It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if we had no more wars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am saying end war now.

What would happen?

Surely it would be good? Except for the weapon manufacturers.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

What and kill all the fun?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
We're called animals for a reason......

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

OK, doda, see how much fun it is if you go to war, or if you suffer the after effects of war.

It is OK to laugh, but not about war.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The world as we know it would collapse. Industries and hegemonies would crumble. There would be a collosal shift in wealth and power. A new moral order would be established to retain the hierarchy that humans seem to adore.

Some food for thought. And reading that again, I confess to being quite cynical this morning!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Okay!!!

No more wars equals people getting on, the weapons industry crumbling, the whole thing changing.

We need this right now!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

That was called sarcasm.
Sorry, I just dont see it happening. We are barbaric to the last.
I'm laughing because of the sheer stupidity of it all.
And the thinking we can change any of it.
We can't. It's ingrained within us.
And, we are so very proud of it.
We hang it on the wall of our man cave to gloat over.
It's called human nature.

War is never the answer, only a solution, and a bad one at that.

You may be able to tell, I don't hold out much hope we ever will
progress past these primitive tendancies without serious help.
It's just not in us. We failed as a viable species.
We will eventually destroy ourselves, each other, and our world and
not feel a bit guilty about any of it.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There would be eventually be overpopulation without war. Man has no natural predators that he hasn't figured out how to wipe out first.

There would be no way to resolve disputes once negotiations failed.

The world would eventually fill up with more and more people who thought they deserved more entitlements.

Human genetics would devolve, because poor and uneducated people would continue to have more children they coudn't afford to raise and are for whatever reason incapable of raising.

War is awful, but it is necessary. Even if it were to end for 100s of years eventuallly their would have to be one for resources.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Yes, we are horrible.

And we were made this way.

Some of us can't cope with that. I am one of them.

"Deal with it" - I say to myself, but I just can't.

The human race is mean and horrible, but what becomes of us, who belong to the human race, who are actually compassionate and loving and nurturing?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Well the way I handle it is that I am compassionate and loving and nurturing to my family and friends. But when I go out, I look at it as I am going out in jungle where it is eat or be eaten and it is my job to bring fresh kill back to the cubs.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I hear ya. I really do. It sucks to care.
I am horrified at us. (mankind)

No I'm actually ashamed and embarassed to be human, honestly.
I am sure our kind will be disposed of first.

Eventually the killer types will kill everyone/everything off,
and eventually each other. Inevitably.
The end.

Thanks for your replies!

And thanks for being a kind soul!
We need many more!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I am saying end war now.

What would happen?

Surely it would be good? Except for the weapon manufacturers.

That would probably cause a war to break out.

You know, as funny or as stupid as that may sound it is probably close to the truth.

After all, arent we fighting for peace right now?

Irony?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If war was taken out of the equation, we would become a force to contend with. Hopefully colonizing other planets and doing things never thought humanly possible. Great Question. At least I enjoyed it lol...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
As long as there are humans, and as long as us human’s have greed/envy there will always be war. If we had peace, eventually someone would consider the rest of us wimpy enough to try to overthrow the system through violence. It’s not necessarily a bad thing either. Most of the advancement we enjoy today came from military applications. It also helps us to remain vigilant in the case of external threat to our planet and existence (invasion, asteroid impact, etc).

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

What would happen?

Peace?

For this to happen you have to remove the causes of war first? Greed, power, insanity etc etc..... all of these are part of the human psyche in too many people.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

What would happen if we had no more wars?

The grief would drive Dick Cheney to wheelchair himself off of a cliff-

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I am saying end war now.

What would happen?

They already tried that back in 1928. They called it the Kellogg-Briand Pact, or the General Treaty for the Renunciation of War.

The law is still technically in effect as international treaty, if that tells you anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Oscitate

Okay!!!

No more wars equals people getting on, the weapons industry crumbling, the whole thing changing.

We need this right now!

I do not think its possible for along time, and as long as money rules the system that is in place.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If humanity could do this, We would recieve a gift from above for maturing so much as a entire organism.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Should probably start with getting a baby to stop throwing a fit when another baby has it's rattle or toy car. From there you can work up to schoolyard pushing and name calling.

Solve the issues that raise conflict among everyone under the age of 9. then you can go ahead and work on stopping all out 'war' as generic and ambiguous a notion 'war' is.

When something has an infinite number of possible causes like 'war' does standing around and complaining and wishing is about as far as any 'solution' can ever get.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It is not as easy as you have made it out to be. If you are talking about keeping everything the same except for "wars" then there would be no difference really. Wars are caused by religion, ethnic differences, greed, lust for power, control, ideology. If these things still exist there will always be some negative event that would replace "war" as we know it.

Even though it is hypothetical, can you imagine being able to successfully restrain any country, any militia, any force from making war with someone else? It is just so unrealistic because there is so much division. The only way to avoid that would be to literally establish a One World Government. Even then there would be resisters that would cause massive headaches for those in power.

In theory it is a great idea because most people would love their to be no war. The problem is how do you prevent something that has occurred since recorded history has existed?

<<   2 >>

join