It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama show support by flying to Ft Hood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
WAKE UP obama isnt gonna do anything!

Check out this song I made called "Wake Up" Im not too good with posting links so you would have to hear it off "www.myspace.com/ondeck247". The track was inspired by being a devoted ATS reader for well over a year. I wouldnt consider myself political rap but I had to make a song like this to at least attempt to wake the masses. Check it out it was written, produced and engineered by me. Wake Up people!!!

myspace.com/ondeck247
"Wake Up" by P.Smee for On Deck Ent.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Bill Clinton didn't visit Columbine for almost a month afterwards if I remember right?

If Obama goes there right now, he pulls people off the investigation, people at this point only have some facts mixed in with their hatred, something very similar happened to our troops (British) the day before in Afghanistan, and it's a very similar scenario, trusted member of the team working along side decides to turn and kill, then goes back to his Taliban friends.

Using such events to push a political agenda, well it's a little disturbing.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

I won't deny that Bush was hated on this board as well. But the levels simply don't compare. Not in the slightest. The level of pure hatred Obama gets on this board is far and beyond what Bush got. FAR beyond.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I won't deny that Bush was hated on this board as well. But the levels simply don't compare. Not in the slightest. The level of pure hatred Obama gets on this board is far and beyond what Bush got. FAR beyond.

You're joking, right? You just posted that to get a good laugh??

Obama is hated here more than Bush? Try doing a search of topics here on ATS. I don't remember seeing any, "Obama is Hitler!!" threads, or ones that were daily calling for his impeachment, imprisonment, execution, etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You and those who "think" in the same manner as you have a slave masters mentality, yeah I said it. You want this puppet to dance and do tricks for you and most likely couldn't care less about those who were mowed down. Your fellow citizens were just mowed down yet you want a puppet to go and show his "support" by shaking hands and dropping his head for the camera?

Forget Obama, are you going to fly to Ft Hood to show support?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

If I were the President, I would have been already there.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

But you aren't the President, which means you got less on your plate to postpone.

Let us know when you get there.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
But you aren't the President, which means you got less on your plate to postpone.

Let us know when you get there.

You mean that Obama has to actually sit down and think about maybe postponing something to go out to Fort Hood? I wonder what you might think is more important than 13 dead Soldiers killed by a domestic terrorist on US soil?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Lets see, what is more important then flying down there, disrupting busy manpower, traffic, airports and the thousands of other things that go into a Presidential visit?

Answer.

Staying out of the way and let the people there do their jobs.

He is doing a lot of things wrong to complain about, this is just trivial.

Tell me, what did you want him to do if he had gone down there, besides be in the way?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I was a soldier under Bush and the morale was horrible. We were angry for being sent to a war that we had no need to go into and for pulling troops out of a war that we should have been in. We all wanted to catch Bin Laden instead we went into Iraq.

Obama has already done more for the troops than Bush did unless you consider having our brothers and sisters killed, maimed and traumatized doing something.

The best thing he should do right now is to direct happenings and inquiries from a distance. To show up there now would redirect resources and energies toward the president (no matter who was in office) from what is needed right now.

In the military there is rarely if ever a lot of respect for brass or for any president.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

8 years versus 10 months. I bet that the amount of threads against Obama way outweigh the same time line for Bush. Even if you take the last 10 months of Bush's administration I bet that the Obama threads would way outweigh Bush threads.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I would disagree with that. Obama hasn't taken a quarter of the crap that Bush and his supporters did on this board while he was in office. But whatever.

BTW, did anyone else notice that George W. Bush and Laura Bush visited the wounded at Ft. Hood last night? I'm still not going going to bash Obama for keeping the whole presidential circus away from there, but I do think it was a class move by former president Bush to make a visit.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

He hasn't been in office for the quarter of the time, He hasn't even been in office for a full year.

I won't deny that Bush didn't get his fair share of the blame and probably a bunch of bull that he didn't deserve. But comparing 10 months to 8 years?

Obama is getting a whole lot of flack he doesn't deserve, a whole lot he does deserve.

The bull dunk threads about Obama's place of birth would almost equal to Bush's 8 years in Office.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey there guys,

I'm not American and don't pretend to know the ins and outs of American Politics ... but I do read a lot of the threads on here and the conclusion I am brought to (as an outsider looking in), is that the poor guy can't seem to do right by you whatever he does !

This tends to give us outsiders the impression that Americans can be rather fickle ... in light of the fact that just a few short months ago you had a guy in charge who could barely string a sentence together.

I really am not trying to put anyone down or insult you in the slightest ... I am genuinely curious to know what Obama could do (or stop doing ), to please you.

(edit to add); I don't think he should go to Ft Hood just yet for the reasons given by others already ... but a trip there in a few weeks would be respectful IMHO.

Woody (politically naive).
Be gentle with me I bruise easily.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by woodwytch]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm not comparing eight years to ten months, but simply saying that at the height of the Bush bashing around here a few years ago, it was significantly worse than it is now.

I'm not going to deny that a lot of the Obama bashing is garbage, either, just as it was under Bush. I'm far from being a fan of Obama, but even I've defended him from time to time, including on that whole birth certificate thing and on this issue of him traveling to Ft. Hood. I think he needs to make a trip down there soon, but I absolutely will not bash him for keeping the presidential circus away in the immediate aftermath of the event.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
I am genuinely curious to know what Obama could do (or stop doing ), to please you.

Its just political reality. Unless there's a major shift in this administration's ideology and agenda, there is a large built-in base of opposition. Remember, 47% of the people who went to the polls did not vote for Barack Obama.

That said, I don't completely disagree with you. Some of it is over-the-top.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Maybe he should go down there soon. Yes, I can agree with that. Yes go down to Fort Hood soon. Visit with the injured make a photo op of it, pin some purple hearts on the wounded, (cause in all reality that is what it would really be) Yank off the Pro American crowd. You know, the spectator sport that politics in this nation has become.

Got to be a grieving period first. Got to make sure all the ducks are in a row. Got to make sure that the president's visit doesn't distract from the reality of the situation. Then yes, the president should visit the wounded. The brave patriots that for no fault of their own were wounded. I think the medal of valor needs to be given to Kim Munley for her bravery in this indecent and for saving the lives of who knows how many Americans.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Phew, thank-you I was expecting to get slammed for poking my nose in where it doesn't belong.

I hadn't realized the vote had been so close, it makes more sense now.

Woody

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Yep. It was fairly close, despite all of the hype. Obama got just a shade under 53% of the vote. It was actually a smaller margin of victory on a percentage basis than George HW Bush's 1988 victory over Michael Dukakis. It didn't take the public long to turn on him, either, and by 1992, he had an approval rating at one point in the mid-20s.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Dukakis really? I mean really? Gore would have won against Dukakis Hell, Pailin would have won against Dukakis.

If I wasn't 13 at the time I would have won against Dukakis. Bush Sr. coming off of a relatively popular president was a hard campaign to fight.

[edit on 11/7/2009 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join