It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gene therapy halts 2 boys' rare brain disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

New gene therapy halts 2 boys' rare brain disease

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – French scientists mixed gene therapy and bone marrow transplants in two boys to seemingly halt a brain disease that can kill by adolescence. The surprise ingredient: They disabled the HIV virus so it couldn't cause AIDS, and then used it to carry in the healthy new gene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 11/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am not an expert in medical terms or whatever. But just by reading this, it seems an amazing feat.

This is definitely promising. Now on the conspiracy side, isn't it amazing how and what scientists can create?

That could be the case for HIV & Swine Flu too right? No? Honestly I have not made up my mind.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 11/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Interesting news! I guess if I had a choice of: Death or Gene Therapy using HIV... I would pick the Gene Therapy for sure.

It's amazing that a lot of these break-thus come from France.

I hope the kids are okay...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

You know you are right. I saw a documentary where doctors were using a particular altered flu virus to manipulate the genes of a chicken. It is amazing that they can do this or decide how to do it.

new topics

top topics

join