It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
[Very adult of you with the pffttt, move along nothing to see here people, I'm a weatherman!!!

Dont try to put words into my mouth......

Ive really got better things to do than argue with stupid comments

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Details are foggy,motive unknown.
So my only comment is that my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims.

God speed to those who have passed,and hope those who are wounded recover.

Tragic events today.

link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

Zeta, this is actually in my backyard. My kids are friends with other kids that have parents deployed, I am friends with people at this post, and know several that are deployed.

Sorry to strike out at you, that wasn't fair of me. But I don't understand why people would post things basicly saying "so what this happens all the time" when this thread is clearly marked about what is going on at Ft Hood. Please accept my apologies, it wasn't personal, just that theme isn't sitting too well for me today, considering that this is my back yard.

link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

No I'm pure bred American made! And it's true. When times are good and everyone is getting in on making money no one questions anything. But when things are bad and all of a sudden people are losing their 401k and their house they are blaming everyone and pointing fingers. Hence they hypocrisy. Anyways....let's not hijack this thread over such a trivial topic.

link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Of course. Just like Americans really only care about the economy when it affects their own wallet. Such is life my friend.

My friend, this is not the time nor the moment.

Meet me in another thread to discuss other topics.

As I said before, this story interests me a lot and seeing you put in your anti-American quotes is just derailing this thread.

Open up your thread with your complaints.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Are you forgetting that this is a MASS MURDER? This isn't 1 person being shot at for some personal issue or because they are extremely mentally unstable; This is 3 people who have planned this out, and shot over 40 people. With that kind of scope, it would be impossible to contain the situation, especially because of how easy it is to spread info around the internet. If you were you were a spouse of an soldier on the base, you would probably be able to hear the gunfire and panic from your house.

My heart goes out to the soldiers and their families.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor shooters. They could have been living in their own purgatory feeling there was no other way out. Maybe they suffered from extreme PTSD. Maybe they saw their buddies head get blown off. Like you say we don't have any facts on this.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As I said earlier, all weapons are locked up on base. People aren't sitting around with loaded weapons all day long. And it doesn't really have anything to do with defense.

Military issued is locked up on base, but in base housing on many (most? all?) bases, military members can have their own firearms in their homes. And if you live in a state (such as TX) you can even walk around with a CW off base.

link   
What was the topic again?....

OH YEAH!

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

link   
This is so sad.

My cousin used to be based there, and he was there for about ten years. I'm pretty sure he still has a lot of friends stationed there. I'll try and talk to him later to see if he knows anything.

Obama is on now.

Something smells funny, I've never seen a President speak on something like this, this fast.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh no.. they are saying it is solders

One dead, 2 caught. Per my local news.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Obama on TV now...

Interesting that he hasn't started yet about the situation.

Edit: Ok he started talking about it now...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
Something smells funny, I've never seen a President speak on something like this, this fast.

You know I was thinking the same
this is unprecedented!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Obama is quick yes, he's on my tv now - but one possibility he is because of the fact he criticized bush for being so slow and it is political him speaking so fast. Plus it looks like he was FIXING to speak anyway.

He's nothing if not a politician.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Did Obama started the press thing with giving shout outs to people that are there, all smilling and cheerfull?
Did I just see that?

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by riddle6

You know I was thinking the same
this is unprecedented!!!

Nah... he had to talk to the Native American group anyway... and he had to react so it was an opportune time to do so.

link   
We don't know all the details at this moment but you are on t.v. spouting your puppet mouth. Obama is a stupid stooge. We know it's a horrific outburst of violence. We don't need you to go on national tv. To tell us. What's the point of this idiots news conference. Pure propaganda. Yes Obama we know they are brave Americans. How many times are you going to tell us? What a tool he is!

Full resources of the Federal government? Someone remind this idiot that he's broke!

God what a complete embarrassment Obama is. What's next his wife going to come on t.v. fist bumping? Pathetic.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I seriously wonder that if this turns out to be caused by muslim extremists (terrorists), will the MSM have the cojones to say that, or will political correctness prevent them from telling us the truth?

methinks you are more obsessed about muslims than muslim extremists are obsessed about islam.

Seriously you need to find a hobby

and it was soldiers that did this

lay off the kool aid

link   
Side Issue: A call just came in to the local PD dispatch of a drive-by style shooting through an intersection. I'm curious if the surrounding area of Ft. Hood is a high crime zone? Is there high gang activity (that would explain such a call compared to a low incident area that would make it suspicious)?

link   
reply to post by riddle6

Did you forget Obama promised change?

This is a part of the change.

I see nothing wrong with the Commander in Chief talking about such an incident so rapidly, especially with all the rumors going around.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join