It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In Guantanamo" - New Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

In Guantanamo

I recently came across this video showing the insides of camps 4, 5 and 6 of the detention facility at Guantanmo.

Although the video has been highly censored, I recommend a viewing as it only runs for 22mins and gives an insight to the facilities allegedly afforded the detainees within Guantanamo, it is also available as a free download at the link provided.

In Guantanamo

Guantanamo naval base, "Gitmo", covers forty five square miles of Cuba inside an area under a controversial 'permanent lease' to the United States. Since 2002, the base has become synonymous with its detainment facilities for suspected terrorists. Although Barack Obama has given orders for the detention camp to be closed, the facilities remain open to this day. David Miller's quiet, powerful film is the result of three days the filmmaker spent touring the camps in May 2008 as part of a small group of media representatives allowed there. Although the event was presented as a chance to 'see inside' the working of Guantanamo, it was in fact a carefully staged PR exercise designed to yield predictable, stale, controlled media images.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Koka]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I really need to start sensationalizing my thread titles.

new topics

join