It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Reagan's Obsession With An Alien Invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Recently I made a thread entitled 'We Have Been Warned' which presented examples of high ranking officials and respected scientists giving, perhaps, warnings of alien existence, corrupt monetary systems and other alternative subjects.

Recently i was reminded of another such possible warning. This warning comes from one of the most widely recognized and respected (cough, cough) positions in world politics......the President of the United States of America

*Excerpted from UFO Universe, the September 1988 issue, is this article on Ronald Reagan's reputed UFO encounter, and how that encounter may serve to explain his continued interest in UFOlogy and EBEs*
Source

Ronald Reagan was no ordinary President......

en.wikipedia.org...

Born in Tampico, Illinois, Reagan moved to Los Angeles, California in the 1930s. He began a career as an actor, first in films and later television, appearing in 52 movie productions and gaining enough success to become a household name. Though often described as a B film actor, he starred in both Knute Rockne, All American and Kings Row. Reagan served as president of the Screen Actors Guild, and later spokesman for General Electric (GE); his start in politics occurred during his work for GE. Originally a member of the Democratic Party, he switched to the Republican Party in 1962. After delivering a rousing speech in support of Barry Goldwater's presidential candidacy in 1964, he was persuaded to seek the California governorship, winning two years later and again in 1970. He was defeated in his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 1968 as well as 1976, but won both the nomination and election in 1980.

Reagan was well known for his 'alternative thinking' and was different to most other politicians in that he would often discuss them publicly. He was known to have a keen interest in astrology, even using it when tackling important issues.

But what would provoke the President of the United States to publicly discuss alien invasion, something far more 'out there'?

There is an unconfirmed story that before he became Governor of California, Ron and Nancy had a UFO sighting on a highway near Hollywood. The story was broadcast last February on Steve Allen's radio show over WNEW-AM in New York. The comedian and host commented that a very well known personality in the entertainment industry had confided to him that many years ago, Ron and Nancy were expected to a casual dinner with friends in Hollywood. Except for the Reagan's, all the guests had arrived. Ron and Nancy showed up quite upset half an hour later, saying that they had just seen a UFO coming down the coast. No further details were released by Steve Allen.

So could Reagan have just been using a personal experience when referencing the 'alien threat'? Maybe, but lets see what it was he said exactly......

The President first disclosed his recurrent thoughts about "an alien threat" during a December 4, 1985, speech at the Fallston High School in Maryland, where he spoke about his first summit with General Secretary Gorbachev in Geneva. According to a White House transcript, Reagan remarked that during his 5-hour private discussions with Gorbachev, he told [Gorbachev] to think, "how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries ..."

Except for one headline or two, people didn't pay much attention. Not then and not later, when Gorbachev himself confirmed the conversation in Geneva during an important speech on February 17, 1987, in the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow, to the Central Committee of the USSR's Communist Party. Not a High School in Maryland, precisely! There, buried on page 7A of the 'Soviet Life Supplement,' was the following statement:

"At our meeting in Geneva, the U.S. President said that if the earth faced an invasion by extraterrestrials, the United States and the Soviet Union would join forces to repel such an invasion. I shall not dispute the hypothesis, though I think it's early yet to worry about such an intrusion..."

Notice that Gorbachev doesn't say this is an incredible proposition, he just says that it's too early to worry about it.

I find Gorbachevs response in particular highly interesting.

But he didn't stop there......

If Gorbachev elevated the theme from a high school to the Kremlin [palace], Reagan upped the stakes again by including the "alien threat" [again], not in a domestic speech but to a full session of the General Assembly of the United Nations. Towards the end of his speech to the Forty-second Session on September 21, 1987, the President said that, "in our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond.

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement by posing a second question: "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?" Unlike the off-the-cuff remarks to the Fallston High School, we must assume that the President's speech to the General Assembly was written very carefully and likewise, it merits close examination.

What an intriguing addition to his original 'alien threat' statement. Almost as if he had been testing the waters of what he could and could not say and decided to take more of a risk this time around.

Its the use of the word 'force' that perplexes me. Especially considering the follow up statement he uses to justify it. Surely 'is not an alien idea already among us?' would make more sense.

Yet, there is more......

Ronald Reagan has told us that he thinks often about this issue, yet nobody seems to be paying attention. When the President mentioned last May 4 in Chicago for the third time the possibility of a threat by "a power from another planet," the media quickly dubbed it the "space invaders" speech, relegating it to a sidebar in the astrology flap. The ET remark was made in the Q&A period following a speech to the National Strategy Forum in Chicago's Palmer House Hotel, where he adopted a more conciliatory tone towards the Soviet Union.

Significantly, Reagan's remark was made during his response to the question, "

What do you consider to be the most important need in international relations?
"

"I've often wondered," the President told us once again, "what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer -- a power from outer space, from another planet." And then he emphasized his theme that this would erase all the differences, and that the "citizens of the world" would "come together to fight that particular threat..."

Interesting difference here.

At first this 'alien threat' merely serves as a 'for instance'. A way all of humanity could put aside their differences, realize that we are one, and unite as such.

However now Reagan explicitly mentions the idea of fighting this new 'alien threat'. Things have most definitely escalated.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There is a fourth, unofficial, similar statement from Ronald Reagan about this particular subject. It was reported in the New Republic by senior editor Fred Barnes. The article described a luncheon in the White House between the President and Eduard Shevardnatze, during the Foreign Minister's visit to Washington to sign the INF Treaty on September 15, 1987. "Near the end of his lunch with Shevardnadze," wrote Barnes, "Reagan wondered aloud what would happen if the world faced an 'alien threat' from outer space. 'Don't you think the United States and the Soviet Union would be together?' he asked. Shevardnadze said yes, absolutely. "And we wouldn't need our defense ministers to meet,' he added."

I find his statement "Perhaps we need..." very interesting.

"And we would find out, once and for all, if we really are all human beings here on this earth together." Another interesting statement.

Its very easy to take something and turn it into something else. But i enjoy reading between the lines and thinking alternatively.

I genuinely believe that those in the know are constantly dropping hints and leaving clues. Reagan, it seems, would be a perfect candidate for this theory, especially considering his open mindedness and alternate background.

But was this propaganda? TPTB preparing us for something that was going to happen, or IS going to happen still?

Or just a 'for instance', effected by Reagans personal UFO sighting?

What are your thoughts?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe some info passed by him about et's. Maybe it was 2012 already being examined by tptb. Lots of maybe's. Just to go with the flow how about the Star Wars defense system, it could have been intended for just such a event.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ronald was also the President that made ketchup count as a vegetable in school kids lunches.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, i really enjoy reading your threads.

I think this might be an urban myth but when Steven Spielberg made Close Encounters of the Third Kind (or it might have been ET actually) they had a special screening at the White House and Reagan apparently said to Spielberg:

""You know, there aren't six people in this room who know how true this really is."

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Interesting thread

Here are some other relevant statements:

"I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said,Have you ever seen anything like that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light.We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."

President Ronald Reagen (Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, then Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.)

"I was the pilot of the plane when we saw the UFO. Also, on board were Governor Reagan and a couple of his security people. We were flying a Cessna Citation. It was maybe nine or ten o'clock at night. We were near Bakersfield when Governor Reagan and the others called my attention to a big light flying a bit behind the plane. It appeared to be several hundred yards away. It was a fairly steady light until it began to accelerate then it appeared to elongate. The light took off. It went up at a 45-degree angle at a high rate of speed. Everyone on the plane was surprised. Governor Reagan expressed amazement. I told the others I didn't know what it was. The UFO went from a normal cruise speed to a fantastic speed instantly. If you give an airplane power it will accelerate but not like a hotrod and that is what this was like. We didn't file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO. Paynter added the UFO incident didn't stop there. He stated that he and Reagan had discussed their UFO sighting from time to time in the years following the incident."

Pilot Bill Paynter

And

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously".

Mikhail Gorbachev,
Premiere of the Soviet Union.
Interview as reported in 'Soviet Youth',May 4th,1990.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I think this might be an urban myth but when Steven Spielberg made Close Encounters of the Third Kind (or it might have been ET actually) they had a special screening at the White House and Reagan apparently said to Spielberg:

""You know, there aren't six people in this room who know how true this really is."

Kram09 -guess we'll never know about that one but Mr Spielberg did go.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82b4978c71e3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think it's was all a plan to control the world - NWO if you will!

Wernher von Braun apparently told his old German lady housekeeper on his deathbed, that there was already 3 worked out phases of this plan for the military industrial complex and the brotherhood to use - and that they were already in Phase one.

Enemy Number One - was Communism and the Soviet Union founded by the Fabian Society in London and financed by Rockefeller and Rothschilds to serve as boogeyman Nr 1.

And when that had served out its role and didn't work any longer:

Enemy Number Two - A threat of terrorism would be invented to serve as boogeyman nr 2 - and the fight against religion would start - and a war would be provoked against Islamic extremists - and would be the first fight on their way to destroy the old religions.

And when that had served out its role and all 3 biggest religons were in shamble the world would finally unite in One World Religion with One special leader during:

The false and staged Alien invasion - which would be Boogeyman nr 3!

Werner said by this time technology would have evolved enough to make this technological possible - and that this would be the last phase before the: New Order!

Well?

I actually read something like this in a German book in the early 1990's and in this part biography/fiction book there was some kind of statement from his old housekeeper lady that he had warned about these events just before he died in colon cancer 1977!

I'm going to see if I can find the title of the book somewhere!

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting thread and I'll S+F for you, but your emphasis on the "is there not already an alien threat" quote is odd if nothing else. Isn't it clear that the alien threat in question is 'war and the threat of war'? There's no need to read anything else into it, in fact doing so is just plain silly in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Definately interesting topic/issue, makes you think. There can always be a possibility and i don't doubt that such technology exists. I mean, TPTB are coming to an end more less, we all think they are finished and that a real disclosure will happen. What if it gets twisted and TPTB pull a raygun out of their hat and voila - NWO is finished? Man, this thought makes me feel bad. I want to witness real true disclosure before i die, i hope that happens. Or atleast meet a real ET. That would be good enough for me even if disclosure of truth didn't occur. We shall see i guess. But always keep an open mind, it may be a trick afterall, just like in V...

EDIT: Yeah, to me it sounds like as if he was giving out (Reagan) hints, rather than just being excited about his story...

[edit on 5/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't think Reagan was obsessed with aliens, as you characterize it. A handful of mentions in an eight-year long Presidency, out of dozens upon dozens of speeches on a myriad of topics does not an obsession make.

Nor do I think Reagan was hinting at anything. Rather, I think he was using aliens as a way to illustrate the shared human condition. Whether an American or a Soviet, people want the same things, we're all human, we all live together on this planet.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by supyo
Interesting thread and I'll S+F for you, but your emphasis on the "is there not already an alien threat" quote is odd if nothing else. Isn't it clear that the alien threat in question is 'war and the threat of war'? There's no need to read anything else into it, in fact doing so is just plain silly in my opinion.

No, i don't think it is clear. He doesn't say 'alien threat', he says "is not an alien FORCE already among us?."

Then to make sense of it he says "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

And then he emphasized his theme that this would erase all the differences, and that the "citizens of the world" would "come together to fight that particular threat..."

So, instead of fighting the Russians, he wants us to forget our differences to avoid war......by fighting a war against aliens instead?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If the theories are true, than Regan hit the perfect timing. This has given the elites enough time to investigate how well the nations perceive the meaning of the speech for generations to come, that will eventually grow sick of wars and an only way to their salvation would be an .......... threat.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Nor do I think Reagan was hinting at anything. Rather, I think he was using aliens as a way to illustrate the shared human condition.

No ,I think you may have it wrong there.

Reagan's speechwriter Rhett Dawson originaly removed the 'alien threat' comments from his draft but Ronald insisted on keeping them in.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd9620523600.jpg[/atsimg]
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Below the draft, Reagan wrote:

..How quickly our differences would vanish if creatures from another planet should threaten this world.

So I don't think he's referring to human beings as you're suggesting.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

very very interesting stuff all around.

maybe he knew what was up?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Some people lie about things when misled.
Perhaps Reagan was fed a lot of Nazi religion.
The lizard king and all that like the Scientology dictates.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

His speech at the UN was not about aliens. This has been perverted over and over again on this site. His statement about an outside threat is followed by the fact that he states "what is more alien to humans than war". He is not referring to aliens coming down ffs.

I am sick and tired of seeing people using this as proof of some hidden conspiracy when you chop his speech up and don't include what he says after that sentence. It is ridiculous.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Why then, did Reagan write this?

..How quickly our differences would vanish if creatures from another planet should threaten this world.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Why then, did Reagan write this?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

because it was a lead up to the next sentence! Listen to the speech.

He was referring to the need for the whole world to come together to fight wars and evil crap on the planet as we would for a hypothetical alien invasion.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement by posing a second question: "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

And what i hate is when people post reply's without reading the OP properly

As you can see i did include the latter part of the speech and even analyzed its possible relevance later in the thread.

Also, if by 'alien' he meant foreign, unusual, incompatible...then why did he write (as karl 12 stated) .."How quickly our differences would vanish if creatures from another planet should threaten this world."

So he most definitely originally meant actual aliens, even if he changed his mind or changed his meaning.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join