It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Might have already been posted but...

Police Radio

www.radioreference.com...

Live Local Chat

www.myfoxdfw.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Shooting innocent people and causing city wide lock downs is terrorism so I don't know why they always have to add that during any situation.

Guess everything could be blamed on terrorism nowadays. Use to be a murder was a murder.

My prayers to all those affected.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Update

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

hmm 3 kids in military clothing in the worlds largest military base(minus the secret ones ofc) during some kind of ceremony.... i see that as unlikely. although i hear you only need a drivers license and there ar elots of entrances...

if i was to attack that base i would want a couple dozen armed to the teeth with assault rifles,grenades,C4 the lot! maybe have an ex tank driver who can have a bit of fun with one there. although it can hold 65,000 troops why not get the troops out of lockdown and get them to kill these cowards....it's 2 or 3 versus a bloody large chunk of the US army

hmm most likely PTSD soldiers who have had enough

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wouldn't the military target by default make it not a terrorist attack?

I always thought of terrorist attacks as being against civilians.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by ModernAcademia

hmm 3 kids in military clothing in the worlds largest and apparently most secure military base(minus the secret ones ofc) during some kind of ceremony.... i see that as unlikely.

It is not the most secure base. In fact, it sounds like one of the most lax bases Ive ever heard of. All you need is a drivers license and vehicle registration to get on Ft. Hood.

And anyone can buy military clothing - including patches. So, it would be so easy to blend in, and get on base.

Also, its not the largest military base in the world. It is the largest Army post in the United States.

[edit on November 5th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Announcing 9 confirmed dead on CNN.......

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

big whoopty doo!

worse cases happen on a daily basis in other countries. and i dont see anybody crying over them.

To me, it is important. Maybe you could open up threads about the other cases so I give a big whoopty doo about them as well.

Your compassion speaks volumes.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
big whoopty doo!

worse cases happen on a daily basis in other countries. and i dont see anybody crying over them. they are still human nonetheless so it doesnt mean u can sympathize for this event and not for all the daily massacres and bombings in the middle east.

dont be fickle.

And you think you are adding to this thread exactly how? Who the hell are you to assume what I or anyone else posting feel or think about bombings in the middle east. Sure you sit there at your computer acting all smug, but do *YOU* actually sympathize? Somehow I doubt it.

link   
20 Wounded and likely to increase
I hope it doens't increase much
and there were only 2 gunmen

One gunman was caught quickly but the second went on the run and was cornered by SWAT teams in a traumatic brain injury unit on the base where a gun battle erupted

Four police officers were shot and wounded before he was arrested.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I want to know the motive

link   
"BNO: Report: New gunfire erupts at fort hood."

link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Wouldn't the military target by default make it not a terrorist attack?

I always thought of terrorist attacks as being against civilians.

I guess if it were another sovereign nation that attacked a military base, then it would be an act of war....

link   
Did they ever find out who was behind the killing of that Census worker, where 'FED' was apparently carved in his body?

Obviously, it's extremely unlikely the two incidents are directly linked, however I reckon the mentality behind the two crimes is similair; anti-government, "viva la revolution" type crap that has been spouted extensively on this website and seems to be increasing and becoming more in to view in general society.

As has been said - be careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I find it interesting that we know nothing still about the first shooter...

You would assume we would at least be able to rule out something at the time... but looks like no.

They won't release that sort of info until after they have a lid on it. As long as they only have one in custody, he might be giving them a pre-cooked story to throw them off the trail of the rest, so they can't REALLY be certain themselves.

Until then, it's ALL speculation. Commentators will be the only ones talking, and they can only throw out possibilities. I have my own ideas, but I'll hold 'em close to the cuff for now, since they're just speculation too.

CX

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
big whoopty doo!

worse cases happen on a daily basis in other countries. and i dont see anybody crying over them. they are still human nonetheless so it doesnt mean u can sympathize for this event and not for all the daily massacres and bombings in the middle east.

dont be fickle.

Why do people always write things like this?

This is just the way it is. Sad, yes, but thats how life is.

Things closer to home will always get more attention than across the world. If my kid falls seriously ill, i'm gutted, if one in another country does, it doesn't affect me. Doesn't mean i like it.

I appreciate that people get killed everywhere, but fact is, many here will have relatives or friends at that base, or have emotional ties through past or present military.

I won't critisize your right to your opinion, but please don't expect everyone here not to be concerned about this. That would be very silly.

I would bet you are exactly the same. If a suicide bomber blew up a bus in Afghanistan, you wouldn't raise an eye to watch it on tv, yet if they did it in your home town, you'd sit up.

CX.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I hope the TPTB arent sick enough to fake their own domestic type of terrorism into means of unleashing a complete total marshal law. What is going on here can somebody remind me.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Heard on the scanner that was posted earlier that a man with a gun and in fatigues has taken a Dollar General store and local PD has dispatched SWAT. I don't know if it is linked and cannot confirm that but definaltey sometthing to keep in mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just heard one of the gunmen was an Officer. I think it was ABC report.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
12 dead...3 shooters confirmed on CNN just now. 1 shooter is dead

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join