It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this it? Is this the smoking gun of the existence of the Yeti?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I feel the same way. They do a lot of dumb stuff and someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed. They go off into some south american jungle looking for a deadly monster and they might find a deadly monster that we already know off. I promise someone on this show is going to fall off a cliff or get attacked by a large cat.

Almost every episode has a scene where you hear yelling and then they cut to commercial, returning only to show you that a member of the team has fallen. I swear they someone falls down a hill or in a hole in every episode.

I dont take these guys or the show that seriously but its good entertainment and there is a chance they stumble upon some important find. It is funny how loud they are. And whenever they hear a noise, they are like "what was that" as if someone will give them an answer. I also find it humerous that they pick up a little heat sig on the FLIR and act as though it is something important...guess what you will find on a FLIR out in the woods? Known woodland creatures, 99% sure most of the stuff they pick up on the camera are known species but you just cant tell what things are at night and/or on a thermal camera. Its just an orange/red blob...must be man-bear-pig, there is no other logical answer.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Destination Truth

Hoax...

I don't watch that reality tv show but I've seen some youtube videos which were more than enough for me.

Still though thanks for pointing this one out, star for you. There's a lot of things dwelling in forests but I doubt those actors will "prove" anything, ever, they are simply showbiz "experts" going for ratings.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This episode was bitter sweet for me. I loved it, but at the same time it infuriated me that they left after two days. I wish they could pay someone crazy like me who actually needs a job right now. Hell I'd spend a few months out there with the proper camping equipment and non-fatal weapons even just to make sure I could leave there with the sure fire information that there is either a yeti there or there isn't.

Also that bed of branches they found stacked up in the cave with a hair in it. I'd be laying in that bed for a few hours with a candle to my side waiting. I don't know why they didn't wait there if this was indeed real.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
For myself, I really like the show.

Last year they got the footprint, this year the hairs. I hope they get a picture next year. As said many times, so close but so far.

To think what they saw on the Flir camera could have been what people seek and not be able to get close enough fast enough is sad to say the least.

They had 10 days and most of that travel, sure we think they should have weapons for protection but they are in another country.......sometimes they have to get special permission to tape this stuff so I can see why they don't have the protection we think they need.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodeme
They later did a follow-up episode, where they re-analyzed the DNA at a different lab and it came back as dog or something; it was completely different. It really depends on who does the tests and if they're credible.

Yes, before everyone gets excited, lets get the samlples tested by at least 2 reputable science DNA labs to confirm.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

"Is this it? Is this the smoking gun of the existence of the Yeti?"

No......no it is not. Next question?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Heh - one word: ratings.

Don't be duped. The creature(s) certainly exist, but they are far more than mere creatures - and in all likelihood are also far more intelligent and aware than us.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by nethawk]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'll have to catch up and watch this episode. I've seen just about every (if not all) episodes of this show and even though the team isn't 100% scientific, that doesn't mean they can't stumble across some credible information or finds. Plenty of every day, oridinary people have found unknown things, and have recorded a lot of unknown objects/animals. So whose to say that on Destination Truth they can't find something credible?

I'm not saying the show isn't staged at all, because this is no such thing as a "real" reality show, all of them have to be recorded multiple times, I thought that was common sense... However, that doesn't make things that happen on the show any less real, as long as things aren't being fabricated during recordings.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
smoking gun proof? no...but it does lead to some interesting possibilities that should be added to the evidence area.

So far, they have produced some interesting footprints, and unknown DNA linked to hair/fur samples. It could be a yeti, or werewolf, hairy alien, etc...but until there are multiple erm...photos? of such a creature or better yet a actual capture, tag, and testing of such a creature..then its just a lead.

I was never a denier nor believer in a yeti...I have no issue with the concept of animals big and small still under our radar in these deep forest areas. I do hope if such things exist that they are discovered in my lifetime. Fascinating little hermit creatures.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh God, please do take anything these Unreality shows, as fact. They are a bunch of loaded crap. Good acting, NOT. But just a bunch of fake sensationalism, nothing that has anything to do with fact. Anyone looking to these unreality shows for fact, is gulible and grasping at straws. Please do your own due diligence, or use some credible. These shows are anything but credible.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Use Someone credbile

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladebosq
i mean sure, maybe they discovered the hair sample while the crew wasn't filming and they had to reenact it, to make it more "TV".

Bingo! I'd say it's true and they did find evidence and the DNA supported an unknown species, but most of the footage is re-enactment.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Could not agree more groingrinder! Gotta say, you are quick becoming one of my favourite people on ATS. I doubt the people of this show have ever hunted before (let alone in the dark!!)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't know man,I think Kermit the frog "Josh Gates",and his crew are sketchy.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I live where there are more trees than people. I have found footprints and have taken photos. I have found a bed made out of branches as thick as my arm, seemly snapped from near by tree like twigs. I have also found young trees literally snapped in half forming a perimieter around the bedding area. And the cherry on top was a mound or rocks, stacked in a column. But the smallest rocks on the top were very large, weighing aleast 200+ pounds. Being American Indian, there are thing you do not fool with. So I took the photo from a distance, but if I had something to show the scale the mound was about 7 feet high.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I enjoy this show and Josh is very entertaining. But everything they do is suspect, like the last episode. If they really believed bigfoot was out there along with other dangerous animals. Why would they break off into two man groups at night with no protection?

If the stories of the area are true, then they are searching for a very dangerous creature. Yet they blow this off and go running after things with almost no fear.

Also they apparently had to hike to this remote location, yet there are bridges and well laid out trails for them traverse. How far from civilization did they really go?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how MUCH hair that was? To me it seems really unlikely that a huge ass chunk of hair just happened to get snagged and ripped off. It just seems physically very unlikely. Maybe one strand or two of hair, but not a ponytail's worth. LOL.

And the DNA analyst that worked out of basically a cubicle? That's not where I would be taking my proof of a newly discovered species.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Unusual DNA does not mean it is a bigfoot type creature. Unusual DNA does not mean squat.
I had my DNA tested to find out if a long lost child was mine. The lab told me my DNA was very rare because it had no duplicates in the alleles. That is unusual and seemingly not human but I am obviously human.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This was one of the best Destination Truth finds ever, I could hardly believe the results. But the pessimistic voice in my head told me that their findings would never see scientific daylight due to the psuedoscientific nature of the show and amateur status of the investigators. The initial testing results were astounding, especially when the woman testing them claims the hairs are too coarse for human but yet are in the DNA range of primates

But they would have to undergo testing in multiple labs to confirm it as an unknown primate and then go back to Bhutan and get more and more and more evidence before any skeptics will change their minds.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow, isn't this the way you would want to hear about finding yeti dna (possibly). First, people are shunned for never being able to get DNA evidence and people should go hunting for these things more. You get somone to do that they actually turn something up and it's a fake? Not saying I beleive it, but lets not be so quick to assume its fake...How about if you didn't like where they sent the DNA samples, write the show and tell them to send it to a sperate sampling facility and to air the results in a later episode?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join