It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this it? Is this the smoking gun of the existence of the Yeti?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
Wow, isn't this the way you would want to hear about finding yeti dna (possibly). First, people are shunned for never being able to get DNA evidence and people should go hunting for these things more. You get somone to do that they actually turn something up and it's a fake? Not saying I beleive it, but lets not be so quick to assume its fake...How about if you didn't like where they sent the DNA samples, write the show and tell them to send it to a sperate sampling facility and to air the results in a later episode?

the fact is it's a show. Its not a peer reviewed published study of this so called glob of hair's DNA so it's hakamamee for viewers.

A show like this is under no obligation to anyone whatsoever other than their advertisers to increase viewers.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't understand how anyone can enjoy watching this show with that massive A.hole presenting it. He's arrogant, patronising, and rude where ever he goes. He is an entertainer at best.

There is no science in this show. Scenes are regularly rigged, just look at the cable car scene at the start of the clip. Oh lets conveniently pretend its stopped working just to ramp up the drama.

He and this show is a sham. Oh and by the way there are 6 confirmed species of primates in Bhutan and there is evidence of a seventh that has yet to be confirmed. The nature of the geography and habitat mean it's entirely possible for primates known in bordering countries to spill over into Bhutan. Chances are the hair was from that 7th one and that they knew full well about this other primate when they went entertaining I mean filming.

Believe me I want proof of a yeti as much as anyone, but you'll never get it from this show, the entertainer would run away screaming if there was ever in any real danger.

C'mon guys! We on ATS should demand much greater scientific rigueur than is evident on this show. aren't you embarrassed that it even gets commissioned.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by sharps]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps
I don't understand how anyone can enjoy watching this show with that massive A.hole presenting it..
[edit on 6-11-2009 by sharps]

Couldn't agree with you more.I stopped watching the show after three episodes the first year,and still can't believe scyfy keep renewing their show.Their should be a Destination truth episode why people keep watching.

Oh well :]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Please tell me how else are we suppose to get evidence of the yeti? Who would you have find the evidence so its more beleiveable for you? Is the only way you'll beleive something is if the news tells you? or if youtube tells you? How many people even have the resources to travel around to all these different places and try and find all these different things? Again, I'm not saying I beleive or don't beleive, but what I am saying is I will write the show and tell him I want those samples sent around and want to hear about it and the alien skeleton in later episodes...if you get enough people saying that then I'm sure we can get something more conclusive, but then again that would be doing something constructive instead of just hating...

[edit on 6-11-2009 by agentofchaos]

[edit on 6-11-2009 by agentofchaos]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

If that chunk of hair was indeed from some apelike Yeti then it would already be making its rounds in the scientific community. Is it? I doubt it, because it is a prop for a show.
No hate required. Just simple common sense. It is not my fault if you do not understand or see this for what it is. Good luck on your search for Bigfoot but you won't be finding Bigfoot on a TV program presented by idiots created to entice in order to sell ads.

TO Add:
The producers of that show sat back in luxury and ate a big fat juicy steak with salad tonight while sipping on expensive wine. Do you know how they paid for that? From viewers like yourself, going "oooo ahhh wow Big foot Yeti wow" while sitting through Kraft commercials every 8 minutes that the guy sold for a hefty price due to the fact there are so many gullible people on the planet who will sit and stare at these programs which revolve around flimsy pieces of evidence that have never been proven. A bunch of hype is added as flavor.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Monsterquest got DNA proof of the Chupacabra... and the corpse of a humanoid creature... yet these discoveries have never seen the light of day in the MSM.

Why would this one?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The "smoking gun" would have a yeti body laying under it.

Try again......

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm

TO Add:
The producers of that show sat back in luxury and ate a big fat juicy steak with salad tonight while sipping on expensive wine. Do you know how they paid for that? From viewers like yourself, going "oooo ahhh wow Big foot Yeti wow" while sitting through Kraft commercials every 8 minutes that the guy sold for a hefty price due to the fact there are so many gullible people on the planet who will sit and stare at these programs which revolve around flimsy pieces of evidence that have never been proven. A bunch of hype is added as flavor.

This could be said about ANY show on ANY channel. Even the mainstream Science Channel has advertisers and Even History and Discovery have shows about cryptozoology so don't pretend the fact its on TV makes it invalid. Secondly there are those who watch the show without commercials, I myself mute commercials whenever they are on TV and try to watch most shows online where the ads are only 15-20 seconds (and I mute those too).

I agree though, that this show is a pseudoscience show designed as entertainment and not as real science but that does not mean the hair sample they found wasn't real. Are you going to claim that they weren't even in Bhutan in the woods next? After all if its on TV perhaps they were filming in an LA studio the whole time

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am not pretending anything. That discovery is invalid. Plain and simple. It is not a discovery at all. It is entertainment so don't roll your eyes at me and agree at the same time. That makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm saying even a bunch of pseudoscientific amateurs can make legitimate discoveries and we shouldn't slam the door on this hair sample until more is learned about it and more results are gathered. So I agree its a piece of entertainment, not science, but I disagree that it can be said for certain the hair sample is a fake without more info.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopllyte
I live where there are more trees than people. I have found footprints and have taken photos. I have found a bed made out of branches as thick as my arm, seemly snapped from near by tree like twigs. I have also found young trees literally snapped in half forming a perimieter around the bedding area. And the cherry on top was a mound or rocks, stacked in a column. But the smallest rocks on the top were very large, weighing aleast 200+ pounds. Being American Indian, there are thing you do not fool with. So I took the photo from a distance, but if I had something to show the scale the mound was about 7 feet high.

I can attest to the fact that you do not want to fool with this thing. I had a very close encounter with one, coincidentally very near the border of a New York State tribe's reservation, and the experience was so frightening as to be surreal.
About the show, I have to agree with groingrinder. Many years in the woods, and a lot of it as a hunter makes the show very difficult to watch, as they stomp around in dark. The subject matter however, is interesting enough to make me watch, although I missed this episode.
Trouble is; they have to communicate with the camera as the audience, and who would watch if they didn't speak or engage in some sort of hunt? I think the "hokey" chases in the dark are the lesser of two evils, without them; there would be no show, and this evidence (if that's what this is) would not have been found.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

First, don't pretend to know me, I don't own a T.V. and if I do watch the show it's on the web. Second, not one of those questions anwsered, so yes it is a T.V. show, but I don't know if that hair is or isn't making its way through the rounds right now as I don't handle that, but can you divinitively say it's not, then please give me the info(via link) if you got it or in general point me in the right direction to look that says its not in circulation so that we can shut the book on this case...

and further again I didn't say I beleive; I'm just saying I'm waiting until more facts are presented as I'm sure this is building steam...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

First, don't pretend to know me, I don't own a T.V. and if I do watch the show it's on the web. Second, not one of those questions anwsered, so yes it is a T.V. show, but I don't know if that hair is or isn't making its way through the rounds right now as I don't handle that, but can you divinitively say it's not, then please give me the info(via link) if you got it or in general point me in the right direction to look that says its not in circulation so that we can shut the book on this case...

and further again I didn't say I beleive; I'm just saying I'm waiting until more facts are presented as I'm sure this is building steam...

I find it hilarious some of you take offense to my blunt opinion.

Provide you with a link? LMAO
that says it DEFINITIVELY (correct spelling) is not a Yeti. Don't be absurd please. Do your own footwork pal

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Alright well this isn't getting us anywhere, you think I'm worried about your statement not the issue at hand. As far as the footwork I do my own, but to make a claim you have to have something behind it, otherwise its nothing, but an opinion. And we'll leave it at that...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thats why wormwood make such a good point though. What happens every time CNN gets desperate for more viewers? They have a new larry King aliens episode. Gets people to watch who dont care about the news.

How would this show even EXIST? It would be every episode, we basically go camping with expensive gear with nothing happening. So they fake something that piques your interest! How do we know? Look at EVERY episode it is the same damn template.

-background of the creature
-gearing up and some lame jokes
-talk to locals
-camping in the dark
-somehow manage to find some intriguing evidence
-get it tested with the invariable result 'inconclusive'

I could write them a whole season of new stuff. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE leaves you wanting more, hmm maybe THIS particular evidence (dna) did not turn up positive, but that freaky video footage, whoa! Tune in next time!
...without them 'finding' evidence no one would watch. So I believe if nothing happens they fake it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You got to be kidding me. You present alleged evidence from a #ing reality show. I'm done here... this is #ing stupid.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Some of you are wayyyyyy to serious and rude.

All TV shows are scripted in some way because this is what brings in ratings, you would do the same thing if you were in charge.

Maybe there are some of us that like to simply watch and enjoy shows like this.......... so what!

We all should know with everything in life not everyone is going to agree, some think its stupid others enjoy and I am one that enjoys Josh and his crew.

Some of you sound jealous of Josh

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy watching this show with that massive A.hole presenting it. He's arrogant, patronising, and rude where ever he goes. He is an entertainer at best.

Actually of the episodes I've watched (all of them) I've never seen him disrespect or be rude to anyone, quite the opposite actually, even showing respect pulling around a rickshaw driver around the city.

There is no science in this show. Scenes are regularly rigged, just look at the cable car scene at the start of the clip. Oh lets conveniently pretend its stopped working just to ramp up the drama.

Be interesting to see if you could post any actual evidence that they rig the show, you know being that we all demand greater scientific rigor.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
You got to be kidding me. You present alleged evidence from a #ing reality show. I'm done here... this is #ing stupid.

Mythbusters is a Reality Show. Anything on Science Channel is a Reality Show or Documentary. Today's world sees a great deal of different types of reality shows not all of which are the trash they have on MTV and VH1. The fact that this comes from a Reality Show does not dismiss it out of hand though it does mean it needs to be taken with a grain of salt for sure. There is a such thing as being open mindedly skeptical, while this hair sample might be from an ordinary species of primate (and in all likely hood is) there is always the off chance that even a Reality Show crew can stumble upon real evidence of something unusual.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
As others have said, its a little strange that it hasnt been made a huge deal out of. If that truly is definately not a known species then why arent people getting out there & looking for more of these hairs so that it can be proved?
My guess would be that this story has been embellished upon slightly in the name of entertainment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join