It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Reagan's Obsession With An Alien Invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

No offense to you intended but I have seen that speech chopped over and over again trying to relate it to some Alien presence and it is not right.

He is talking about the sad state of the world to the reps of the UN. He is talking hypothetically and in no way implying aliens exist.

He was trying to provide an example that would make the reps think about all standing together to do good and end wars and such.

I am sorry if you take offense but your topic only further perverts his intentions thus enabling more and more misunderstanding of his point. All in an effort to get people talking about aliens when Reagan's point was to create solidarity and togetherness to fight the worlds problems.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm

No offense to you intended but I have seen that speech chopped over and over again trying to relate it to some Alien presence and it is not right.

He is talking about the sad state of the world to the reps of the UN. He is talking hypothetically and in no way implying aliens exist.

He was trying to provide an example that would make the reps think about all standing together to do good and end wars and such.

I am sorry if you take offense but your topic only further perverts his intentions thus enabling more and more misunderstanding of his point. All in an effort to get people talking about aliens when Reagan's point was to create solidarity and togetherness to fight the worlds problems.

I was not offended...
...see?

And what you say is merely your opinion. The only one who knows what he really meant is Reagan himself.

I am fully aware of the context of the speech and its hypothetical meaning, but his choice of words and personal experiences make me think twice.

There is enough there for me to ask a few questions though.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I love the topic and I am often looking for a smoking gun to an alien presence through videos, searches, reading and more. I come across Reagan's statement a little too often in all the UFO mess. Usually with all the rest chopped out except "an Alien Presence already among us". This is not right.

I have a deep respect for your posts LiveForever8 and look forward to your topics but had to chime in here.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

I understand where your coming from and can see your point. It can easily be misconstrued, but i made sure to include the follow up statement as not to mislead.

Hey, chime away, that is why we are all here, to question the unanswerable

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
So I don't think he's referring to human beings as you're suggesting.

You completely missed the point. You are an astute guy, Karl, I'm very surprised. No where was I saying he was referring to a human threat rather using a hypothetical outside threat to point out that despite our difference, we live on the same planet, we are all humans and want the same things.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I think your thirst for proof has handicapped your ability to recognize allegory and analogy.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I disagree.

Its very easy to take something and turn it into something else. But i enjoy reading between the lines and thinking alternatively.

I have no 'thirst' as you put it and i am not handicapped by it. I merely try to pose alternative possibilities to get people thinking.

This doesn't mean i even believe the theories i pose, i just enjoy looking into them.

Mind...parachute...open...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We all want proof..

and then when something seems so sure...and it points us in the right direction of proof..

we start to question ourselves..and say "oh, no that can't be right"

And yet it is.

If you can't take yourself seriously, how can someone take you seriously?
And as a group, if we continue this arrogance..how can we even be taken seriously anyway.

..you know what he was implying.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think some of you may have taken the quote wrong. What Reagan is saying is (I will rephrase): 'How quickly our differences would vanish if facing an otherworldly alien threat, why then do they not vanish to face the alien threat of war?'.

I don't think there's any ambiguity in his statement, just that some people have read it wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Reagan did say all of this, but he's unlikely to have known very much, he was not a bright man, he was just the perfect puppet that the corporations needed. His thinking may have been purely from a hollywood perspective, trying to think of a scenario that would have brought the world together. George H.W. Bush, his vice president and successor, likely knew much, much more than Reagan, and possibly more than any President after him.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i think a president of the united states of america referencing aliens on more than one occasion is odd. it reminds me of the story about Jackie Gleason being shown an alien by richard nixon. if nixon had access to it, then i'm sure ol' Ronnie would have also.
www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
i think you make a great point, i too have always found this curious, given IIRC Regans two sighthing of UFO's, his speeches continually to hint at something beyond allegory or analogy alone

have you heard of his supposed references in his diary to the science fiction like attributes of a 300 capacity space ship ?

possible reference to Solar Warden, it was covered in a Hangar 1 episode and pulled from a Mufon file

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
One thing is for certain; regardless of how one dissects Reagan's speech(es), interprets any subtleties in his choice of words, or analyzes (within per-conceived notions) the former POTUS intent:

It got "common folk" like you and me talking about the subject, debating its merits (or lack of them), and brought "alien" an awareness that TMSM had been reluctant or unable to do.

POTUS, no matter which side of the political fence you sit on, lends credibility to the subject. And Reagan was an exceedingly popular president, generally agreed to be honest and straightforward.

This level of integrity, when associated with a controversial, even polarizing, topic - opens communication among the elite and the dirty, unwashed masses alike.

And that, IMHO, is a good thing...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: governmentsecrets
i think a president of the united states of america referencing aliens on more than one occasion is odd. it reminds me of the story about Jackie Gleason being shown an alien by richard nixon. if nixon had access to it, then i'm sure ol' Ronnie would have also.
www.rense.com...

Its not odd when that president was from California and a Hollywood actor.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself how world leaders would react if they knew we where in danger? How would Putin change? How would China's leader change? How would Obama act if they knew Aliens exist and pose a threat?

I don't think we would be fighting over Ukraine. I don't think we would impose sanctions against Russia. I think we would be helping each other prepare for that threat.

Even if they decided to keep it secret, it would change how they react and act on the world stage and within.
I do not think we are seeing that in our world leaders. So if they know about some aliens they are not acting like it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Maybe because it is not really a threat? Urch, wishfull thinking, with a big IF:

Let's assume, we made contact and it's not common knowledge amongst all the world leaders, but really just a few, (now I drift away, to hidden reign holders, for the sake of: you can't run a successfull company, if the ceo changes every four years) that got the information, who and what an alien species is doing and wants?

Also it could be just a rethorical figure of speech, or one of the many theoretical approaches to adress the worlds biggest problem: racism. How to unite all the xenophobics, when they even envy their neighbours big garden?

Asteroid threat and all that, didn't work, maybe Reagan wanted to speed things up?
Would be very ahead of his time, or not, there was terrorism back then too...
What do I know... Just guessing, if, then they're probably high ranking secret service and military personal who got the answer, and they won't talk.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Maybe some info passed by him about et's.

Yeah. He was an actor and a simple man---helped in some cases, and hurt in others.

I believe that certain things may have been suggested to him by very sophisticated and crafty people experienced in government in order to gain huge funding programs for their and their conspirator's benefit.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm torn on what to believe.

Dr. Greer and his witnesses as honest? Or part of an alien-led disinformation campaign to weaken resistance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join