It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor finds that iconic Oswald photo was not faked (w/ Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Professor finds that iconic Oswald photo was not faked (w/ Video)

www.physorg.com

Dartmouth Computer Scientist Hany Farid has new evidence regarding a photograph of accused John F. Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald. Farid, a pioneer in the field of digital forensics, digitally analyzed an iconic image of Oswald pictured in a backyard setting holding a rifle in one hand and Marxist newspapers in the other.

Oswald and others claimed that the incriminating photo was a fake, noting the seemingly inconsistent lighting and shadows. After analyzing the photo with modern-day forens
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d05dccba4a31.jpg[/atsimg]

Definitely go to the the link for the full article.

This is one of the hugest conspiracies in US history!

I have seen a few documentaries and checked out a few websites, and I was firmly of the belief that the photos were doctored. (Wasn't there more than one??)

I suppose this guy knows his stuff, although his argument does sound a little weak:

"It is highly improbable that anyone could have created such a perfect forgery with the technology available in 1963," said Farid. With no evidence of tampering, he concluded that the incriminating photo was authentic.

But according to the article this guy is a leading expert in his field.

What do you reckon ATS?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I reckon the photo was real and Oswald was the lone gunman that shot Kennedy. A trully pathetic act by a demented man who would do anything to make history.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

I reckon the photo was real and Oswald was the lone gunman that shot Kennedy. A trully pathetic act by a demented man who would do anything to make history.

But if that were the case, why would he deny it once captured?

i'm sure that if he wanted to go down in history, it would be as the assasin of JFK and not a patsy!?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What about that photo of Oswald supposedly standing in front of the depository at the time of the shooting or whatever? What's the conspiracy surrounding that photo?

Regardless of whether or not Oswald was a lone gunman or not what does that matter? He was obviously hired by the mob, CIA, Russia etc. Take your pic. Lots of people wanted JFK dead. Oswald was just the fall guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"highly improbable"

Not impossible.

Thread closed!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Regardless of whether or not Oswald was a lone gunman or not what does that matter? He was obviously hired by the mob, CIA, Russia etc. Take your pic. Lots of people wanted JFK dead. Oswald was just the fall guy.

The USSR didn't want Kennedy dead. Even though Khrushchev found him too intellectual and soft, he quite liked him for his idealism.

The CIA is a more likely culprit. Perhaps someone told JFK about the CIA becoming 'the company'. He wouldn't have liked that.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Regardless of whether or not Oswald was a lone gunman or not what does that matter? He was obviously hired by the mob, CIA, Russia etc.

Are you kidding mate?

Firstly, if he wasn't a lone gunmen then he wasn't working alone, meaning there was a conspiracy.

Secondly, If the Mob killed him it was one thing, but if the CIA killed him, i.e. his own Government murdered him, than that's an entirely different scenario, and if Russia killed him, that's almost as bad!

You seriously can't say that it doesn't matter who killed him. This was the POTUS, one of the most important assassinations in history.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of the shows in regards to the picture being faked, I've personally always thought it was authentic.

I also kinda thought he looked like this guy. They share a lot of the same facial features.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Who is that other guy? he sure does look exactly like him almost, maybe a bit older.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Who is that other guy? he sure does look exactly like him almost, maybe a bit older.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

I agree, with both comments!

Any more info ThaLoccster? Please!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

A fake death of Oswald would be interesting.

I find it interesting that he was killed in front of cameras/media, for the whole world to see. "hey he's really dead ok, everything on tv is real"

It's really hard to know what is real and not in this world.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The man in the picture is Colonel George Griggs. The picture was taken from his retirement from the Marines. It was around 20 years after the JFK assassination. I believe he and Oswald were relatively close in age.

This is all from a topic on another forum I brought up years ago. Noone else really had any information but to add that they also thought he looked similar.

I think they both share an amazing amount of facial characteristics. The general shape of the head, the hairline, eyes and eye brow ridge, nose, and chin are all very similar between the 2.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I see we have lots of folks on here who know nothing about guns.

Lets forget about the authenticity of the photo and consider for a moment the highly inaccurate CARBINE that Oswald is holding. It is a rifle that nobody wants because of it's highly inaccurate nature. You do not see snipers using them and you do not see sportsmen buying them from surplus stocks because of their bad reputation for lack of accuracy.

Oswald could never have made the shots on target with such an inacccurate BOLT ACTION CARBINE. Bolt action means that you have to twist the bolt and bring it back to the rear of the action to clear the spent round. Then you have to ram it forward and lock it down before you can fire another round. This would have been impossible for Oswald to do in the time the shots took place in. It would have been further impossible for any of those shots to be accurately placed.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You raise some valid points there, but the photo was quite a major piece of circumstantial evidence linking Oswald to the 'scene' of the crime!

Now according to this Professor, the photo is real, so the connection is valid.

Now whether he could have pulled of the three shots accurately, now that needs different Professor!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
personally, that photos looks strange.
The head, in my opinion isn’t in proportion with the rest of his body.

also, the reason him being JKS killer screams of a setup, is he was killed very quickly afterwards, in order to keep him quiet.

Some of the things JFK is down on record as saying, are dangerous things to say.

On one hand, he mentions a secret government running things, on the other he talks about shutting down the monetary policy that’s handled by a cabal.

Its always sad typing about JFK. He really could have done a lot of good for America, who knows, maybe he was the fork in the road that would have diverted you from today’s reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I've heard it said that he was the last true, real, independent president, before lobbying and big corporations took ove the White house, I don't know if it is true, but as you say - he said some amazing things, and yes, it's very sad.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Its already been proven that NO ONE could have shot three shots in the time frame that is in the official records. That was attempted by many professional sharpshooters from the military, varying agencys and even some selected Olympic shooters too. One TV show in which I can't remember right now (History Channel, Discovery, PBS etc) had a few different professional shooters attempt the shot (all 3) and they failed multiple times! One of the participants even mentioned the lack of accuracy with the 6.5-millimeter Mannlicher-Carcano used during their attempts. If I remember correct on this also, a military team attempted the shots also and didn't even come close. By the film it clearly shows JFK being shot once from the front in the throat (as JFK grabs his throat) then the kill shot to the head. My belief is that the shot from the front was a diversion shot to set up the head shot. The third shot is just to confuse everyone.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

What about that photo of Oswald supposedly standing in front of the depository at the time of the shooting or whatever? What's the conspiracy surrounding that photo?

Can you post that picture? Sounds interesting. Never heard about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Always wondered why if there was a conspiracy to kill him, why not in private, away from a public outing, with the resultant problem of cameras, witnesses etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join