It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Breaks Pledge to Put Final Health Care Bill Online for 72 Hours Before Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

That's ok, you don't like Fox News.

I guess that is a great reason to let the Govt. take over everything.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I feel like laughing, but it's not funny.

What is funny is all the people who are shocked, surprised, and indignant.

This is the Left.

For all you who voted for change, bask in its glory!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The real reason that Pelosi and the democrat liberal/progressive/communists took 2000 pages to write this health care bill is they hope nobody reads it because they do not want anybody to understand it so they can pass it over the objections of the american voters.
That is why there is now a congressional voting scorecard website so you can see how a representative(used to represent the people who voted for him/her)
votes on these bills that the Obamacrats in congress keep trying to pass in the dead of night with no lights or moonlight on them(transparency my fat irish As*)
Thank god for VA and NJ voters.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hah ... i cant believe that anyone actually thinks pelosi is going to keep true to her word ... first shes a politician , second shes a business person, third shes plain a bad person... how can anyone believe anything she has ever said after (becuase her party base is against torture) trying to pass that the cia lied to her about interrogation methods... then passing a bill to put funds towards a sf bay area where her husband owns property, and past that fake cries on national news? ... everything leads up to her being a liar and a braggart

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

This isn't about posting a final version of the bill. This is about catching a politician in a lie, and using it as a weak chance to bash her. Let's get real.

The first version has been available to read, which I'll bet none of you have. I know I didn't. Legal speak put's me right to sleep.

I'll go one further and predict that even when the final version is released, none of you will read it anyway. But hey, by all means have your fun.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

You underestimate the intelligence of some American citizens, some who are capable of reading through the final version of this bill and highlighting the most dangerous laws... Some people are very smart and have oodles of free time.

This really isn't about keeping the final bill from the people before the vote, it is all about keeping it away from the opposition for as long as possible thus minimizing exposure of what will be the largest expansion of government powers in our history, hidden and open taxes and bureaucracy that will take over, control and run a very major portion of the US economy and private sector.

Health care needs reforms, but not this. The government is seeking to expand its powers over the people and private sector through this legislation and other pending legislation... They will find ways to control costs and collect revenue for their past, present and future massive spending plans.

If the people lay down and take this then there is no hope, there will be no stopping the expansion of government.

Their agenda cannot handle transparency... that alone should frighten every American, regardless of your political positions on this.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I don't underestimate the intelligence of people who will use this as an excuse to bash Pelosi when the bill has been up for viewing for days. I think I am full aware of thier intelligence. To them this isn't about the "final version". It is just another opportunity to complain about the democratic version of the bill which they don't like. That's fine. They have that right. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

The funny thing is, this isn't the final version of the bill either. This is the House version, which will be merged with the Senate bill. So complaining about Pelosi not posting a "final Version" is mute.

But so what, that's no reason not to parrot glenn beck and slap each other on the back.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

I also remember that President Obama promised us that federal funds from this health care bill would not go to fund abortions...lol...surprise surprise! Thats exactly what some of these funds will do...fund abortions.
www.weeklystandard.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You have not seen the bill...how can you say that it will fund abortions? Also, no abortions can be funded use tax payer dollars - there is a law on the books that superscedes this bill - so YOU stop spreading lies and pull your head out of the elephant's rear end. It is this kind of disinformation that makes me believe that we need a government run healthcare option now more than ever - the people that are tugging your pupet strings are the same one's that will loose power and money....think about it!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
Hah ... i cant believe that anyone actually thinks pelosi is going to keep true to her word ... first shes a politician , second shes a business person, third shes plain a bad person...

WOW - News flash....not all politicians are liars, not all business people are theives and you don't even know her so how can you call her a bad person? Sounds like you might be a prejudmental gun toating teabagger that our dear President warned us all about...do us a favor and uplug your internet connection and never provide us with your twisted insights again...God I am dumber after reading your post.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I would hope that the public AND the House get time to read the final bill before they vote on it. This is just crazy world, where they are going to add amendments, vote on it and THEN read what's in the bill. There is no reason why this has to be rushed/ramrodded thru like TARP and the Stimulus.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I would hope that the public AND the House get time to read the final bill before they vote on it. This is just crazy world, where they are going to add amendments, vote on it and THEN read what's in the bill. There is no reason why this has to be rushed/ramrodded thru like TARP and the Stimulus.

Yes, I too have the same hope. I guess that if I were a congressman (and thank god that I am not cuase I get too emotional about these things to think straight), I would have my staff provide me with a summary of each section that cuts right to the point - I would not read every single page, but I would trust and verify the things that are most important to me. I would not vote for the bill just becuase I was a democrat anymore than I would vote against it just because I was a Republician - that is just silly childish playground antics.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by Hal9000

If the people lay down and take this then there is no hope, there will be no stopping the expansion of government.

Their agenda cannot handle transparency... that alone should frighten every American, regardless of your political positions on this.

OK this is just silly...If the government wanted to take away your rights, they would not hide it in a Healthcare Bill. Our Government needs no excuse take away the rights that it gave you. Your arguement was well written and very well articulated, but sir, that will only get you so far....you see it is your logic that is way off.

My hope for humanity is that we all start using the eductation that we paid for and start applying deductive reasoning to every situation. Think about it...if the Government wanted total control, they would not do it through healthcare - they would instead start a war with a country looking for weapons of mass distruction or something and then use it to pass new presidential orders declaring their word final.....oh wait, that already happend and his name was George Bush....thank god for elections.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whackamole
Yes, I too have the same hope. I guess that if I were a congressman (and thank god that I am not cuase I get too emotional about these things to think straight), I would have my staff provide me with a summary of each section that cuts right to the point - I would not read every single page, but I would trust and verify the things that are most important to me. I would not vote for the bill just becuase I was a democrat anymore than I would vote against it just because I was a Republician - that is just silly childish playground antics.

Hence the reason you don't know that abortions will be and already are funded by taxpayer dollars.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Hence the reason you don't know that abortions will be and already are funded by taxpayer dollars.

Prove it - provide real evidence and I will concede to your logic and wisdom! Find a way to proove it with real evidence.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Whachu talking bout Willis?

Pelosi unveiled the House version of the bill several days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can download it and read it here (warning 1990 pages big pdf).

What they are referring to is the final version being posted, which is still being negotiated. Is that really enough of a reason to bash her? Of coarse it is, if you are a right wing extremist.

Give them an inch and they want a mile.

Jesus christ, are for sure? "Stop bashing nancy" "poor nancy. Get a grip of yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Oh god, what is up with you people, Left, Right, Up, Down, There is only two sides, good and evil.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whackamole

haha then look it up she has lied and will continue to do so,your just naive enough to believe that shes capable of telling the truth

1 CIA "lied to her about enhanced interrogation" = liar

2 got a nice clean up pet project for an area where her husband owns real estate = business person

3 forcing herself to tears on national television? = bad person

hopefully you get a bit smarter after reading this post

[edit on 6-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thanks for all the fish!

[edit on 6-11-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Good job Comrade Whackamole, keep these truthers, and constitutionalists on their toes. If you keep bringing them out in the open I will keep reporting them to the proper authorities. Then once the Ukraine H1n1 reaches around the world and we use the recently collected GPS data to track all dissenters. You will get a very big raise at (AIPAC) Oh I mean, Daddy will be proud

Now lets pretent to argue so they will think we are not working together.

You are wrong whackamole

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Eurisko2012
... Well that PROVES your point!
Sounds like two lawyers propagandizing on FOX news.
In other words, it's....FOX news.

I don't watch FOX news either, but is it really wise to readily dismiss something out-of-hand just because it was on FOX news? Don't you think it's possible that a bill written by congress may have portions that are confusing or don't make sense? It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Dismissing a story on FOX news solely because it is on FOX news would be like people dismissing something posted on ATS solely because it is on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join