It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC shut down by a baguette-eating bird

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You can have two threads on the same subject when one of them is in Breaking Alternative News.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
1. I believe that an intelligence is at work in stopping the LHC though I don't understand how or why it is interfering.

I'm not so sure there. Is some sort of intelligence at play when space shuttle launches are delayed time after time? Maybe this project is just so costly and so important that they are being extra cautious so nothing goes wrong?

2. I think when they start it up in 2012 it will explode creating a super nuclear reaction ripping Europe off into space and cracking the Earths mantle wide open.

Such long odds anything near that will happen.

3. This is all mad science and should be stopped. We are not advanced enough to understand what we are doing.

I can agree that we often don't know what we are doing.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by buddhasystem

You can have two threads on the same subject when one of them is in Breaking Alternative News.

Fine, than let me note what I posted elsewhere: there are documented cases of outages in Geneva area and particular at CERN, which go back decades and were caused by squirrels causing short circuit on some of the outdoor high voltage distribution systems. It was never a sensation or a reason so suspect the involvement of higher intelligence, space aliens or time waves form the future.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Cern already created a mini black hole and they were sucessful. I remember this so they are trying again? I am confused what actually happened the day they turned on the collider?
If it was nothing then why was it such a big deal?
Can mini black holes change time. this post I posted web sites that talk about the cern project? How many times are they going create mini black holes is this dangerous?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hate when posts ened with me as the last one. I am sure the swine flu is bigger news right now. I am really trying to focus on other posts beside the swine flu.
Can anyone help me find the post that talks about the cern creating black holes or was that post just mere speculation. I do remember hearing about it on the mainstream news though.
Anyone else?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So let me see if I have this right. CERN is looking for the Higgs (AKA God) particle. God in the person of Jesus broke bread and said "this is my body". Jesus is commonly symbolized as a dove (bird). A bird possibly acting a vehicle for the future which will cease to exist if the Higgs is found drops a bread crumb (AKA body of Christ) preventing CERN from revealing the God particle and ending time/space.

Is this part of the symmetry principle?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
if this is serious those scientists should be ashamed

they should also all be shot(only after a trial so its official how big they screwed up) for wasting this much money and taking so many stupid risks with something so potentially dangerous

i mean really? bird droppings? birds broke the most expensive and dangerous thing man has tried to do? what the hell?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe the people from the future really are doing this. Go ahead Fire it up see what happens.
But honestly i don't want them to, in fear it might cause a massive disaster.. (i.e Giant Black whole,Atmosphere burns up etc.) I have always had a bad feeling about this thing. Right from when i heard about it.
It just doesn't seem to fit in my mind , i do not believe we should try and know everything, because we are curious. You know that saying " Curiosity is what killed the cat"? Well i have a feeling, if we keep doing these experiments. Of which we don't know the outcome, we will all become victim of the "cats" Mistake.
So ... People from the future. Keep doing what your doing. Until we fully understand what we are messing with

[edit on 6-11-2009 by C0NSP1R1ST]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Take that , you nasty large hadron collider !

I'd say its toast now !..... or a pork[y] pie

[edit on 7-11-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This just keeps on getting sillier.
Think about it:would you even consider building the largest scientific instument on earth WITHOUT multiple redundant back up systems in case of this sort of problem?

Seems crazy that 1 baguette can cause the whole thing to overheat.

Just does not want to fire up does it...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The rainman would have been a great scientist i think.

Definately. Definately a bird, ya.

Very narrow fields of genius tho.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61bea71f8bfb.jpg[/atsimg]

Old joke, I know, but I hada do it!

[edit on 8-11-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I love it!

What better time to have such an odd series of unfortunate events occur than during the beginning stages of perhaps the most controversial Science Experiment since the First Atomic Bomb tests!

Yeah!

The people who feel that this is the end of the world as we know it have even more ammunition to shout from the rooftops with.

Personally I can't wait for them to fire it up, regardless the outcome.

Time to get some hawks out on patrol at CERN. No more pidgeons dropping breadcrumbs on the conductors!

Seriously though, I can see how this could cause a problem. I'm actually surprised that a bird would stop on one of those things for a bite, but I'm sure that such a thing could trigger big problems considering the unGODLY amounts of voltage they are playing with there.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Okay was it just me or were you not Surprised???
I don't think that it is a huge waste of money. We must progress in heaps and bounds in science or how can we progress? Should we rely on String Theory which is hugely based on Pure Mathematics...
I think it is a bigger waste of money spending so much on building huge militaries. This I refer to global militaries as a whole.

Stupid LHC start up already!

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Key2life]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
1. I believe that an intelligence is at work in stopping the LHC though I don't understand how or why it is interfering.

2. I think when they start it up in 2012 it will explode creating a super nuclear reaction ripping Europe off into space and cracking the Earths mantle wide open.

3. This is all mad science and should be stopped. We are not advanced enough to understand what we are doing.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Fromabove]

Research... Please www.longbets.org... It pretty much explains the Debate.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0NSP1R1ST
Maybe the people from the future really are doing this. Go ahead Fire it up see what happens.
But honestly i don't want them to, in fear it might cause a massive disaster.. (i.e Giant Black whole,Atmosphere burns up etc.) I have always had a bad feeling about this thing. Right from when i heard about it.
It just doesn't seem to fit in my mind , i do not believe we should try and know everything, because we are curious. You know that saying " Curiosity is what killed the cat"? Well i have a feeling, if we keep doing these experiments. Of which we don't know the outcome, we will all become victim of the "cats" Mistake.
So ... People from the future. Keep doing what your doing. Until we fully understand what we are messing with

[edit on 6-11-2009 by C0NSP1R1ST]

You presented a Paradox there. How can "people from the future" stop us tampering with something we don't understand? And for that matter, Einstein himself said Traveling back in time is impossible, or nearly impossible(one or the other, not sure). If the Hadrian collider did wipe out humanity, how could they tell us, and if it didn't and only severely ruined humanity.. again how could they tell us.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxzor

Traveling back in time is theoretically possible but not feasible with current technology. In fact it isn't likely in the foreseeable future. Lets hope now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join