary in this day and age for our survival, so naturally we should not need to be aggressive. Why do we need to be aggressive when all we have to do is go to the grocery store? We should not be in a survival mental state, we should be loving and living the life we have been given. We are wasting our potential and energy on illusionary bogey men.

'The state' benefits from this, to justify the mass amount of our energy going to nothing but insurance against a perceived threat they have to keep creating new and bigger threats. There has to be an 'enemy' for them to protect us from. But then the real twist is the resources they justify by the perceived threats are not even used to reduce that perceived threat, they are used to exploit and control you and me.

Buying into the gun culture is just perpetuating the control they have over us. Fear and violence are their weapons of control. Scared rabbits who need protecting, and will except almost any restrictions of freedom to feel protected. And from WHAT? There is more chance you'll die from breathing than die from the hands of another person.

The media has destroyed our perspective. There is no reality anymore.

BTW I have not said ANYTHING about taking your precious gun away, re-read my last post. If the attitude of society was not so perverted you wouldn't even think about guns, there ARE other interesting things to do with your life than get all pissed over a piece of cast metal that shoots a projectile. I stopped being impressed by that before I left high school. Go learn to play an instrument or something? Or is that too hard? Happiness is a warm gun....

[edit on 11/7/2009 by ANOK]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My wife is from Bosnia

When Yugosolvia disbanded Bosnia did not grab a sare of the weapons because they said "we will not need them we will be a peaceful country"

A few years later Serbia invaded because they did grab all the weapons. My wife and many of their friends started the war with knifes and shotguns against tanks and machine guns.

i think i will keep my guns

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dismanrc

Yes the reactionary, one who does nothing but perpetuate the given situation.

Let's all help spread the violence inherent in the system...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join