It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: British plan to build training camp for Taliban fighters in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Britain planned to build a Taliban training camp for 2,000 fighters in southern Afghanistan, as part of a top-secret deal to make them swap sides, intelligence sources in Kabul have revealed. The plans were discovered on a memory stick seized by Afghan secret police in December.

www.independent.co.uk...

"Our objective is to defeat the insurgency by isolating and eliminating their leaders. We will not enter into any negotiations with these people."

Aha, training the Taliban to fight against the occupying forces will win the hearts and minds of the Afghan people and isolate the Taliban leaders. What kind of kindergarten-excuse is this.

I imagine they were caught in the following scenario: First they controll the opposition by bribing opposition leaders, using them as puppet-Taliban in strikes against civilians, soldiers and human aid workers. Than the MSM uses these mindless atrocities to dehumanize the Afghan people. They call for more troops, more military spending and a more rigid approach to counter the violence. Meanwhile the opium-trade will flourish, Unocal will prosper and the sociopaths will be filled with glee. Hegelian dialectic can I see you?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
that's odd... I thought the Taliban was the enemy!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oh sorry, article is from 2008 - no breaking news.
Mods please re/-move thread to wherever it belongs.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

join