It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in the book of Enoch- 'The Watchers'? The secrets presrved in heaven....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The King of Og's bed was 19 ft long.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by plugandplay51

No worries, I didn't doubt that there were others in ancient times names Enoch, he was a famous prophet. Kinda like many people today are names Joshua, or Jesus in Latin cultures.

But the famous prophet in the OT was Enoch, Methuselah's father. And an interesting bit of bible trivia for you:

The Bible says Methuselah was the longest living man at 969 years, yet he died before Enoch his father, how is this possible??

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Many of the NT books are actually "letters" written by Paul. EX; Romans, Hebrews, Ephesians, Galatians, Colossians, Thessalonians, Corinthians,

I'm not exactly sure, it was probably compiled by the early churches in those cities to whom Paul wrote to. For a letter to have been included it must have been written by someone who was an apostle of Christ, or their immediate disciple.

Deciding on the Canon of the New testament

* the canon is a list of authoritative books

* The need for a canon:

The Christian faith spread rapidly and when Constantine (through a dream) established Christianity as the official faith in the Roman Empire, Christianity attracted many lesser nobel people into the Christian faith

Some of these "less nobel people" have very different ideas that what the Bible preaches.... (you can see them nowadays too - gay bishops for example).

* When did they start working on the canon:

Around 350 AD, it was clear to the Church leaders that they must establish a canon of books to be the "New Testament" to stop the flood of "new-age" (gnotics) materials

* Who decided what books to include in the canon:

A list of church fathers who took part in the decision process of the canon: click here

* How did they decided what books to include in the canon:

The principles on which they based their decisions:

o Author of a book of the Gospel must either know Jesus personally (a disciple) or must be a companion of a desciple.

o The book was used throughout the christian community at that time (e.g., if some writing of an early Church father quotes some verses from a certain book, that book is considered used.)

* Their verdicts on the christian writing that were known at that time:

o click here

Note: take some time to examine this table. It shows that the Church leaders were very careful in deciding what material to admit. They only admitted material that were - at that time - used by the a large number of churches. Obscure materials are excluded.

The NT Cannon

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

writings of adam? what are you talking about? adam didn't write anything, none of those people did, from my understanding god dictated it all to moses, that wouldn't be impossible its god after all.

It's a common misconception, the different chapters in Genesis all have different writing styles to a degree, usually when a new author is present he will "sign on" and "sign off", basically by telling their genealogy.

"The biggest misunderstanding among Bible scholars today, is that Moses wrote the book of Genesis. If we look at the entire Bible, you will notice that all of it has been written by eyewitness accounts. Many assume that the book of Genesis was made up of oral traditions. Just a bunch of stories passed on from one generation to the next, or that Moses borrowed from the pagans, the stories of Noah, and creation, and then wrote his own version in the Hebrew Bible. Is the Hebrew Bible a borrowed version of the pagan versions of the flood and creation, or is it the other way around? Is the book of Genesis the ORIGINAL DOCUMENT, and as time when on, and the populations grew, and as man moved away from the center knowledge, the creation accounts got all corrupted, hence we have the pagan accounts of creation from the Babylonians, etc.. and the original document was the book of Genesis?

The views are starting to change believe it or not. Many people are starting to realize that Moses DID NOT plagiarize these accounts of creation, and the flood. In stead there is evidence that Moses took the earlier documents of Adam, Noah, Abraham Enoch Isaac, and Jacob, these documents that were passed on from one generation to the next, and put them together into one book called the BOOK OF GENESIS!"

Who Wrote the Book of Genesis?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Deuteronomy 2:9-12 Giants Addressed

And the LORD said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.

The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.

The Horims also dwelt in Seir beforetime; but the children of Esau succeeded them, when they had destroyed them from before them, and dwelt in their stead; as Israel did unto the land of his possession which the LORD gave unto them.

Deuteronomy 2:19-22

And when you come nigh over against the children of Ammon, distress them not, nor meddle with them: for I will not give thee of the land of the children of Ammon any possession: because I have give it unto the children of Lot for a possession.

That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims; A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; but the LORD destroyed them before them, and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead: As he did to the children of Esau which dwelt in Seir, when he destroyed the Horims from before them; and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead even unto this day.

Genesis 14:5-6
And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim, and the Horites in their mount Seir, unto Elparan, which is by the wilderness.

The Writings Preserved.
Methuselah lived 969 year, he died the same year that Noah went into the ark and the flood started. Methuselah was Enoch's son. Now what "could have happened" is that knowing of the flood, Methuselah could have given the writings of Enoch (and any other ancient writings) to Noah, who is a descendent of that line. Thus perserving the writings and passing them on via family.

After the flood, Ham went to Egypt, Japheth stayed in the Syria/Turkey region with Noah, Shem went back to Ur. Abraham is a descendant of Shem. Canaan went to well, he named it Canaan, Israel today.

Genesis 11:31
And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abrams's wife; and they went forth with them for Ur of Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Genesis 10:25 When the earth was divided. (Just wanted to put this info out)
And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

But Shem lived over 300 years "After the Flood" in Ur.

Ur is in Sumer.
) Which is in Iraq
)

Genesis 10:32
These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

I believe that the writings were passed down from generation to generation and carefully recopied, as was their custom to perserve the writings.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ljib777

Very informative. You have done some good research on the family lines.

I heard that Egypt was home to a race of giants that numbered in the hundreds of thousands but were destroyed by a plaque and died off leaving the pyramids and the Sphinx behind. I also heard that some believe that the pyramids may contain some of the artifacts prior to the flood and maybe the bodies of Adam and Eve. That goes for the Sphinx as well, we know there is a hidden chanber underneath.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I do not understand this line

create offspring that are both of ETERNAL EXISTANCE AND POSSESS A flesh that dies, hard to mix in 1 creature a non dying and dying THING

Humans are eternal creatures with a body of flesh that dies. So how come we are not eating each other?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

our bodys are made of matter and decompose once life is lost, our souls are etheric and have the potential to be forever

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
S&F I definitely want to read this later when i have more time and i may even pick up a book of enoch if there is one here at the library =)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Balez
Balez: good point that God is always here/there from everlasting to everlasting, whether one recognizes or worships Him or not. And that everyone is totally capable of recognizing His existence by looking at His creation. But all persons in some way at some time or always, supress that knowlege as we prefer our own way, i.e. the sin of pride.

I guess the key is not recognizing that God exists (as even the fallen angels and demons recognize this), but that we believe what God has said in His Word when he condescended to explain Himself thru His prophets and of course thru Jesus Christ who was/is God. Much of the Old Testament is a picture/example of God's patience, mercy, and forgiveness with a people (the Jews) who time and time and time again broke away in rebellion from the God despite His fidelity to them, just as we do. It is absolutely possible that one could believe in God and His Word without ever having read the Bible or stepped inside a church. Abraham in the Old Testament is certainly an example of this.

Read this and tell us what you think:
New Testament, Romans 1:18-32

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; for though they knew God, they did not honour him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened.

"Claiming to be wise, they became fools; and they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling a mortal human being or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever! Amen.

"For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious towards parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

"They know God’s decree, that those who practise such things deserve to die—yet they not only do them but even applaud others who practise them."

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Angels have never had sex with human's, and are incapable of doing it. It was with Seth and the birth of his son Enosh, that man began to call on the name of the LORD. The sons of God ( those that worshiped God), slept with the daughters of men. ( Those that were living in disobedience.) Angel's cannot,except with the authority of the Father, take on human form. An angel is a spirit, a spirit has no sexual identity, neither do we once we leave our body and receive our new body if we go to heaven.

The book of Enoch is mentioned in the Holy Bible, but one should not assume that the book of Enoch we have today is the exact text spoken of in the Holy Bible. Also, just because something written is older than other copies of it, does not mean it is more valid, or authentic. Job is the oldest book in the Holy Bible. Not every thing in the Holy bible is in chronological order.

It is interesting to read thests texts and The Book of Enoch interested me too. Well happy reading.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

I think you understand that "sex" is not required to produce offspring. Scientists can do all sorts of genetic things to create and fertilize eggs and manipulate genes of mice and fruit flies. Remember the Bible says (paraphrasing) "nothing new is under the sun, everything has been done before". That would include genetic manipulation and impregnating women without sex. You should not get hung up on one small element and dismiss an entire historical book that was left out of the Bible.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by ljib777

Very informative. You have done some good research on the family lines.

I heard that Egypt was home to a race of giants that numbered in the hundreds of thousands but were destroyed by a plaque and died off leaving the pyramids and the Sphinx behind. I also heard that some believe that the pyramids may contain some of the artifacts prior to the flood and maybe the bodies of Adam and Eve. That goes for the Sphinx as well, we know there is a hidden chanber underneath.

wouldnt that be wild... i love how it makes total sense yet the skeptics and "experts" who believe in human superiority say that it cant possible happen... morons..

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Angels have never had sex with human's, and are incapable of doing it. It was with Seth and the birth of his son Enosh, that man began to call on the name of the LORD. The sons of God ( those that worshiped God), slept with the daughters of men. ( Those that were living in disobedience.) Angel's cannot,except with the authority of the Father, take on human form. An angel is a spirit, a spirit has no sexual identity, neither do we once we leave our body and receive our new body if we go to heaven.

You sound so sure of yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts here as I'm in a little hurry at the moment. But, I thought I'd quickly post this video up.
Very fascinating. See what you think.

video.google.com.au...#

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Needless to say I doubt if I'll take the time to read this whole thread but I do have a couple of questions.

1. Just who the hell is God in this story, there have been so many of them?

2. With regards to Bible quotes in this thread. Has anyone taken the time to 'Vett' and do the research on the origins of the Holy Bible?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101
Jinx: May I throw something new into the mix? Some critics of the Bible say they are turned off/bewildered by God's instruction to the Hebrews to slay entirely certain groups of their enemies, incl women and children. God also forbid the Hebrews from marrying into certain groups/tribes. Considering this afresh, is it possible that this was to wipe out the nephilim blood? Remember that before the flood, God chose Noah and his family to save as He found Noah alone to be righteous in his generation.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.stevequayle.com... This is a chart of the size of giant skeletons found in history. Mt Blanco Fossil Museum

Source for the above information:
Joe Taylor, Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum
124 West Main St., P.O. Box 550, Crosbyton, TX 79322
(805) 675-7777 (office) and (806) 675-2421 (fax)
www.mtblanco.com...

I would say there was some big guys around.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just about anything that had a "im" after it was a hybrid. Anikim, ect... There are skeletons still around today. www.stevequayle.com... Seth must have been an ugly Dude, and scary :-) You can tell these were all human, right :-)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is so much fun, By the way, a lot of these kinds of skulls and skeletons are found in Peru, near the Nasca Lines. Imagine that :-)

Some were even found in the US. www.stevequayle.com...

All the people we saw there are of great stature. 33 We even saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak came from the Nephilim), and we seemed liked grasshoppers both to ourselves and to them” (Numbers 13:26-33 I hate to use the sciptures against other Christians. They should know this stuff. I would say they probably were bigger than 12ft or so. I am really big to a grasshopper.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Has anybody ever checked out Psalms 82:

1.God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2.How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3.Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy .
4.Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5.They know not, neither will they understand ; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course .
6.I have said , Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7.But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8.Arise , O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

God even calls these guys "gods" notice the little "g". He is judgeing these"gods" and telling them that they will die like men, and fall like one of the princes. Notice the small "p". Many of the newer bibles say Angels but I used the KJV because many folks say no other bible counts, so I thought I was use this version. :-) This was the "sons of god", spoken of in Gen. 6:2. You guys can even probably guess the name of the prince that fell.

You guys really have been pulling out some good stuff. You know I am setting some of you up like a Lawyer to make a point in the end to open your eyes to the truth. This is not for the weak at heart, Some of you have been lied to in church.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join