It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Hey, if folks who wear silver-thread short pants, black wife-beater T-shirt, wrap turpentine rags around their ankles, shave their heads, and wear purple hats are conducting the bulk of these attacks, then I'm damned certain going to be looking for those wearing silver-thread short pants, black wife-beater T-shirt, turpentine rags around their ankles, shave their heads, and wear purple hats.

Except people like you are suggesting we profile people who have brown skin and are Muslim.

If someone robbed a store and was said to be black, does that make it right to stop every single person who is black until the perpetrator is found?

Now if he was black, wearing a red hoodie, and white sneakers I can see that. But you can't just profile someone for being of a certain color.

Most people can't tell the difference between and Indian and an Arab.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

wolf jsut said it does exist as part of a navy school.

anyone catch the name? it'd be fun to see if it does exist. and for how long online.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Here's Texas Governor Rick Perry speaking earlier:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
If this name is correct of the shooter, Malik Nadal Hasan. He possibly didn't want to be deployed because of how the people of Iraq and Afghanistan would treat him. I could only imagine how afraid he could have been. To know that he had to go, and there was no way out of it.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by OpenYourHead]

No, absolutely not. This is no longer Vietnam. While there are some cases of people breaking out into violence out of fear of deployment.. this is just not the case anymore Army doesn't work like that now, it's actually quite easy to skirt a deployment if someone Really wanted to do so. Simply proving your instability is reason enough, and it's not very difficult.

It's a coordinated event, the origins are unknown and we will never know what's happened. The media is already playing the angle they want, and they will not change it from now on because they've invested into the story as much as they ever will.

link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
But these were middle aged men, with seemingly successful careers. Why would they suddenly throw that all away by shooting up a Soldier Readiness Center?

Ever heard about mid-life crisis?
If you didn't -- lucky you.

I do believe it was a terrorist attack, though.

link   
A Medical Doctor opening fire on a forced innoculation center. This may be more relevant than even the Islamic angle. It also means those wary of vaccines will probably recieve more attention from authorities than usual. This will pave the way to putting more people on terrorist watch lists. Seems convenient. You would have to have ice flowing through your veins to attack Fort Hood. What kind of people are so calculating? Hmmmm.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Please stop off topic posts.

Warn flags coming up otherwise.

2nd warning

link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

OMFG!

IMHO, some of you folks ought to at least let the gun barrels cool down before you start trashing soldiers in general. Or muslims in general for that matter.

Yeah, KARMA'S a bitch. Keep that firmly in mind, and drive on.

Amen Brother.

There's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

link   
ahhh it seems legit...

www.usuhs.mil...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I wonder if this would have happened under Bush, or is it just an Obama societal moment... Just a thought because as soon as I heard of it, I thought of Obama and how he doesn't support the troops in Iraq or Afghanistan. Military morale sucks right now.

link   
reply to post by nunya13

Odd, I don't recall mentioning any skin color whatsoever.

You want to jump me, at least address something I actually said.

This isn't the first time a soldier of a particular belief has killed other soldiers.

There is a thing called a base common denominator.

WHAT is the common denominator here?

link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by j2000

I hope he and the thousands of soldiers there are alright. Our soldiers should not have to worry about being killed before they get overseas. 31 people injured. 2 suspects in custody and 1 shooter dead...

It looks like the war has just come home.
I am saddened to here about all loss of life...

kx

link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

What is your point? Are you saying that our guys "got what they deserved"? I really hope that your not.

You wanna be anti-war peacenik? Fine, you have that right. Start bashing our men? Thats a totally different situation.

Explain yourself please.

link   
One date that keeps cropping up is

09-11-05

Another relation to the 9-11 numeracy.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by vor78

I was under the same impression but never having served I could well be wrong. I thought that if you entered the Army with a professional degree and used that degree in your Army profession that you entered as an officer.

The same is true if you go through ROTC, but you enter as an Entry level Commissioned Officer. In the Army, that rank would be a 2nd Lieutenant, and I've met some Army Lt's who still have that hot-shot immature attitude, hence why I originally thought that this shooter was a low-level Officer. A Major on the other hand is an O-4, which is the equivalent to a Lt. Commander in the United States Navy.

However, if this guy was in fact a PhD Medical Doctor before enlisting, the highest he would've gone in as would be a Captain, and in that case, yes, he could have made Major in four years or so. Regardless though, I really do not expect such a thing from a Major.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No matter what religion you beleive in. Christians, Muslims, Jews and others are all alike once they join the army. THEY ARE ALL KILLERS. Some have killed many and some have killed none. Nonetheless they fight for the same cause amongst their comrades. Seems like the major lost his faith fighting for the cooperations of america and left somewhere a note which TPTB are now desperately trying to find and destroy and turn this into a religious thing.

Sad story realy. This will be another nail in the coffin for this world. Keep going like this. Can't wait till humanity destroys itself.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Just a random, perhaps wild thought...is this a new tactic by the Islamic Terrorists? Infiltration? There are two existing threads about the Afghan and Iraqi security forces being infiltrated by terrorsits. Now we have the POSSIBILITY that this mass murder was committed by a person who converted to Islam?

I'm not running with this, I'm just putting it out there:

Not new. One of the Ret. Generals they interviewed early on said they have been attempting to get people in our military's for a long time.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
edit: nevermind

[edit on 5-11-2009 by nunya13]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join