It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor finds that iconic Oswald photo was not faked (w/ Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
Always wondered why if there was a conspiracy to kill him, why not in private, away from a public outing, with the resultant problem of cameras, witnesses etc

Every now and again, on ATS, I read a post that really makes me think!

Nice job, will have to get back to you on that one!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Concerning the post about the man in front of the book depository, this website may be of help.

explanation

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

why not in private? because that SCREAMS conspiracy.

Also, i would not find it odd if those carrying it out did not take into account everyone who would be there with a video camera. or the possibility of it turning into a conspiracy theory of this magnitude.

So i'd say a combination of in public was the best way...it was on tv and again, as someone else said "look he's really dead!" and not thinking that many citizens had cameras.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I've always suspected zapruder was actually supposed to be there. The level of connection between his family and others in the elite brings some serious questions into my mind.

I also believe they wanted him killed on film, as a statement.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I remember someone posted a thread quite some time ago regarding the picture and it was very good. It was about the newspaper he was holding and comparing it to the *actual* one. Supposedly the headline you can see was out of place, the blank white border you see on the newspaper oswald is holding was much wider than the actual paper hence it seems some tampering was done. If someone could find the thread it would be great as im being quite vague, makes more sense when you read the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Found it. People made some good points for and against but still a very interesting read

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here's another site comparing the facial features, especially the chin in the backyard photos.

www.pimall.com...

I'm still on the fence myself, but the photo is convenient.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I remember someone posted a thread quite some time ago regarding the picture and it was very good.*SNIP* If someone could find the thread it would be great as im being quite vague, makes more sense when you read the thread.

Now you have me curious.
Although even if it is authentic, that doesn't mean he wasn't st up.
In no way, shape or form was LHO the lone gun man...I don't care what TPTB had Peter Jennings say.

Here's some old threads, in case one of them fits your memory:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I have seen a few documentaries and checked out a few websites, and I was firmly of the belief that the photos were doctored. (Wasn't there more than one??)

Yes, there were two photos. There's a pretty good analysis of them about three minutes into part 3 of The Jim Garrison Tapes, here on ATS, showing the same cropped head.

[edit on 11/7/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
actually, there are about five photos.

Google Video Link

that's three with oswald, one with the dead sheriff, and the higher resolution one from oswald's friend. six, if you included one they had which was just the backyard and no oswald.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I remember years ago when this fellow was interviewed on "20/20" or some other similiar typeTV show. The software technology he had developed for interpreting photographs was very impressive.

He was actually talking about this very same thing about problems with shadows. This photo of Oswald immediately came to mind; so I looked up his email on the Dartmouth website. I asked him in my email to analyze the Oswald photo. No reply.... Oh well...

I went to a Formula 1 race in Indianapolis. This was the race that only a few cars actually raced due a tire manufacturer asking their teams not to race with their tires, etc.

At Indy, the neighborhood grew up around the track; kind of like Churchill Downs. Because of this, everybody in the area wants you to park in their yard for a few bucks. When up their, we always park in a friend's yard.

While drinking and shooting the breeze with everybody there; a white minivan with Illinois plates shows up to park there too. Out comes a guy with his daughter and finally an old gentleman (late 70's to 80) gets out of the back. He is completely dressed in Ferrari garb, including the shoes.
A lot of gold bling is around his neck - crosses, medallions, and etc.

We start talking to him and he has a heavy Italian accent. He is here to see his beloved Ferrari race team.

The conversation got around to where they came from in Illinois. Chicago!
The older gentleman tells us he is actually from New Orleans and his nephew asked him if he could take him to the race so he flew up to Chicago for the drive down.

As I said before, the race was lousy because of only four cars running so we went back to house where our cars were parked. All this time, I had been thinking about this old Italian guy from New Orleans. I couldn't wait to ask him about Jim Garrison and all that.

I was real nervous and the first thing I asked was "Did you know Jack Ruby?" I know - stupid question... But, he was right on that thought. He said, "Ruby no kill anyone". I said, "Well, he killed Oswald." Directly behind him were his nephew and his daughter; both had big grins on their faces! They knew grandpa's history!!

He next volunteered, "You know who behind all dat.. dat GUY from Miami".

I was thinking Santo Trafficante is the Miami guy, but the New Orleans guy was Marcello. I asked him, "You mean Marcello?" He say, "Yeah, dat the guy." And then his final words to me with a large smile on his face, "We no talk about dat no more!" With that they piled in the van and took off.

That was a very interesting day in my life.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oswald explained nothing.
A hardened agent if even he did work for J E Hoover and Kennedy to
find the CIA Cuba camps.
If he found the camps he had credentials with someone.
Perhaps finding the camps for Kennedy put him on the outs
with the rest of the CIA.
Thus a grudge against Kennedy and he thought he would
be cleared and rewarded by the CIA.
Just like Clinton was let off the Impeachment by finally launching
some bombs against Osama, once squeezed the agents react.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This new paper about the backyard photo of Oswald might be more baloney. I don't believe the paper has been published yet but from what I have read, it centers on a re-analysis of the shadows in the photograph. If that is the extent of the analysis, I am inclined to think that the paper is an exercise in disinformation.

All the serious assaults on the authenticity of the photo involve proveable discrepancies in the dimensions of objects in the photo, i.e. the newspaper, the rifle and Oswald's height.

An earlier poster referred to quite a good thread from 2008 on ATS that discusses some of these things. An added bonus is that the OP was doing his own research.

Well known photo analyst, Jack White, also did a considerable amount of analysis of the photo and concluded that it is a composite, like some other photos of Oswald. He also referred to the size of the newspaper in reference to Oswald's known height.

If this new research paper deals only with anomalies in the shadows within the photo and makes no reference to other known anomalous details about the photo, then I would be inclined to put it in the same class as Vincent Bugliosi's book, Reclaiming History, which ignores a large amount of information, including the faking of the photo of Oswald, to reafirm the findings of the Warren Commission.

I think the Kennedy assassination controversy needs an occasional "topping up" of disinformation to attempt to prevent momentum from gathering toward a consensus view that that incident was another inside job.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

I think the Kennedy assassination controversy needs an occasional "topping up" of disinformation to attempt to prevent momentum from gathering toward a consensus view that that incident was another inside job.

I've seen that quite a bit, every couple of years or so, a report or study will be released to the public, regarding some famous conspiracy or mystery, usually concluding that it was a natural/phenomena/accident/no cover up etc.

That may be what is happening here!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

It's possible. The Bugliosi book that I referred to was just an outrageous example of journalism with blinders on. There is a thread on it in the Marrs forum.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well, that jack white guy's work sure puts this recent COMPUTER SIMULATION (with physics, i can prove an elephant can hang over a cliff by the stem of a flower) to shame.
none of the issues he brings up seem to be addressed, at all. they only study one photo, and don't compare the two most famous ones, and there is no mention of the other four photos..
namely, the most important, is the exact same perspective of everything in the background in both court exhibit photos (only possible if the camera was on a tripod, which it was not.
and then, the third photo that popped up was supposed to have been at his friend's house, yet, it had higher resolution, and more detail.

it was photoshopped manufactured propoganda, old school.

the banksters/cia killed kennedy, ..."after all it was you and me".

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Professor finds that iconic Oswald photo was not faked

I have been a hobbyist in the field of photo manipulation since late 1997... and to be honest, the Oswald images are a real pain in the butt because the shadows do indeed contradict the setting but at the same time, I cannot see how the series could have been faked to such a degree of perfection in the era that they surfaced.

This is just a personal opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join