It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC shut down by a baguette-eating bird

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

LHC shut down by a baguette-eating bird

www.techradar.com

The much-delayed launch of the Large Hadron Collider has been hit with problems again after a bird dropped a baguette into the system causing it to overheat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
it seems that the LHC has hit yet another problem. i wonder what will happen next?

maby a leprecon will drop a spanner in the works, to stop them finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, who knows

i realy hope they get it started soon

please remove if this has been posted already

www.techradar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Wow those guys from the future are sure making a mess of things!

It must be Pinky and the Brain trying to sabotage the LHC from the future, there's no one else who could be more inept...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's an echo of the future space time continuum upsetting the earth's magnetic poles and disorienting the bird.

obviously

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
It's an echo of the future space time continuum upsetting the earth's magnetic poles and disorienting the bird.

obviously

They must have activated the flux capacitor!

Now on a more serious note, your telling me they left part of the system exposed to where even a bird can mess it up? For something so specific and detailed, you would think the system would need to be completely isolated.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is bs how can a bird interfer in such a way lol @ A piece of bread buying more time.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It almost seems as if another force (one much higher than mankind) is not ready for man to do this yet.

Maybe it is a sign that when they do get this thing to work the end is near.

Raist

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How the hell did a bird get down there anyway. Isn't the LHC almost 300 feet underground?

Sounds odd.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This all sounds perfectly reasonable. The collider is only 100 meters underground so it seems probable that a hungry pigeon would find some lunch on terra firma and then take one of the lab elevators down to the worlds most useless/costly experiment, where it could find a quiet place to enjoy lunch.... I mean c'mon now they are really coming up with some fantastic stories

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ahhahhahaa

its the guys frm the future off course

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The official reason the LHC malfunctioned during tests earlier this week was that it was caused by "a bit of baguette on the busbars" – apparently dropped by a hungry bird.

Busbar

A busbar (sometimes pronounced "buzzbars") in electrical power distribution refers to thick strips of copper or aluminium that conduct electricity within a switchboard, distribution board, substation, or other electrical apparatus.

CERN busbars above ground:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Maybe it is a sign that when they do get this thing to work the end is near.

The "end" seems a little bit too harsh to me. Better than that, I'd like to see this experiment result in temporal causality loop, where all of us on Earth end up repeating the last 5 minutes of our lives over and over and over and over again, forever. I just hope I'm not in the gym on the treadmill when that happens, ha.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
you know...this sounds like one of those "dude,where's my car"? movie scripts...1guy..."dude, a bird dropped a dinner roll on my stuff and now it won't work"....2guy..."but, dude, weren't you suppose to cover it?".....1guy..."yeah, i guess, but dude, i was inside working on my stuff"....2guy..."look dude, think outside the box, man"...1guy..."yeah dude, your so right on, dude"...2guy..."yeah man, you gotta keep it real dude"

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Not to get into a religious belief debate but I would rather just move on to the afterlife myself.

There are a few moments in life that would be great to relive a few times but I would rather move on in the end.

Raist

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
seems like some force doesn't want us to have mini black holes all over the place.

mini black holes don't last long, sure but can a black hole eat another black hole and grow?

do mini black holes emit hawking radiation?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It seems those little pesky Bosons from the future have cunningly disguised themselves as a baguette in order to prevent their discovery. It must be cool being able to turn yourself into anything!

What will their next dastardly plan entail?

IRM

[edit on 6/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
seems like some force doesn't want us to have mini black holes all over the place.

mini black holes don't last long, sure but can a black hole eat another black hole and grow?

do mini black holes emit hawking radiation?

think of a black hole being like the water in a whirlpool, if the whirlpool is not fed enough water (mass in the case of a black hole), it will cease to be a whirlpool. maybe that is what dark matter is, a whirlpool that ran out of water to feed into it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Excuses again.

They just have to admit that they wasted Billions of Dollars.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
1. I believe that an intelligence is at work in stopping the LHC though I don't understand how or why it is interfering.

2. I think when they start it up in 2012 it will explode creating a super nuclear reaction ripping Europe off into space and cracking the Earths mantle wide open.

3. This is all mad science and should be stopped. We are not advanced enough to understand what we are doing.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Mods, it's a duplicate thread to this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please merge or whatever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join