It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V and the Complicity of Believers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Most humans are conditioned to follow. It's similar to the commercial that used to be aired showing a bunch of sheep following a leader except one which would be shown going the opposite way because it understood and broke away from the mold. I'm sure that sheep was a skeptic! The vast majority of humans are like the flock, always looking for a leader, always following. The leader could be taking them to their death but the flock doesn't question.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes of course there are. I think you can find them in all walks of life. Sorry that I haven`t made that clear in my first post but I thought that`s obvious.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by derpif]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru
Excellent post, and something that I had been tossing around for awhile since all the V threads started shooting up.

On an aside, I understand that this is a conspiracy theory board, but damn, can't a cool tv show just be a tv show. Does it HAVE to be some hidden Illuminati NWO thing. Not everything has some hidden agenda behind it, sometimes a duck ..is just a duck.

I completely agree, that whole paranoid alien invasion-thing is a product of sci-fi gone wrong during communist attacks back in the 50s. Has it ever occurred to anyone that aliens may not be in the slightest interested in wiping us out...? I believe we are doing the job for them already!

And coming back to V, I'm not a fan of "re-imagined" TV shows and mini-series, and if you already know what's going to happen, what's the point, really? To me, this is just a bad attempt at making the already paranoid viewership a smidgen more frantic towards an already delicate subject.

First the swine flu and then- hey, did you feel that rumble?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
im just going to add,. this, my only reference to this show!

when i advertised it i crapped my pants with exitement (nearly)...

then i came onto ats, and seen non stop -V is anti obama, V is anti blah blah ect.

in the end, ive not watched it and am not going to as i wanted to just watch it, not dicect everything ...

cheers ats!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

I included Dr. Salla because of his claims that once Disclosure happens we will fall under the patronage of the hypothetical and supposed benevolent extraterrestrials. As for Mr. Wilcock, I included him because of the beliefs stated by his followers of what will happen when Disclosure happens; if these are not necessarily the opinions of Mr. Wilcock, I will happily edit my OP to reflect this.

Yes, your point is well taken, and no I think that there is little reason to edit your OP. I guess that I was not being transparent enough in my post. I was giving Salla some benefits in that he has taken a more balanced approach than does Greer. However, I think your assessment is correct in that Salla, at least more recently, is following the "ET are our brothers" philosophy. It seems to me that Wilcock may be merely an optimist with a if we think happy thoughts, the law of attraction will save us, sort of ideal.

I will state that I think that no matter who is disclosed, disclosure is always a positive thing. It WILL change the human paradigm, and at least discussions such as this one will have a leg to stand on in the greater public sphere.

Finally, I for one think that the first ones to make themselves known, will not be here for our benefit.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In my opinion Hugo Chavez is a real hero and not some brutal dictator. He is standing up against american / british corporate interests. Seems like anytime a leader defies the western leaders he is labelled a terrorist dictator.

as far as alien intentions. I find V total nonsense. entertaining for sure but pure fiction. No alien race with the technology to travel the stars will be war-like. Their technology would have destroyed themselves long ago if they were war-like.

and there infinite number of planets with our resources. why the hell would an alien race come all the way to Earth ? Its typical human arrogance that makes us think we are unique, special, and our rare special planet would be sought after.

if aliens are visiting us, its not for our resources. Its because theyre interested in us. sentient life in a vastness of space probably isnt that common.

I for one look forward to disclosure. and i truly believe they and their technology will liberate us from money, jobs, poverty, diseases, essentially all suffering. I could be spending my summers helping a project to terraform mars or travelling to Pluto to watch the atmosphere freeze or exploring another system.

humans are paranoid nasty little war animals fighting over artificially scarce resources. and in our little minds this reality we suffer under exists for aliens too. thats how we can dream up this fantasy of aliens coming here in disguise with a plot to destroy us LOL. If they were conquerors we would never know it. In the blink of an eye we would be wiped out, and not by subterfuge but by technology millions of years more advanced than us.

I for one will welcome them with open arms.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hmm... aliens come to Earth bringing some hope and change, universal healthcare, saving the world. They get devotional worship, good press, and thought of as almost god-like. I thought that was Obama's gig..

This is the story of what happens when you follow a man and worship him like a god. Whom even the press adores. Who brings promises of hope and change, but then seeks to control everything you say and do.

Was that a big "O" I saw under that mothership..? Just asking.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
In my opinion Hugo Chavez is a real hero and not some brutal dictator. He is standing up against american / british corporate interests.

This is not a conversation I particularly wish to have. Because I know how they go. I point out an abuse or crime by that government and you will excuse it as "standing up to America," no matter the act. In truth, you are being duped, used and manipulated in the same ways dictators have used hero-worship and devotion to secure power throughout history. If the same things were happening in the United States you'd be outraged (and rightly so).

as far as alien intentions. I find V total nonsense. entertaining for sure but pure fiction. No alien race with the technology to travel the stars will be war-like. Their technology would have destroyed themselves long ago if they were war-like.

If you paid attention to the show, you'd notice the Visitors are not war-like. They are manipulative and take over the planet by convincing us they are our saviors.

Its because theyre interested in us. sentient life in a vastness of space probably isnt that common.

What was that about us being arrogant?

And once again, that is the very reason the Visitors are here in the show...us.

I for one look forward to disclosure. and i truly believe they and their technology will liberate us from money, jobs, poverty, diseases, essentially all suffering...

You are the exactly the kind of person I am talking about in the opening post. Whether it is an alien or a human you will be all-too-willing to give your unquestioning devotion to any dictator as long as they say the right things and make the right promises. You would be easily manipulated because you would refuse to ever acknowledge such people don't have your best interests in mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No alien race with the technology to travel the stars will be war-like. Their technology would have destroyed themselves long ago if they were war-like.

Eh, not to try and provoke and argument here, but this statement is complete conjecture. There are a lot of people who follow this theory that " a civilization that has advanced to the point of inter-stellar travel would have to peaceful" There is no real basis for this argument as the only test group we have for this theory (and that's all that it is, theory) is humanity and as far as we know ( all conspiracy and shadow government topics aside) we have not attained inter-stellar travel.

There is no reason that and advanced civilization cannot be war-like or a people set out on conquest to build a galactic empire. On the other hand there is no reason why they could not be extremely peaceful as well. we have no way of knowing one way or the other and to state unequivocally that they would have to be peaceful is to ignore the completely logical standpoint that they may, in fact, not be peaceful.

There are other worlds, I'm sure,that are rich in abundance of minerals such as ours,but who's say that Earth doesn't have the perfect mix of whatever group that may or may not come here are looking for? At the end of the day, all points made on extra-terrestrial motives and civilization is pure speculation and conjecture, until we actually meet them, and even then, it still would be "taking thier word for it" in regards to other species that may or may not exist in the universe or separate dimensions.

I agree with most of what you had said in your post, however on this particular point, I have to agree to respectfully disagree.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Great Thread Rex,
You raise some great points concerning "Believers".
I think alot of people miss the connection between the Disclosure groups and New Age Movements.
The disclosure Groups seem to think that Disclosure will herald a "New Age" of Humanity, Utopian Ideals abound involving Technologies(hidden by the Govt. etc) that will also be disclosed, that these along with ET's will solve the huge economic and ecological problems, eradicate old religious philosophies shaping a "Global" union of all peoples.

It's a Utopian NEW WORLD ORDER, with New Age themes similar to the VENUS Project and The Zeitgeist Movies propaganda.

Interesting Thread Rex, S&F.

Alien Disclosure Puppets wake Up!

[edit on 7/11/09 by atlasastro]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

If you quoted the entire thing what i meant by my response was that once they proved to us they were "positive" aliens the ones that EVERYONE on here wants and they wanted human help in overunning the NWO a.k.a Dark Cabal or Dark Ones i would sign up along with the many hundreds of thousands...however i would only do it if they proved to me that not only are they sincere but if they are honest and of course not a reptilian... then again as the first episode of V shown not all reptilians are bad...

i mean look at the black guy, he was friendly enough... or perhaps thats disinfo for all us reptilian watchers.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

Yes but the pilot of this "V" was extremely subliminal not only the pyramid gestures but messages such as "People are afraid of embracing change" (Obama) "On our world we are all one" (NWO) "We are in peace...always"(sounds exactly like the "channelers" speak of) there ar more references such as the chant at the end "WE ARE IN PEACE ALWAYS"
and the booklet saying "Welcome to the Dawn of a New Day"

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Have enjoyed reading this thread, it is very thought provoking.

Just wanted to comment on the concept that an advanced civilization would have to be peaceful. Sorry if a little OT.

It seems in my experience most technological advances have been made because of war. Radar, computers, better planes, missiles, even most medical advances. So it would stand to reason that while an advanced civilization could be peaceful, it could also be advance because of a long history of wars and or conquest.

But to be more on topic, I totally agree with the OP, and one has to look at everything with the old saying, "if its too good to be true, it probably isn't".

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

There is a proper name for this and it is an ongoing theme with UFO worshippers, it's called demon possession. ETs have been primarily an interdimensional and spiritual phenomenon. They invariably embrace what the Bible describes as the spirit of antichrist, someone who denies that Jesus is the Christ and all it entails.

For this reason I am actually surprised that the powers that be allow the concept of V to be aired to our brainwashed populace. I believe that there is a great deal of truth being revealed in this show. It kind of reminds me of the remarkable cult classic movie "They Live".

The truths that they hint at here are first, that there are 'alien's among us who have infiltrated and control our society through deception and second, these aliens are in fact quite hostile to the human race and have no qualms about enslaving us and more importantly destroying our souls.

The 'aliens' in this case are none other than the interdimensional fallen angels. In the book of Enoch they are called the Watchers. If there is any disclosure, I believe it will be a nightmare even worse than that depicted in the V miniseries.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think as it comes to aliens that there are all types of agendas and motives when it comes to alien cultures that we might meet.Some might be good,some might be bad heck some might be neutral. I think someone in the series says trust is earned and thats right you just don't become best buds and friends over night when meeting someone new.It takes time.Also if it is to good to be true then it usually is.But there lies the problem some people tend to be sheeple and not use there brains.Like when a alien race offers you cures for dieases/awesome medical technology etc some will just say woohoo and drop to there knees and not think about what the price for it will be.

Now why do all aliens have to be fallen angels/demons here to tempt us away from God?Does the universe still revolve around us and just us?Now if i was a fallen angel I wouldn't waste my time with tricking people into thinking i am a alien.I would infiltrate as many different religous groups as I could and get them to fight each other and think that there religons are the only ones that matter to God and that there way is the only way to heaven.I could corupte more people throu religon than aliens.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
If you quoted the entire thing what i meant by my response was that once they proved to us they were "positive" aliens the ones that EVERYONE on here wants and they wanted human help in overunning the NWO a.k.a Dark Cabal or Dark Ones i would sign up along with the many hundreds of thousands...however i would only do it if they proved to me that not only are they sincere but if they are honest and of course not a reptilian... then again as the first episode of V shown not all reptilians are bad...

You said no such thing. Here is your entire quote...

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

I hope so..

If they ask for humans to volunteer in the fight.. i'm signing up. Time for some vengeance me thinks

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by othello

Now why do all aliens have to be fallen angels/demons here to tempt us away from God?Does the universe still revolve around us and just us?Now if i was a fallen angel I wouldn't waste my time with tricking people into thinking i am a alien.I would infiltrate as many different religous groups as I could and get them to fight each other and think that there religons are the only ones that matter to God and that there way is the only way to heaven.I could corupte more people throu religon than aliens.

It's a fair question and it deserves a good answer. I draw my conclusion based on two observations. The first is that in many of these ET-human encounters reported by abductees and so forth, the aliens have a peculiar obsession with deconstructing Jesus. If Jesus was just a primitive aborigine cult, I doubt they would waste so much time explaining how they created Jesus, or that he was one of the space brothers, or how he got it all wrong and wasn't really the son of God or didn't die on the cross etc. etc.

The second reason is that the earth is the devils headquarters according to the Bible, and hence any galactic visitors would essentially be traveling at will behind enemy lines. Thus I do not think this happens casually. it may well be a reason why demonic encounters actually predominate here over angelic encounters. The earth is fallen and is hostile to God's angels.

A third reason to consider is how similar alien abductions and UFO visits themselves resemble occultic phenomenon. They invariably involve craft that aren't all together solid, sexual molestation, and extreme subjective interactions, such as responding to being viewed, reading minds, appearing and disappearing at will etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Tamale_214
I agree with most everything in your OP, at least in principle. However, in fairness to Dr. Salla, he has actually provided a much more balanced approach than has Steven Greer or David Wilcock; as evidenced by, among other articles, this open letter written to Steven Greer

I included Dr. Salla because of his claims that once Disclosure happens we will fall under the patronage of the hypothetical and supposed benevolent extraterrestrials. As for Mr. Wilcock, I included him because of the beliefs stated by his followers of what will happen when Disclosure happens; if these are not necessarily the opinions of Mr. Wilcock, I will happily edit my OP to reflect this.

I have no idea in the world what 'V' is...Guess I am out of the loop on that one.

Once upon a time I had much respect for Dr. Greer until he started name-dropping. One of those names was 'Rockefeller" That left a bitter taste in my mouth and I started to back off. Also, all of this cult stuff is something I want no part of and I am very suspect about Wilcox and Greer now.
We all know that Rockefeller is in bed with the Rothschilds=THE MONOPOLY MEN.

I smell a rat here sorry to say.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KissMyTwinkys
One of those names was 'Rockefeller" That left a bitter taste in my mouth and I started to back off.

Actualy Laurence Rockefeller isn't that bad and seems to be genuinely interested in getting to the bottom of the UFO subject.

You can read about him here and the link for the Rockefeller briefing document is below - hope you take time to read it.

The Rockefeller Briefing Document

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by KissMyTwinkys
One of those names was 'Rockefeller" That left a bitter taste in my mouth and I started to back off.

Actualy Laurence Rockefeller isn't that bad and seems to be genuinely interested in getting to the bottom of the UFO subject.

You can read about him here and the link for the Rockefeller briefing document is below - hope you take time to read it.

The Rockefeller Briefing Document

Cheers.

LOL Nopers, as I said the Rockefellers are in bed with the Rothschilds. I will not trust any of them. They are the Illumanti and they are pulling the strings running the show.
Here is Rockefeller on depopulation:
www.youtube.com...

We are being manipulated.

Tell me what the Israelis are doing with MASON SYMBOLS and FERTILITY SYMBOLS in their SUPREME COURT?...Rockefellers Museum is right across from it.

All the banks are in bed together....all their families are married to each other and the Vatican has her hands in the cookie jar as well.

No ....this is just another cult and the sheeple are being rounded up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join