It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has a RIGHT to the work of others?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens
Actually no that's not all there is. The constitutional republic is meant to protect those in the minority of any issue against the forced will of the majority. That's the difference, and the founders were smart enough to know that.

And what measures are taken to protect those in minority?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There is no "right" that is mentioned in the constitution that gives you the "right" to work for someone else or live off of the taxes of others. The general welfare clause has been expanded in the past years, but not all of it has been bad. Its really just the politicians that make it so people can live off of the governments teet forever.

Take welfare for example. In essence, its not that bad of an idea. I dont mind helping out single moms who have lost their husbands or husbands that have run out on them. Its not always easy to raise children and have a full time job, especially one that doesnt pay much. The problem that I have is that the politicians have made the rules so lax that they can be taken advantage of very easily and it doesnt give someone in that situation a reason to get themselves out of that situation. It creates a "bailout" situation in essence. What is the motivation for soemone that is in that situation to move up if the government makes it so easy to just continue on how they are living?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Taxes are used to pay for those subsidies, roads, schools, programs that do not turn out a profit but help society, HUGE costing programs that benefit all of man kind but need the funding (NASA for example), law enforcement, salaries for MANY people in all of those fields.

I want to hit more on the war issue.

CURRENTLY, it is obvious we are in war because the opposition is an easy target (type of government and such), along with the real reason of natural resources.

The price we pay for "energy" is far more than you would think...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
NOBODY has the right to enslave another. Never the less, the world is full of monsters and wannabe slave masters that would just love to put a noose around all our necks.

Everyone should understand that "it's not a RIGHT if it enslaves another to fulfill that RIGHT for you." Health care is not a right. A job is not a right. Yet, there are people out there demanding others CREATE these RIGHTS for them, and of course the only way to comply would be to enslave others to fulfill those demanding (so-called) RIGHTS.

Blame all this on the way you elect your (so-called) leeeeeeeaders. Your politicians offer bribes to the corruptible voters in order to get elected, and this is shameful. "I will promise you free and/or cheap health care, by enslaving the few to pay for and satisfy the many, if you vote for me."

Don't blame just your leeeeaders, blame those that voted for and put those slave masters in charge, the leeeeaders are simply complying with the demands of those that put them in power. Humanity is corrupted as hell, from the bottom all the way to the top.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Great reply. What is becoming more and more obvious to me is how general welfare programs seem to benefit the corporations first and the people second. I think it is bad business for tax dollars to be used with for profit organizations. I was looking at the speeches on the health care bill and one thing caught my eye. There was two points they kept making:

1.) Everyone will have coverage.
2.) Healthcare costs will become more affordable.

What? So I have to buy a health care insurance program that I then have to pay for my health care costs? This is no better than health care insurance we currently have. It seems like they could have made this bill in one line.

(Start Bill) ALL PEOPLE MUST BUY HEALTH CARE INSURANCE COVERAGE. (End Bill).

It's clear the purpose of this bill is to make sure insurance companies and hospitals continue to make profits. This bill is nothing but a bailout for Hospitals Profitability.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What if the health care bill was just another way to create a new economy ? Really it seems obvious to me , The funding of an entire new program would allow the government to pour their printed money into the economy ! If you have been paying attention you can see that its all smoke and mirrors now !
The U.S. economy is being pushed and pulled in every direction to keep your eye off the ball. Most people get stuck with their principles "keeping the faith"
While the change is " harvesting" them like a crop. And what will be left ? The "change" they told you was coming ! Hey don't worry ! we can get you "re-set"!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trueset

You are right...this health care is a fix to a dying insurance industry and sagging hospital profits. It is another prop up by the government to stop layoffs of medical professionals. While that may be in all of our interests, it certainly doesn't stop the greedy profiteers from doing it again in another few years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join