It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "You Notice Since It's Getting Colder They Stopped Using The Term Global Warming, it's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dr. Paul Says:
"The greatest hoax I think has been around many, many years, if not hundreds of years...has been this hoax on the environment and Global Warming. If you notice they don't call it Global Warming anymore(because it's getting cold)...IT'S WEATHER CONTROL"

So interesting............

I've never thought about that

The video is mostly about economics but they talk about global warming towards the end.

and then he goes on to say it's Weather Control!!

And I tought this was an Excellent statemetn.

And I can't believe I haven't thought of it before?

It's true isn't it?
They really did stop using that word alot

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Okay, anytime any Global Warming hits ATS I have to post my thoughts. I wish Global Warming was true, where I live it is winter 5 months of the year, with 3 months spring, 1 month summer, 3 months fall.

Oh how I wish their was Global Warming. Actually my neighbors put it better.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
They? They who?

Hmm...

In any case, a shift in language during the colder winter months is well known. In his book State of Fear, Crichton made a note of this trend, as well as several times in subsequent speeches. Nothing to be surprised about. The public apparently doesn't respond well to science. They don't understand it. Don't trust it in many cases. So the battle for people's minds often (sadly) relies more on PR tricks and slogans, rather than facts and well structured arguments.

(Crichton himself, btw, despite being accused of being a shill for oil & coal industry, often spoke out in support of capping carbon emissions and carbon credits. Most people, both for and against, simply took from his argument what they wanted... rather than listening to what he actually said.)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I am not following you around on purpose.

Here in the mitten state, well we didn't have a summer to speak of. A little warming would be nice, like having a comfortable water ski season(wake board also) longer than two and a half to 3 months.

I am not into freezing my a** off as I did in my younger days and years! We used to be out on the water as soon as the ice melted.

No we also didn't have dry-suits back then to use or wear.

You talk about a headache!?! Wet head of hair, cold air slamming your forehead from 32mph to over 50mph(slalom water skiing, boat constant/ static speed 32-36mph, ski acceleration from turn to turn, over 50mph, if you are skilled!).
This is the worst of brain freezing, head freezing! Think Ted Lindsey, but alive to feel it, without the batting average.

Please ship Gore to Antarctica since he is lacking Vitamin D.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by PRS395]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Global warming does mean that a lot of places get colder.

Here in NZ we had the coldest October for over 60 years.

But the fact remains that the icecaps are melting, putting a lot of animals at risk of extinction.

The world is on a slightly different tilt, apparently, so some places get hotter and some places get colder.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Global warming does mean that a lot of places get colder.

That is why it is called global warming.

Warm is cold, Ignorance is strength, war is peace....

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I recall seeing a TEDtalk not long ago regarding the geo-political shifting of borders - how borders themselves are starting to become more or less arbitrary in the face of economies. An example he gave was China's heavy mining industry in Mongolia, as well as their increasingly prominent leasing of Russian territory for farming. This farming is generally done by Russian citizens who are drawn to parts of the southern Siberian territories that - until rather recently - were too cold to farm. Now, however, Global Warming has opened land use opportunities which are drawing more of the population to areas which were previously deserted due to the cold and minimal utility of the land.

While this may seem like a positive benefit of Global Warming (and it is), as of now I have no way to gauge whether or not this is a net benefit for China monetarily considering the expenditures going out to halt the spread of the Gobi Desert. The desertification of China and Mongolia is speeding up, and in part are being blamed on Global Warming.

Source: Trying to green the growing Gobi.

I also want to state that I am against any move to sequester and bury carbon from the atmosphere. That's just an eco-disaster waiting to happen. Considering how difficult and poorly our nuclear waste is disposed of (leakage into the ground, specifically fault lines, has actually lead to discoveries about how Earthquakes work) - I can only image the damage that would occur if a geological shift were to allow such high levels of concentrated CO2 to release in either the wild, or in a community/metropolis.

I would be more in favor of sequestering CO2 if that CO2 were then converted to a more stable or useful form. Craig Venter's labs have built an organism which consumes CO2 to produce viable octane fuels. Provided the emissions from burning that octane are not worse than CO2 or are easier/safer to sequester and store - I would fully support it's implementation for applications and industry for which Solar Power and battery storage is thus far not tenable. This would allow coal sources of inexpensive electricity to remain viable for many more years to come. A boon not only for us in the interim, but for the industry of developing nations in the future.

Global Warming has many components and factors which are influenced by man's activities... and (regardless of natural or anthropomorphic causes) it will take a lot of unique and clever solutions to overcome or, at least, slow to more biologically and economically adaptable speeds if necessary.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Global warming also means that a lot of places get hotter.

You just like arguing for the sake of arguing.

Tell me why the icecaps are melting, if the whole world is getting colder.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul: proof that ignorance is bliss.

It hasn't been getting colder. Global temperatures have been on a traceable rise. However the term "global warming" has been shelved in favor of "climate change" because "climate change" is far more accurate - a global average increase in temperature doesn't mean everywhere gets warmer. Some places do get colder. others get drier or wett, because that overall increase throws off weather patterns.

Weather control?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
one of the effects of climate change is a rise in the average daily low temp of the day. slightly more heat equals slightly more water vapor equals increased cloud cover equals a slighty lower daily average high temp. thats one one of the causes for the cruddy summer in the upper midwest of the U.S. BTW.. Minn. you can keep Farve, he's gonna fall apart in the second half of the season

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
still a lot of ignorance by the looks of it.....the earth gets its warmth from the sun. Greenhouse gases trap the heat. now take into account of weather patterns and the fact where places get hotter they have to draw that extra heat from somewhere. Lets say that the earth has x amount of energy from the sun. That x amount is distributed through the weather patterns. Now in places wheres theres warming the amount of energy distributed is favouring that area. That means theres less x amount of energy to be distibuted else where and therefore other places will get cooler. lets take 4 places in which they get 25% of equal energy now if 2 of those places say warms by 5% that means 2 are getting 30% energy whereas the other 2 areas will be 20%. 5% less energy going into those areas making them cooler..

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't know whether its actually getting colder but Ron Paul is right that they've abandoned the term Global Warming in favor of Climate Change. But that's just the thing, Climate Change is natural. There is a big difference between wanting to be kind to the environment and the planet and these charlatan politicians and corporations pretending to go Green because that's what's "in" in a sad attempt to salvage an environmentally conscience consumer demographic.

We need to start a new non-political environmental movement that is about actually helping reduce pollution and isn't just a money making scheme like all the stuff being pushed today. Once politicians get a hold of an issue they start putting their greedy agendas in and it stops being purely about the cause and becomes about lining their pockets.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It seems warm over here in Pennsylvania;
I still open my windows every day because it sometimes gets too hot;
and its fall and almost thanksgiving...

and didnt the pilgrims almost starve to death because it was so cold and they didnt have any food back then around this time?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
To me the use of the phrase weather control seems much more scary as it seems to imply that someone controls the weather.Freudian slip haha

top topics

join