It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble’s New Camera Delivers Another Stunner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Sorry i've been posting a bit more threads here than usual, but i just had to share this latest one. Holy cow! Hubble's still got it.

The Hubble Space Telescope’s new camera is returning incredibly detailed, stunning images of space. This close-up view of an area near the core of the iconic Southern Pinwheel galaxy, or M83, shows very rapid star birth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6465ff0f98d.jpg[/atsimg]

Hubble’s detailed view reveals that the spiral arms of the galaxy, about 15 million light-years from Earth, are lousy with clusters of infant stars, only a few million years old. The clusters show up as red because of the hydrogen gas they emit, and they have blown holes in the brownish dust tracks of the arms.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35e1c88a20c6.jpg[/atsimg]

HIGH RES VERSION:

hubblesite.org...

Awesomeness.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yup I have that picture saved on my laptop to use as a desktop picture
I love what Hubble puts out...Awesome and beautiful stuff!!
I did see a show on TV where they said the colors are added later based on the different elements. Each one is assigned a color. They were showing the before and after pictures. They were saying that originally it looks black and white until they bring them to life so to speak...

Well I have spent the last 20 mins trying to get the media section to bring up my favorite pics from Hubble to post on her ebut it wont load!

I will add them later..My favorite are the nebulae...those are always amazing to look at! If I was able to see that from my balcony I would live out there

S&F

Also I wouldnt apologize ever for posting threads
they are always welcome IMO and I like looking at things like this! Its amazing!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the new desktop background!

Absolutely gorgeous photo. Hubble fascinates me day after day.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
WWWWWWWOW!! Incredible photo. One could look at that long enough and imagine that they were looking across many lightyears into the past.

Thanks much for sharing this.... somehow I'd missed it. The Diversity and color and states of matter. Just WOW!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
absolutely amazing no words enough to describe the beauty of our universe

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My first thought about this picture: "There has to be extraterrestrial life out there, there just has to."
My second thought: "The truth is out there".

new topics

top topics

join