It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Failed Doomsday Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I found this article very interesting, but it was the last prediction that really caught my eye...

God's Church Ministry, Fall 2008

According to God's Church minister Ronald Weinland, the end times are upon us-- again. His 2006 book "2008: God's Final Witness" states that hundreds of millions of people will die, and by the end of 2006, "there will be a maximum time of two years remaining before the world will be plunged into the worst time of all human history. By the fall of 2008, the United States will have collapsed as a world power, and no longer exist as an independent nation." As the book notes, "Ronald Weinland places his reputation on the line as the end-time prophet of God."

We all know now what happened in the fall of 2008. Some believe it was the beginning of the end, especially for our fractal reserve banking system. And as for the United States having collapsed as the world's super power and no longer exist as an independent nation, some could point to the North American union agreement Bush signed with Canada and Mexico as he was on his way out of office. I'm just sayin'! Weinland is a nut, I'm sure, but sometimes predictions can be a somewhat accurate. Isn't this fun?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We can add to that the "prophecy" that there would be a nuke in Washington, DC, in October of this year. Not exactly "doomsday", but still pretty traumatic. Of course, it didn't happen.

As Neils Bohr said, "Prediction is difficult, especially of the future".

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, for those of us that wish this world to implode and start over on a clean slate, it is a great disappointment.October was certainly hyped up, the most I'd seen in a while and nothing... personally rather depressing, but I will move on, only to hope that something does us in..Cheers

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just because nobodys gotten it right so far doesnt mean nobody will

2nd line

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

Yeah, I am sure that is possible. I could only hope. I have been Following our great Nostro.. since the mid 70's and much of what he has predicted in happening now ,.. so I suppose there is hope

top topics

join