It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death & Survival...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hello all,

This thread will pose a question that was inspired from something I recently heard on the news. There was an article explaining how comedy was used by the fighter pilots of WW2 to overcome the fact that many of their fellow air-men had died in battle.

This got me thinking, we all like to believe we are prepared with our BOB's/EDC'c/escape routes etc

But what would happen if your plan went perfect until one of the loved ones in your party suddenly died/got killed?

Imagine if you and your family were using your pre-prepared kit and following your route when suddenly your wife was hit by a stray shot or one of your children fell and drowned.

I realise this is obviously a sobering thought but can anyone actually imagine what would happen if this occured?

Would your survival plan still work or would the pain of losing a love one affect your survival?

Thoughts...?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
well, honestly It would be hard if my wife died, as i have an almost 2 year old son. I would make every effort to survive with him, and I do have help in that task. On the other hand if something happened to him, as in he was shot or killed by someone...I would die avenging his death. same for my daughter who is 18 now, but I feel they need me much more than my wife. hard to say what would really happen, but thats how I feel at this moment, when asked that question.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very valid question you pose, Death Kron. You might not get as many responses as this thread deserves, as it's an issue that many probably don't wish to ponder.

For me, if my darlin' and I were bugging out or worse yet, hitting the bush fast and hard because we were being hunted, I'm afraid I'd have to say that if she were suddenly killed, my only motivation to stay alive at that point would be sheer, raw, violent and utter retribution.

The two of us have talked about stuff like this in the past. One thing we came to terms with a long time ago -- more than 15 years ago -- is that neither of us want to travel without the other. If there is a major hurricane heading here, we would NEVER choose to evacuate to the U.S. or anywhere else. We've chosen to make our stand here, together, come what may. Noplace sensible to run to anyway.

So. If it's a natural disaster and one of us is killed, that means we moved too late, and the other would likely stay alive at least long enough to settle our affairs, and per a previous pact, take some time to grieve, that is to not knee-jerk into joining the other. We don't have kids, so our attachments are primarily to each other.

If it were an unnatural disaster, the only thing either survivor would be able to focus on would be old-fashioned vengence. My Bride is not without skills either. I wouldn't want to mess with her.
We both realize that vengence solves nothing. Still, it would be the only light I'd be able to see through that constricted, red, wet tunnel.

Good food for thought. I think this kind of thinking is necessary, albeit somewhat uncomfortable. It falls (for me) under the heading of planning for the unknown BEFORE the event is upon you; it doesn't imply that you will always follow your plan, but as we've both seen from our written hurricane response plan, it's easier to deviate from a plan out of necessity of a changing situation, than it is to come up with a plan at the last moment. The ol' hurricane response plan keeps us from forgetting vital items also, like notifying the two people in our communications tree, should we choose to go to the cave.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Jeez, I really don't know what I would do if my wife died. Let's say it happened in the immediate future: since we are trying for a child right now (wish us luck
), I would PHYSICALLY be able to survive on my own, but mentally may be a different story. Since I have Borderline Antisocial Personally Disorder, my emotional state shouldn't be affected at all, but she helps keep me in a right frame of mind and not give in to my sociopathic behavior patterns. This is something that I didn't really give too much thought to, even though I am a bit of a survival nut! Thanks for the insight!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have 3 reasons to survive, my wife and 2 kids. If my wife were to pass, I would be upset but would have to keep pushing myself for the kids. If 1 of my kids were to pass I would have to keep pushing but would feel like a total failure. As a farther i am here to teach and provide protection. If my child passed I would blame myself. I would keep fighting because i still have some motivation but my mind would keep me from making rational decsions due to depression and guilt. i believe I would want to give up but push myself for the 2 surviving family members.

new topics

top topics

join