It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tested advanced nuclear warhead design – secret report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Iran tested advanced nuclear warhead design – secret report

www.guardian.co.uk

Exclusive: Watchdog fears Tehran has key component to put bombs in missiles

The UN's nuclear watchdog has asked Iran to explain evidence suggesting that Iranian scientists have experimented with an advanced nuclear warhead design, the Guardian has learned.

The very existence of the technology, known as a "two-point implosion" device, is officially secret in both the US and Britain,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Intelligence reports from various agencies and the UN's own leaked report from a few weeks ago all seem to conclude the same thing, and we are finding out the extent to which Iran has mastered nuclear warhead technology.

It appears that Israel will bomb these facilities in December by the sound of this report. I wonder if Iran will speed up their production and enrichment to test a nuke before then? They would surely be on the last stage towards producing a nuclear warhead within a few months anyway. Their missile technology may not yet be able to deliver it accurately though, but I'm sure anywhere in Israel will suffice for this regime.

If you check out the videos from yesterday, on another of my threads, of the protests in Iran, you will see how this regime attacks unarmed women, so they certainly would be capable of using nukes.

The sophisticated technology, once mastered, allows for the production of smaller and simpler warheads than older models. It reduces the diameter of a warhead and makes it easier to put a nuclear warhead on a missile.

Iran shares technology with N.Korea, so it's possible both are close to perfecting nuclear warhead capabilities.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Baredei says this today in about the most gullible way possible:

www.reuters.com...

VIENNA (Reuters) - U.N. inspectors found "nothing to be worried about" in a first look at a previously secret uranium enrichment site in Iran last month, the International Atomic Energy chief said in remarks published Thursday.

Mohamed ElBaradei also told the New York Times that he was examining possible compromises to unblock a draft nuclear cooperation deal between Iran and three major powers that has foundered over Iranian objections.

Of course nothing was found, as the regime had 4 weeks to remove whatever they wanted to other facilities. Iran is a big country.

When is Baredei going to realise that Iran never made a deal to move its enriched uranium, and the only people who agreed to this were puppet diplomats, whilst the revolutionary guards have always said that this deal would be unacceptable. The UN may be fooled by this military coup d'etat regime, but it's plainly obvious what's going on!

And today more violent clashes between the Iranian people and the regime thugs.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
U.S. tells Iran nuclear deal offer won't be changed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday said a draft nuclear cooperation deal between Iran and three major powers will not be changed and urged Iran to accept it as is.

"This is a pivotal moment for Iran. We urge Iran to accept the agreement as proposed and we will not alter it and we will not wait forever," she told reporters in Washington.

Tehran and Washington have been at odds for years over Iran's nuclear program, which Western powers fear is a covert effort to develop nuclear weapons. Iran has denied that and says it needs nuclear technology to generate electricity.

Western powers want Iran to accept the draft deal under which it would send most of its low-enriched uranium (LEU) abroad by the end of the year for further enrichment to turn it into fuel for a reactor in Tehran.

But on Monday an Iranian diplomat said that additional talks were needed and that Tehran wants to import atomic fuel rather than send its own uranium abroad for processing.

The plan drafted by the U.N. nuclear watchdog calls for Iran to transfer the LEU to Russia and France to produce fuel for a Tehran reactor that makes isotopes for cancer treatment.

Russia, France and the United States, which would help modernize the reactor's safety equipment and instrumentation under the plan, see it as a way to reduce Iran's LEU stockpile below the threshold needed to get material for a bomb.

But since the October 19-21 talks, Iran has made clear it is loath to ship its own LEU abroad because of its strategic value, and would prefer buying the reactor fuel from foreign suppliers.

Western diplomats say the three powers do not want more talks and that Iran's demands would do nothing to remove the risk of nuclear proliferation in Iran.

"We are speaking with one voice on this critical issue," Clinton said, referring to the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council and Germany.

So that's it then??? Is Obama going to hold out forever, or stick with the proper definition of deadline meaning "deadline"...

Sanctions aren't going to be effective, as Russia & China are very unlikely to agree, and unless Iranian's can defeat this regime in the next 4-6 weeks, is this a countdown to war??? I think this time it is..... and Hezbollah/Hamas will try to destroy most of Israel in retaliation.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Iran has every right to defend themselves, and prevent foreign govts from meddling in their internal affairs.

So far nobody has explained what the mullahs would gain by rendering muslim holy land radioactive and killing the people they want to liberate. It's a silly made up threat.

Everyone who thinks iran would nuke israel apparently thinks blowing up their own stolen house to get it back AND killing their friends to save them are legitimate & logical.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does John124 seem to be hoping and wishing here?

Do you really think Iran wants to nuke Israel?
Yes, yes. Great idea. "Let's nuke Israel, thereby distroying the third holiest place in Islam and probably killing lots and lots and lots of Palestinians!"

Not at all counter-intuitive.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

So far nobody has explained what the mullahs would gain by rendering muslim holy land radioactive and killing the people they want to liberate. It's a silly made up threat.

What do they gain by bashing poor innocent Iranian girls over the head with batons??? Please, you cannot use logic and reason with extremists, but what the regime would love now is a distraction from these internal issues that will never be resolved because this regime has no chance of survival when it treats its own people in this way.

Who says Hezbollah or Hamas have to use nuclear weapons against Israel. What about chemical or biological weapons that Iran also has at its disposal?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

You know American cops beat the holy hell out of American kids, and then get away with it, don't you? I suppose that makes Americans "fanatics" who you "can't use logic and reason with" as well!

Chemical and biological weapons? Hamas and hezbollah? Talk about moving the goalposts!

ATS; Where "Deny Ignorance" is more of a light suggestion...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Is it just me, or does John124 seem to be hoping and wishing here?

Do you really think Iran wants to nuke Israel?
Yes, yes. Great idea. "Let's nuke Israel, thereby distroying the third holiest place in Islam and probably killing lots and lots and lots of Palestinians!"

Not at all counter-intuitive.

Do you really think the regime care about Palestinian's??!! If they did, they wouldn't keep arming Hamas and Hezbollah would they, knowing full well that Israel will retaliate against rockets?

I'm just how I now feel events will unfold. I would love for this regime to collapse tomorrow, but they'll go out with a bang and destroy everything before they go.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Do you really think the regime care about Palestinian's??!! If they did, they wouldn't keep arming Hamas and Hezbollah would they, knowing full well that Israel will retaliate against rockets?

Yes, becuase if Palestinians stopped shooting rockets, everything would become peace and bunnies and happy times. Just like the West bank and East Jerusalem. Oh. wait.

I'm just how I now feel events will unfold. I would love for this regime to collapse tomorrow, but they'll go out with a bang and destroy everything before they go.

Thinking with your gut is unproductive if you haven't emptied your bowels recently.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by john124

You know American cops beat the holy hell out of American kids, and then get away with it, don't you? I suppose that makes Americans "fanatics" who you "can't use logic and reason with" as well!

What you are referring to isn't govt. sponsored.

This is a quote from a woman who was there yesterday talking on radio Farda:

I was in the demonstrations this morning. You can’t imagine the number of security troops that had been deployed. It looked like there was one regime agent for every protester. And all this to confront people with nothing to defend themselves with. I finally understood today how scared they are. This regime is over.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi all,

I have a question for John124.

Has your country police/security forces ever hit an innocent person being woman or a child?

By your reasoning it seems that any governments police force or armed forces that have hit a woman or a child, should not have a nuclear weapon, because they can not be trusted with it.

So! by my reasoning if a country like Israel, USA, France or Pakistan already have one, then perhaps Iran needs one to protect them selves from people who can not be trusted.

ready to be flamed!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thinking with your gut is unproductive if you haven't emptied your bowels recently.

Actually it's called thinking with my brain.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Iran has every right to defend themselves, and prevent foreign govts from meddling in their internal affairs.

Everyone who thinks iran would nuke israel apparently thinks blowing up their own stolen house to get it back AND killing their friends to save them are legitimate & logical.

then they must start meddling in our affairs.. like sending imams and other people to undermine our werstern civilisation. .. Europe is on the brink of full civil war if this kind of things go any further.
If Iran attacks Israel or Isreal preemitive attacks the Nuke sites of Iran , the Iran leaders, the real leaders.. the ayatolah's .. will command the youth and other muslims they have influenced trough radicale sponsert mosques and there imams.
that is what I think we have to be looking out for.
Europe wants Turkey in the EU and on the other side Turkey is embrasing Iran ect.. if Turkey gets in the EU , Iran and TUrkey declare they are allies and they are forming one nation(possible with syria , and other rogue nations in middle east) then under those new enctrance of Turkey Iran radicles and special forces will have free unhinderd acces to the EU .
I am always going out of the worsed case scenario.. but this is something I think can happen , nothing against people but if they are so hardlined in there ideology / believe system we might get situations back like in the 30's past century .
people warning against Hitlers nazi's were laughed at , at first too but they were right , I don't like this sound of Islam is great and good and is the same as christianity ect j,, people have said that about hitler to he is great and if Nazis come here it would be good for us all. people here in Netherlands like a former minister vogelaar did said the same about the ISlam how more the better.. we saw what happened when NSB leader Anton Mussert said the same about Nazi's in the prologue of ww2.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Israel already has implosion type bombs so I fail to see the problem. If anything, this will bring stability to the region through MADD.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saper

The history of this regime torturing, raping and killing Iranian's who dare to criticise the supreme leader, with this latest example, is why they shouldn't be trusted with nukes.

If you don't agree, then fine, I don't need to argue with you over it, as I don't need convincing.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"If you check out the videos from yesterday, on another of my threads, of the protests in Iran, you will see how this regime attacks unarmed women, so they certainly would be capable of using nukes."

It would appear to the casual observer that the first part of your sentence has nothing to do with what you conclude in the second part. Being "capable" of using nukes and "having" nukes to use are two separate things which you are lumping together to obviously attempt to push a political agenda. This type of absurd associative reasoning doesn't usually apply to people who actually have the capacity to think and reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday said a draft nuclear cooperation deal between Iran and three major powers will not be changed and urged Iran to accept it as is.

"This is a pivotal moment for Iran. We urge Iran to accept the agreement as proposed and we will not alter it and we will not wait forever," she told reporters in Washington.

If this are indeed her words, its on.

Blair 'Urged' Iraq in Nov 2002
The arab states 'Urged' Iraq in Jan 2003

Israel's getting ready.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

With all due respect, people have been saying that for years... literally years.

We know how Russia feels and I am sure China would not like any disruption in energy supplies from Iran.

I just don't see any direct confrontation.... yet.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Being "capable" of using nukes and "having" nukes to use are two separate things which you are lumping together to obviously attempt to push a political agenda. This type of absurd associative reasoning doesn't usually apply to people who actually have the capacity to think and reason.

It is my opinion that they are capable of using nuclear weapons offensively. I think you are putting too much emphasis on agendas etc, when in actual fact I'm only stating my opinion on this matter.

I've witnessed the savage brutality towards their own people, so I doubt a desperate and dying regime would hesitate to destroy everything before it goes.

Imagine if the regime could create a mess so that Israel attacks them sooner rather than later, and with this distraction, the Iranian people may turn to the regime for help, rather than fighting the regme. That's what they may be thinking, and what they see as their only way out. It's surely possible but impossible to predict exactly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join