It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Shot In Downtown Orlando Office Building

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
There is one connection to yesterdays shooting... Nobody is looking at Martial Law being declared in the Ukraine.

It's like a big magic show where we're all looking at the right hand and nobody is watching what the left hand is doing.

Agreed, absolutely spot on there mate.

But it's not just that, there was also the demonstration in Washington and this weekends G20 meeting in Scotland, apparently only 5 protestors turned up today. I'm sure there are other things going on that with the left hand while these right hand shootings keep our attention.

And of course this all helps with the NWO's aim of disarming the US citizens.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
It's not terrorism folks, even if he is of Muslim religion and shots "allah ackbar"..

Remember this.

See my friend that is where you are WRONG - totally WRONG!!!

That is exactly what DOES make it terrorism.

Why does it not in your mind, may I ask?

Dorian Soran
because the police always say he was just a nutcase muslim and not a terrorist..dont want to scare the sheepeople....

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dam not again. I am now 62 years of age and have for the last several years witness destruction that has become insane insanity. Very common in humanities history here on this planet. This time is different and the suffering has just begun. What you are seeing now is "NOTHING" compared to what is just around the corner.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
im really surprised to see a lot of you surprised of this. shootings like this are happening multiple times a day and will only seize to exist when human consciousness transpires to a higher degree. some of us have the courage and belief structure to stop these incidences, some promote, and many sit back quietly and watch them take place. topics like this do not surprise me.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenblaz
On the note of gun control and the general population... My coworker just came back to her desk (right next to mine). I mentioned this shooting as we try to keep each other up to date on Breaking News. The first words out of her month "I know you have guns... but control is needed"

JT

PS I am an avid deer hunter

Just tell her that a steady hand is all the control you need. You may also want to let her in on the joke, "I miss my ex-wife......but my aim is getting better every day!!" S&F for you!!! And the OP.

FACTS ABOUT GUN CONTROL

In 1918, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1918 to 1953, about 30 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

——————————

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

——————————

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews, Catholics and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

——————————

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

——————————

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

——————————

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

——————————

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated’ people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

—————————–

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:
56 million. (that number is an estimate, the actual number is probably higher)

——————————

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 30.
2 percent!

Australia-wide, assaults are up 88.
6 percent!

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.
Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals are now guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won’t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it’s too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are ‘citizens’. Without them, we are ’subjects’.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him ‘Why do you carry a 45?’ The Ranger responded, ‘Because they don’t make a 46.’

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. ‘Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?’ ‘No Ma’am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.’

8. Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there’s more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said ‘Well I certainly hope it isn’t loaded!’ To which I said, ‘Of course it is loaded, can’t work without bullets!’ She then asked, ‘Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?’ My reply was, ‘No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.’

To which I’ll add, having a gun in the house that isn’t loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.

I’m a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!

The 2nd Amendment isn’t about hunting Bambi, it’s about keeping government from hunting us.

My biggest question IS, where are the bodies? It is so sad that innocent people are killed because of an idiot who can't control him/herself, if the stories are true, we don't know, we aren't there on the scene. Much of it is blown way out of proportion for the effect. Remember the MSM are in on it and if they can dramatize it for the greatest effect, it certainly will happen and not by chance. The greater the numbers dead or wounded the greater the effect. This is going to be happening frequently I believe.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just for a comparison in France it s quite different even if people are still dying.

23 people commited suicide on their workplace at FranceTelecom durin 2008.
And its still growing up this year. And we begin to hear it from other companies too.

So we dont have guns, but you can always find a way. A lot of crazy stuff is happening, people are trapped in their little mindbox. Either they break it or they will suffocate in it.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Fedge]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
REALLY people? Terrorism????

It's kinda funny how all of you react to this. Seriously, there are shootings almost EVERYDAY in this damn country! Just because there was a soldier shooting and now some angry mexican in MSM, you people go nuts!

It's just been awhile since it's grabbed your attention, thats' all. It's the same blip of outrage you had in the 90s with school shootings, the 80s with gangs, the crazy vietnam soldiers, etc.

Funny things is, back then you would NEVER have used the word "terrorism". That's a 21st century thing. Back then the magic word was "videogames!" and before that "music!"

I don't think these people WANT to instill fear onto others, just to be "terrorists". You give them that title b/c they make you terrified. Justifiable, but way off target i think. It's so easy to blame some ideology instead of their surrounding community. People crack because of other people.

I think the most logical explanation is that these shooters have been stepped on by those around them for so long (fact: world is filled with douches), that they decided to put a bullet in that cocky all-american head. Can't say it hasnt crossed my mind either... of course I've never reached that breaking point.

Wasnt that soldier a muslim, who kept getting bashed on by the other soldiers? I read that on some MSM site. CMON PEOPLE CONNECT THE DOTS FOR ONCE!!!

eh, ats community is letting me down...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55
im really surprised to see a lot of you surprised of this. shootings like this are happening multiple times a day and will only seize to exist when human consciousness transpires to a higher degree. some of us have the courage and belief structure to stop these incidences, some promote, and many sit back quietly and watch them take place. topics like this do not surprise me.

Surprising... and sad.

I'm starting to think that alot of these folks on ats are the same fools who go to rallys just to make a racist poster.

totally misplaced anger...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Celente said it best,"When people have nothing left to lose, they lose it".

This is just a warm up for the main event. I had my wife watch a movie with me that I saw originally back in '79 called the Tin Drum. The storyline was pretty much centered around Germans going mad in the run up to and during WWII. Mass hysteria and mass psychosis- it was life in Dante's hell.

This is just an inkling of things to come. If you want someone to blame just look at Wall Street and those bought and paid for rats in Congress. Rapacious greed is at the root of every problem I see- one way or the other.

America's been raped and America is mad. We're fast approaching the point where a single spark in just the right place and the country's going to unravel like a cheap suit. When it blows I wouldn't want to be a banker, a cop, a CEO or, for that matter, anyone who appears to have had a hand in the rape or anyone trying to protect the aforementioned.

Good luck Mr. CEO and the same for your lackeys.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

It's not terrorism folks, even if he is of Muslim religion and shots "allah ackbar"..

Remember this.

See my friend that is where you are WRONG - totally WRONG!!!

That is exactly what DOES make it terrorism.

Why does it not in your mind, may I ask?

Dorian Soran

It doesn't make me afraid. They are not terrorizing me. There for it's not terrorism.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Remember this.

It's terrorism whether intentional or not. Now, it's not organized terrorism, but it's still terrorism.

If you want to get technical, almost any violent crime can be categorized as 'terrorism.'

Striking intentional fear into the heart of people is terrorism if you want to get right down to it.

I would agree with your post.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Manwin]

MBF

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We always hear about some nutcase going on a shooting rampage and killing X number of people. After a few days we don't hear anything else about it. The truth is that some thing set these people off. For some reason they have been dealt a grave injustice. I'm sure they intend to just get the person that did them wrong, but I'm sure that there also innocent bystanders that get hit also. Why don't we ever hear the entire story. These people are labeled terrorist or crazy, but are they?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
What is wrong with this world. What cause people to commit random acts of violence. I am amazed that someone who think to do something like this. I am not sure if this is terrorism. But for those who think any violent act is terrorism is wrong. Terrorism is attacks that have the purpose. I am not sure that his goal was instill terror. He could just be upset he didn't get a loan, or that his girlfriend was in there and she cheated on him and drove him nuts. It is only terrorism if it's sole intent is to just instill fear. We have to be careful with the labels.

How do you know it is random act?

There are many suicides and no one reports them. That is also not random, although some might wish it were. Even emotional reactions like jealousy are programmed by society and are not entirely random. They are predictable.

And in this context goes the mass rape from couple a weeks ago - also not random, more like systemic.

And people who would like to change this can't because they don't even know the cause of such reactive behavior. It is a taboo. So it will go on...

And the guy who killed 11 girls... nobody cared about...

Systemic, not random.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Guns are bad OK. Anything to do with guns is bad OK. At least thats their angle. They are coming my friends. They have been coming for quite some time now. But its alright because your prepared right?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Dont mean to be cruel but all this stuff in my opinion are natural responses to a very unnatural world. The way we all go to work, our belief systems, our frustrations, unjustice, the same old day in and day out of nothingness. Even the billionaires get fed up and bored with it all so they do other things that are somewhat creepy just to escape.

Some just snap harder. Who knows....with the way the earth and people are falling apart..who knows what will happen in the coming years or months.

Today I had an older lady around age 78 gesture for me to back up from her bumper in 5 o clock traffic. I drive a van so I would be a fair distance to see her bumper. She kept gesturing like the real feisty grumpy one. So she put her car in reverse and begin backing towards me to get her message accross gesturing, shaking her blue hair in a tizzy, and throwing her arms around.

This was a 78 yr old lady folks.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is really bugging me, so I have to say it.

Terrorism is caused by, in most cases, the MSN. The MSN outlets are the true terrorists.

I'm not scared at all of some whack-job walking into a building and shooting the place up. It happens every day across the world. As well, soldiers kill people every day across the world. Soldiers are killed by labeled 'extremists'. Who's the terrorist? MSN for trying to instill terror in me by focusing so strongly on a single event. MSN and propagandists for scaring westerners with the extremist killing our soldiers. MSN for scaring others into thinking our soldiers are out to get them all.

What's the reaction? I get scared and start fearing muslim, while 'easterners' fear our soldiers, and our soldiers fear anything with a sheet on it's head!

I do believe the media outlets to be the true terrorists in most circumstances. And why is everyone clamoring over a guy with a gun vs. a guy who's been killing people for several years? Because MSN makes you more afraid of someone snapping than a murderer/rapist. Personally, I'm more scared of the abduction than some guy going looney with a gun... at least they know you are dead or wounded right away, and you get help... the abductor could leave you in the trunk of an abandoned car, or dead in a ditch, or keep you in some shack in the mountains and rape you or sodomize you repeatedly for years, and all anyone can do is search for you. Wrap your head around that for a second as you ask yourself WHY you are afraid of the gun over the creepy guy. BTW, gun control would only HELP the creepy abductor. Think about it. Defense in general is good. I don't keep a gun around, but I do have H2H weapons, and I know how to use them. They won't do crap against a gun, though. "Eye for an eye leaves the world blind" is something that is universally understood among most gun owners, and people in general... at least until MSN can convince you otherwise.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
People are losing it. Im suprised this isnt happening more with the economy in the shape its in!

I agree. There's nothing insidious or nefarious. It is not a conspiracy. This is a guy who has it rough during "The Great Recession" (gotta love the spin on that title).

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

"Dont mean to be cruel but all this stuff in my opinion are natural responses to a very unnatural world. The way we all go to work, our belief systems, our frustrations, unjustice, the same old day in and day out of nothingness."

-couldn't have said it better myself. wellspoken

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have a very strange feeling that another Civil War will start in the USA soon; but it won't be a racial war - it could start out that way with all the stuff going on these days, but I think it will ultimately lead to a war between the Rich and the Poor - a complete economic battle if you will. No matter which way you look at it, the world's current system of Credit is NOT working - and finally after almost 50 years people are starting to understand this.

The main problem with that is what the hell can anyone do to fix it?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Could this, and the FT Hood shootings, be contrived to enact strictor gun laws? Maybe TPTB set these shootings up, so they could have an emotional reason for some form of gun control? Just a thought, this is a conspiracy site after all.

My condolences to the effected families.

my view is not that there is a conspiracy to commit these acts, but rather, there is a conspiracy to USE any such acts to further gun control laws and inhibit individual freedom and further slavery under the state

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join