It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama show support by flying to Ft Hood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's about the lowest thing I can imagine to USE this terrible tragedy as an excuse to bash the president... as if there aren't enough threads bashing him, you just had to squeeze in one more... Disgusting!

As you can see, many have accused him of going to Dover for a "photo op". So, the same would accuse him of going to Ft. Hood for the same reason. If he stays away, he's accused of not caring or making a basketball game more important.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with you guys. It's so obvious. :shk:

Sounds like what happened with Bush during Katrina huh? Don't pretend that things like that only happen to your annointed one.

I almost expected a "Leave Obama Alone" video from you there at the end.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
He didn't show respect by attending the return of fallen soldiers. He attended for a photo op. That is why he asked family members if he could be photographed saluting a casket, thankfully only one family agreed.

Well that's one of the reasons he might not go -- because certain members of the public will surely interpret anything he does, from curing cancer to using a biodegradable water bottle, as a Stalinist plot. If he did insist (in Dover) that he not be photographed, you'd probably say that's because he was afraid to reveal his horns and hooves. Duh.

You are absolutely correct.

Its not hard to not insist on being photographed saluting a casket. All you have to do is not ask permission to take the pic and tell your photographer not to take any pics of the caskets.

But he is satan, so I expect nothing less

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yes he should, he wouldnt want to miss such a perfect photo op.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
Sounds like what happened with Bush during Katrina huh?

Yeah, but that's Bush. Its different. Never mind that there were incessant attacks and jokes about Bush for reading 'My Pet Goat' to a bunch of school kids in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by vor78]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

The amount of HATE this president gets on this board is way above what is normal for a president. Heck if this guy farts y'all start calling it genocide.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Obama's opponents will do what Bush's opponents did and seize the opportunity to criticize him. I personally don't care what he does. The damage is done, there is really nothing he can do to alleviate the pain the families of the dead servicemen are going through.

I just hope he doesn't look upon this with the, "Never waste a good crisis" mentality.

In my opinion he needs to let the public know that he is conferring with the Joint chiefs and launching a full scale investigations into the military's policies regarding who is qualified to serve,considering various religious convictions and overall troop morale. Keeping in mind that the Military is not a social club where diversity should be encouraged.

I am saddened for the unnecessary death of soldiers under Bush's watch as well as those under Obama's.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

In my opinion he needs to let the public know that he is conferring with the Joint chiefs and launching a full scale investigations into the military's policies regarding who is qualified to serve,considering various religious convictions and overall troop morale. Keeping in mind that the Military is not a social club where diversity should be encouraged.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It doesn't make a difference.

If he doesn't go, he's a terrible person.

If he does go, the same people that called him a terrible person for not going, would say he's taking time away from solving the problems facing the nation to get a good PR shot to his own ends.

I guess the bottom line is that you're a bunch of whiners.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.nbcchicago.com...
"After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.
But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?"

Here comes the posturing to the Arabs. Obama can't stand up and say that this tragic event is related to Islam in anyway when we all know it is. And the importance of this factor weighs to the muslims... who's side is Obama on?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks for posting the video. I noticed that Obama mentioned that he was getting updates for the joint chiefs regarding the details of what happened. I am glad he stated the obvious.

What he needs to do now is address the trust issue every soldier will have who has to serve with a Muslim. This is going to be a huge issue and must be dealt with. The policies must be revised to eliminate this problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
What he needs to do now is address the trust issue every soldier will have who has to serve with a Muslim.

So we should trust muslims and do sensitivity training?
I have a better idea. Let's educate Americans about Islamic terrorism. Because we really don't know that much about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

What he needs to do now is address the trust issue every soldier will have who has to serve with a Muslim. This is going to be a huge issue and must be dealt with. The policies must be revised to eliminate this problem.

This is true.

A lot of trust was lost yesterday. As obvious by the previous posters stereotypical remarks.

People who speak Arabic are in high demand in the US armed forces. So unless the US wants to ask if someone of Aribic decent is Chaldean instead of Muslim (bet the previous poster doesn't know what a Chaldean is) They are going to have to deal with Muslims in the armed forces.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Thanks for posting the video. I noticed that Obama mentioned that he was getting updates for the joint chiefs regarding the details of what happened. I am glad he stated the obvious.

If I could give you 4 stars for your post on on the reality of the soldiers NOT having the trust anymore I would. Star To you sir

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

But the real question should be: why should US soldiers have to deal with trust issues because of these kinds of attacks?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Well there you go, learn Arabic, and go into the service as a translator, obviously they can trust you right? I mean I wouldn't trust you with a loaded pea shooter, but hell maybe the military would trust you.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Bored To Tears

The amount of HATE this president gets on this board is way above what is normal for a president. Heck if this guy farts y'all start calling it genocide.

Right and ATS was all warm and fuzzy when Bush was in office?

I have been around for a while, don't let the sign up date fool you. You may have a short memory, but mine is excellent.

If you feel that Obama is hated on ATS more then Bush was then I see no reason to continue with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The military does trust me. More than you will ever know.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Star to you as well. Americans don't know the truth of Radical Islam.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It's about the lowest thing I can imagine to USE this terrible tragedy as an excuse to bash the president... as if there aren't enough threads bashing him, you just had to squeeze in one more... Disgusting!

Hey, what did his Chief of Staff say? Something about never wasting a crisis???

As you can see, many have accused him of going to Dover for a "photo op". So, the same would accuse him of going to Ft. Hood for the same reason. If he stays away, he's accused of not caring or making a basketball game more important.

Dover was a photo op. Simple as that. The same thing that everyone here bashed Bush about.

Obama could easily go to Fort Hood without his entourage of press toadies. Go there in private, meet with families in private. That would really show some class.

And before anyone gets their underwear in a bunch, Bush made it to Iraq on Thanksgiving without anyone knowing about it until after he got there and back.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with you guys. It's so obvious.

Just part of being the President. ATS reamed Bush for the same thing the entire time he was in office. Obama better learn to suck it up, or it will be a long four years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join