It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube has become new member of MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I use to go to YouTube last year to get info on news. Now when I go their, all I see is Media from sites like TYT. As of this posting, TYT has 5 videos on the top News and Politics, BarackObamaDotcom is #1, RepAlanGrayson #2, AlJazeeraEnglish#3,BangTheNews#4(Obama),idfnadesk#6,News1News#9,etc etc etc.

If you look through the news and politics now, it is all professionally put together videos. I can see the difference from one year to the next. Last year their were people like CSpanJunkie and others that bashed both sides. Now we get the same damn rhetoric we get from TV.

We use to have videos created by actual people, not news websites pushing agendas. Once in a great while someone breaks into the top but is pushed out if it does not push YouTubes agenda.

One thing I have noticed is the views on all of these videos are low. Only in the 5k-10k views. Also, notice that the videos I have mentioned are also converted to other languages and are on the top also.

I do not care if you agree with me, just take a look and tell me if you notice any difference.

Remember the movie where they controlled the internet to prevent the release of the impending apocalypse. I do not think their is an apocalypse, but my God # is changing rapidly.

I myself have quit even going their. It is just complete bull# now.

Let me know what you think.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What would it take to set up a video site that would only allow non-news agency and non-website news from joining? You know real people. Somehow make it set up so that it could not be manipulated like YouTube so obviously is.

Any ideas friends?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well, my news and politics page looks completely different for some reason. On mine Al Jazeera (english) is beaten in both subscriptions and views by the Alex Jone's channel.

I don't doubt that news agencies are promoting their agenda's. They have come to realize the importance of the outlet and wish to capitalize. This has little to do with conspiracy for me, but more to do with the logical extension of corporatism.

The illusion that Youtube is there as a service and not a money making machine was always evident, and this comes as no surprise to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yeah, youtube has changed for the worse. You mentioned Cspanjunkie, I used to watch those sorts of videos all the time now they are removed or overshadowed by fluff or advertising. The Ads are constant on youtube, having to watch a commercial before a 10 minute video tells you who is actually in charge of youtube - the advertisers. They also started taking down any copyrighted stuff that was posted thanks to pressures by Viacom and others, this wouldn't be a problem accept that it gives them an excuse to control content that might be mind expanding if there is even a hint of copyrighted music/video in it. It has become a promotion tool for Mainstream thought rather than an underground bastion for free thought but a discerning user can avoid propaganda and still create thought provoking videos, the difference is those videos don't often get the exposure they deserve...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

you could ignore the news videos you dont like.
that would be so much easier than trying to start your own website.
youtube has its problems and they probably are getting worse and it will be replaced by something less flawed at some point in time.

either that or find another website. starting your own would probably be more hassle than its worth.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It always upsets me when sites that used to be for the people switch over and just become an arm for MSM trash.

Nowhere is this more evident than DIGG. At one time all that site was was tech news but then when it branched out it became awesome i would see amazing stories at the top of Digg on a regular basis then the election came and i watched it change overnight.

Ron Paul was everywhere on that site then literally overnight he was wiped off the site just gone and Obama was evertywhere and now essentially the site is just a leftist blog. Every so often something gets through of worth but not much. They just worship democrats over there and hate republicans when we all know both parties are bought and paid for.

Digg reinforces the left right pardigm like no other site and thus is taken over by MSM. Now they have paid stories where sponsers pay to have thier story on the front page.

Luckily many have abandoned digg, now the top story maybe gets 3k digs and by the time you reach the bottom of the front page the stories are at 500 diggs you used to have to go to the 4th page before you hit a story with just 500.

You tube i expected would sellout because of all the copywriter stuff on the site but Digg was a massive disappointment it is now a complete waste of time.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I wonder when ATS will be bought over by the MSM

... maybe it already has?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Star and flag for you! I am not very experienced in forums,such as this.
I have gotten a lot of information from youtube in the past two years.A
lot of videos, I had kept on my computer,are gone now.I see messages
that the videos were removed for violations.
I believe the information, from the deleted videos, to be more truthful
than the newer ones.
So,where do we go from here?How do we get reliable,truthful news?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I stopped using youtube for news myself, about a year and a half ago. I use it mainly to watch memes and music videos.

Its still has the user generated content from cell phones and such for a "people on the ground" feel if you wanna catch those. For this reason I haven't completely given up on it.

new topics

top topics

join