It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hanoi detects first combinations of dengue fever and swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Vietnam has recorded its first cases of people testing positive for influenza A (H1N1) virus and having dengue fever symptoms at the same time, a Hanoi-based infectious diseases institute said on Wednesday.

News Source

Also at the meeting the Ministry of Health cited the World Health Organization (WHO) to note that Barbados in the Caribbean has recorded seven cases with both dengue fever and swine flu with one death.

A different mix. Gee what's next? Hopefully, not bird flu & swine flu.

What's going to happen next can be quite scary IMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

This makes no sense, Dengue can only be transmitted by infected mosquitoes during the hot season.

The seasonal flu is none existent in hot weathers, the swine flu can survive hot weather, unless a dengue fever carrier mosquito happens to take blood from a swine flu infected person and then in a merry go around infect another human it could be possible to transmit with the blood both swine and dengue, but this could be very rare cases, my mother in the 80s got the new mutate version of dengue the hemorrhagic kind and it was just few people that got infected with that, she got quarantine for over a month.

Now I can imagine a combination of hemorrhagic dengue fever and swine flu all in one, but the cases will be extremely rare.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hanoi is in the north of Vietnam near the Chinese border, it can get chilly up that way. I could actually see this happening in VN.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I live here in Hanoi. Yeah, it can get cold, but cold season usually comes late. For his month, the coldest recorded was 17 degree. But after 2 days, its hot again. During summer, Hanoi is (almost) like a typical tropical country, with very high humidity.

SARS appeared here, then bird flu followed. (Bird flu actually re appeared as fresh new cases have been reported yesterday)

Now with the current H1N1 pandemic, not really sure what would be the outcome for Hanoi.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

But then again, dengue mosquito is not found in cold weathers is a hot weather insect.

While swine flu survive both cold and hot, so if its a new combination that can only be carried by dengue mosquito is will only be during the hot months and it will go away during the cold weather.

Now in southern parts of Florida is been know to be dengue mosquitoes found but just in very rare occasions.

So that means here in the US it could be a combination of swine and dengue together during extreme hot weather.

This is very interesting, also mosquitoes can bite animals too and birds.

Interesting.

BTW I had the dengue fever when I was 14, in PR, is worst than the seasonal flu because it attacks the nervous system while the flu attacks the respiratory system, no a good combination.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by marg6043]

[edit on 6-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am sure Baxter knows how this is possible. They seem to have no problem with bioweapon manufacturing these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You know they did find a cat that had h1n1.... it seems that this strain is really quite virulent.

new topics

top topics

join