It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AREA 51 Movie Due In 2010 (Paranormal Activity director directing it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
www.movieweb.com...

Paranormal Activity director Oren Peli's next film Area 51 will feature 3 unknown actors.

Set to come out in 2010, Area 51 is a "found footage" take on the secret location, that supposedly houses a UFO, as a group of folks try to break in.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh great...now we have to put up with "they are prepping us for disclosure" threads both now and when the movie comes out.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to see what happens with this. Personally I'm getting a little tired of the 'found footage' sub-genre of films but you never know. Evidently the first half is an Oceans type story of them getting into the base with the second half taking a very dark turn and utilizing elements of the Dulce stories (vats of gore, hybridization, etc). We'll see what happens.

-S

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I never get tired of the found-footage genre. It is a great vehicle for horror. Paranormal Activity was a great study in how to build dread. I am very interested to see how he handles sci-fi horror.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sounds nice, how about ID4 2?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Oh great...now we have to put up with "they are prepping us for disclosure" threads both now and when the movie comes out.

HAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHAHA great post

thats right .. we wil have a least 50 threads about disclosure preparing

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Nice! Hope this film makes people to worry about Area 51

Not to worry at all, I can't find the right verb..

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
still waiting to PA, looks good though

Is it me or having a camera set up filming while your asleep is very scary?

must be me.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I know you can't whait for it to be released

I think this thread belongs in the Below Top Secret .. Movies and releasedates can be posted on movie forums and such...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I really wonder whats it going to be like... filming two people sleeping might have been easy/cheap, this will requiere some serious money to be realistic...hopefully it won't become a scam or comedy instead. I hope they use some kind of genuine footage too and it wont be all CGI..that would suck

[edit on 6/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

OMG!! Finally they are preparing us for Disclosure.. MOMENTS AWAY!!!

lol. I had to. I just had to. lol.

Seriously though lad.. everyone knows paranormal/ufo sh** sells best. I dont think it has much to do with disclosure. I do believe however anyone that thinks that is mad.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Should have a bigger budget after the huge profit Paranormal Activity generated.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I had the opportunity of briefly working near Orin Peli in San Diego. He worked for Sony in the gaming division crating many of the physics engines for the games. While I am happy for his success, I must say I am disappointed that this movie will be science fiction, as opposed to the true story of Bob Lazar, although I must say, I did see this coming.

Bob Lazar has refused millions for the rights to his story for the simple reason that every film co. who has offered, has refused to tell the story "as it is", without over-the-top changes. If Orin could hatch an agreement w. Lazar, he's sitting on a goldmine. If not, I fear we're looking at another 'Blair Witch 2' type scenario, where the 2nd film tanks miserably. Just my opinion....

new topics

top topics

join