It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Beginning there was One Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Im not sure that theres one God. Although the referrence that was given was a story from the Christian bible. It would only be appropriate to reference from the same book.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

So how do you suppose they knew the origins of God? Do you think God once was different, more reachable, explaining to man the way?

No one knows the orgins of God, and Im sure no one ever will. to your second question, Yes, I do. Going of the Christian bible it explains that there was very little Sin on earth at that time, making it easier to have contact with man. I was going to add biblical references but its too long. Though Im not sure on the "showing mankind the ropes" Im sure he did give them basic instructions on how to do things.

I think it makes more sense that if we are having to find and discover our way now then its likely always been this way, never having a for sure 100% knowing. What sense would it make for people to fall from God purposely? If you KNOW its God and you KNOW its your maker, who would fall away from this?

Ofcourse discovery was also part of the learning process that had benefitted man, if God had handed them everything they needed they would have become depended on him, Thus lacking knowledge and understanding of how things work or how to accomplish simple everyday tasks. Easy, mankind are logical thinkers, even back then they needed proof. As God slowly lost contact with man(due to sin) the Devil gained more influence over them. Since him being a physical being(Serpent) and also being able to work miracles, its only natural to assume that he was God on earth.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine

Though I find your post very interesting, I disagree with you on two areas. The fall of Adam was an important part to Gods plan for slavation. If Adam hadnt fallen then he would have remained in the Garden forever without offspring. This would then make Christ and his actions(if they ever took place) void.

I trust this has not been covered already by others, since I am just now following up on what ended on Page 1, and have not been through the coming pages yet

The Fall, of Adam and Eve was a direct result of what seperated us from the balance of creation/recreation. FREE WILL. It was also the means for which the "FALLEN" of divine origins stumbled as expressed within Chapter 6 of Genesis as well as other Books included within and omitted from the Canonized "BIBLE".

The Fall, or that choice made by FREE WILL by Eve and Adam, was not something expected or awaited. Yes it occured, and the result of this was Death, as harsh as this may sound. It has been noted previously, but it shouldn't be overlooked. The Wages of Sin is Death.

I also noted someone attempted previously to explain this Offspring aspect, and maybe it was overlooked or misunderstood.

6th Day man, (The Spieces) was instructed to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.

Despite this not being an expressed instruction to both Adam (The Gardener) and Eve, that would be expected nonetheless, based on my previous post. They were following the Sacraficial Rites and obeying the Holy Periods, without being told to do so by GOD already, so I would also believe, they would have a full understanding of other edicts/instructions made upon man by God.

As for Gods plan of Salvation, I can not offer anything other than speculation right now, and will withhold comment at this time to veiw what others may consider in respects to this. Afterall, was the Devil predestined to make the choice he did? Where the 1/3 who fell with him also expected to make their choice? Hummmmm.

but none the less, Why would God allow the corruption of his worship?

Because GOD is not a dictator. (Maybe a bad example, but I trust the meaning will become clear)

Free Will is a gift given to us. How we use that gift is upto us. It is the choices we make. GOD does not demand worship. Yes he expects it, and there are rewards and blessing that are bestowed upon those who have made the right choices

Noah and his direct family had maintined a pure blood line back to Adam through Seth without the corruption of the Fallen polluting that Bloodline. His reward was life.

Lot and his family were also rewarded with life.

As strange as it may sound, even Job had blessings bestowed upon him for the choices he made. All he lost paled in comparision to what rewards he recieved for his choices in the end.

David is an example of both good and bad choices. The same with Moses. Both secured blessings and were rewarded for thier choices and both made one error in judgement and seem to have had those blessings taken back.

It seems like this is one of the recuring themes ("Biblically Speaking") to be learned from the Old Testament.

Just thought I would offer this for you to consider.

Good discussion though. Looking forward to seeing what the coming pages offer.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
see my posting by 'SEATAKA' in middle of this page:

LINK to Hermes Trismegistus

The Lament (or the apocalypse) by Hermes Trismegistus
translated from Ficino by F.C. Yates
(The Ficino translation is authentic, the guy that did the prior translations popularized in the west took great liberties)
This dates from the time of Zoroaster or perhaps before.
Hermes is also known as Thoth, The High Priest of Egypt.
This was Thoth speaking to his son. This may be (c) from the beginning of Egypt..

"There will come a time when it will be seen that in vain have the Egyptians honoured the divinity with a pious mind and with assiduous service. All their holy worship will become inefficacious. The Gods, leaving the earth will go back to heaven; they will abandon Egypt; this land, once the home of religion, will be widowed of its gods and left destitute. continues at link above

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i agree that in the beginning there was only 1 set of teachings ,but , it was given to all men in every language in their own tongue[language].if you have examined other faiths than the one you were brought up in you would find that the vast majority of it says the same thing ,except that due to the differences between our languages there is a lot that seems different : gilgamesh is actually mosses story.
Christians say- father son holy spirit
east indians say-Buddha Brahma and vashuna the trinity in both.and so on.
so why did we misinterpret it? mans way of trying to explain what was said and what it meant by our standards[mens] even though we did not under stand it .so much is lost in translation and omission and changes throughout history that all that is left is so very little we could never grasp it,. what if it was a warning from our ancestors in very ancient times[FAR PRIOR TO OUR RECOLLECTION OF WHAT WE CALL KNOWN HISTORY] that if we did what we are now doing that we would DESTROY our selves and our WORLD .
2012 -point of change and the beginning of correction .
i think as a species that if we would like to have a future it is time to take a good look at what we are now doing and stop it, turn it around, and correct it .
continue on the chosen path were on and we as a species wont last much longer and no one even our savior or god could help us .we are our own worst enemy as a species as we seem to think that we are god and nothing else matters to us except money,a price on everything's head in this world.
a harsh reality check is -we raped the fish out of the oceans
- we raped the trees off the continents
- we sent species into extinction
-we poison and pollute the water ,air ,seas our
selves and or children with DEADLY toxins daily.
- and so on !
were we all not told that everything was here for a reason and purpose and that we were to take care of it all -it seems -WE FAILED?
WHAT IS BEING DONE TO STOP IT ALL?

NOTHING !
MONEY GREED AND FOOLISH FOLLY REIGN SUPREME ALONG WITH OUR OWN IGNORANCE ,ARROGANCE ,AND MINDLESS STUPIDITY.
only we can save ourselves from this our madness as we seem to believe that there is a savior coming ,not until we begin to learn and help ourselves .
so why is nothing being done ?
ask the money lenders to help ops greed is their pockets and nothing else matters .
ask the corporations ,we have no money it is not our problem ,even though it was us who made this mess.
ASK THE CHURCHES WHO PROCLAIM THAT THEY ARE DOING GODS WORK -maybe they should learn how to read the book properly first instead of changing it at their whim and fancy.then they preach this changed and altered hearsay to us .
ask our governments ops they are to busy giving money to their corporate polluters that they don't have and yet we continue to have to repay it to the BANKS. because the governments tell us it is our debt,[fault] .
ask your great millitaries who waste money on new ways to destroy the enemy -THE ARMAGEDDON -nuclear war .

money
the root of all evil?
looking for Satan -see above list .
and all of us who support him through our tax dollars and belief and MONEY.
SO WHAT IS IT WE ALL RESPECT?

MONEY !!!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

After the first half of your post it seems more like a rant than an opinion, But from what was posted in the first half of your post, I've been looking into the Hindu religion to see what it says about their origins. I'll get back to you on what I find.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The oldest religion is probably homosexuality. The Greeks practiced it, as did the Babylonians. It is a kind of beauty cult, naked people parading around trying to convince themselves that their hairy naked bodies are beautiful. Look what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah. So it was at least that old. Sodom gave its name to sodomy and Gomorrah sounds very much like a sexually transmitted disease. Homosexuality is a religion. You can change a religion like you change your socks. They try to tell you that they can't help it. They were born with it. But it is a cult and a lifestyle. It is a religion.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
my view about the evolved concept of a Trinity:

picrat says:

Christians say- father son holy spirit
east indians say-Buddha Brahma and vashuna
the trinity in both.and so on. so why did we misinterpret it?...

Ghost in the Machine says:

I've been looking into the Hindu religion to see what it says about their origins. I'll get back to you on what I find.

the minds of men took the world around them, and incorporated the idea of Deity intertwined in our lives, thoughts, nature, et al.
One way to bring in the mystery of a god/creator was to invent a 'Trinity' which is merely a twist of the normal cognition we know as the 'Past=Present=Future' rolled into 'One'...

for the unschooled masses the Trinity concept seemed 'Real' and acceptable, ((Past=Father /Present=Son / Future=holy Spirit))

organization, intellect, taming & explaining the natural world, and creating a mystical reality were the forte' of those who developed organized religion....& fashioning for themselves an intellectual sandbox with a lot of good perks for their careers.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Do a google search, read the Sacred Mushroom & the Cross, study the beginnings of creation & you'll find a lot of scholars believe the first introduction to a "god" or thinking of spirituality comes from eating psychoactive plants. Follow the bible (which most western religious folk will be drawn to) and you'll have to admit that it's made up of word of mouth stories from the first people to walk the earth. Who are these people? Research will find it's the Summerians, the first to read, write, plant crops, build, tell creation stories, etc. They will tell you that there were certainly MANY gods in their world. Annunaki-to earth from heaven fell. Also written about in the bible as Elohim. Later disguised as giants (if you can't change the text completely then change the words to fit your agenda..). Sitchin will give us the best understanding of the first people we now have. Who came first: Gilgimesh or Noah? One & the same but Gilgimesh obviously came first so the Old Testament is a knock off! Then the Old Testament is kidnapped by the Christians & to show the world that the Christians are right about everything they added to the Old T to make it their own (sorta like a dog p!ssing on a bush to say keep away it's mine!!) Even if I burn in hell for pointing this out, "god" is many Annunaki that's why the Old Testament "god" was so schizophrenic & jealous of other "gods". Which brings us to modern day "christianity" believe what I tell you with little facts, it's called "faith". Faith is needed in almost ALL religions & ALL congames! Never mind truth, love Jesus or go to hell!
No christian wants to think about magic mushrooms & Annunaki being at the begining of what we now call "GOD". Do your own research, the detractors of Sitchin do nothing but nit pick about the interpretation of a few words but haven't read most of the work. Thinking is free, try thinking for yourself. Do the research, decide for yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join