It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Tested Advanced Nuclear Warhead - Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Iran Tested Advanced Nuclear Warhead - Report

www.nytimes.com

LONDON (Reuters) - The U.N. nuclear watchdog has asked Iran to explain evidence suggesting the Islamic Republic's scientists have experimented with an advanced nuclear warhead design, the Guardian reported in its Friday edition.

The newspaper, citing what it describes as "previously unpublished documentation" from an International Atomic Energy Agency compiled dossier, said Iranian scientists may have tested high-explosive components of a "two-point implosion" device.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I did a search and received an error each time I searched , if this has been already posted please defer to the original posted thread .

I am not sure what to make of this report , they seem to say that Iran has "experimented with an advanced nuclear warhead design " . The purpose being , to make a smaller warhead capable of mounting the warhead on a missile . However the article goes on to say , "U.N. inspectors found "nothing to be worried about" in a first look at a previously secret uranium enrichment site in Iran last month, IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei said in remarks released on Thursday. "

Which is it ? Either way this will only be more fuel to the fire and will add to the calls for an attack on Iran

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Very misleading article headline. They tested a "warhead design" not a warhead.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Very misleading article headline. They tested a "warhead design" not a warhead.

how is that very misleading?

they have the stuff to put between the gaps. this makes sure it goes boom.

they might as well have done the real thing, because it means the same thing.

this is sad. maybe this is why obama didnt jump up and criticize the elections.

they needed ahmadinejad to make this for ww3.

too bad for the people there, and too bad for the world now.

crap.

edit: if you search for that headline, it clearly shows op didnt make that up on his own. its EVERYWHERE exactly like that.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just how does one test a "warhead design" ?

Does this " two point " weapon design indicate some different type of R&D program ? If so what does this mean ?

Is this simply hype adding to the calls for an attack ? Or does this imply that Iran is much further along in there development then has been thought ?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Just how does one test a "warhead design" ?

Does this " two point " weapon design indicate some different type of R&D program ? If so what does this mean ?

Is this simply hype adding to the calls for an attack ? Or does this imply that Iran is much further along in there development then has been thought ?

i guess they could be looking for a new way to get the cheese on cheezits?

that would be the best way ever IMO

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The article also mentions something possibly very interesting , " The Guardian report said that even the existence of two-point implosion nuclear warhead technology is officially secret in both the United States and Britain. "

Could the west be in some way making this info available to Iran through 3rd parties as a way of creating a justifiable excuse to attack Iran ?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I found another , earlier posted thread already started on this topic here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please make all further posts there

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

2 point hollow pit `technology` was first designed in WW2 - so its nothing new

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Israel gonna make em go BOOM

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Basically, there are reports that they tested some type of high explosive used in such "warhead designs". Whether or not they actually possess the "design" or not is unknown. Its just another media-hyped event, designed to foment the dogs of war.

This week over 1500 US soldiers, including high ranking generals, arrived in Israel for another set of war games, to prepare for the upcoming Israeli attack on Iran.The storm cloulds are brewing, and if I were a betting man, I would place a solid bet that we will see an Israel-US-Iran conflict within the next 6 months.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Exactly. They didnt test a nuvlear warhead, the tested a design of the high explosives that are needed. If they tested a "warhead" the world would know.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra
Israel gonna make em go BOOM

After that Israel will go BOOM

new topics

top topics

join