It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reunited after 60years!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was reading on another site and came across this article about a couple who were separated for 60 years, then reunited by chance and got remarried. I love stories like this, they make me happy to see that there is still hope for that one true love in your life. You never know how things turn out.

When Anna Kozlov caught sight of the elderly man clambering out of a car in her home village of Borovlyanka in Siberia, she stopped dead in her tracks, convinced her eyes were playing tricks.

There, in front of her, was Boris, the man she had fallen in love with and married 60 years earlier. The last time she had seen him was three days after their wedding, when she kissed him goodbye and sent him off to rejoin his Red Army unit.

can you imagine how that felt?! Im sure it was so many different emotions at one time.

They met when he was secretary of the Young Communists and had to make a speech in the village.

Afterwards, she was standing there in a circle of friends, but he had eyes only for her. Her father had been purged by Stalin before the war for refusing to work in a collective farm, but Boris did not care. She was too beautiful for words. “I loved her and would always defend her,” he recalled.

So the romance blossomed. When he came home from the front, she was always there, waiting. In 1946, they married. It was a hasty wedding; there was no time for anything else and they could not afford anything grand in those hard years after the war.

Three days later, he had to return to his unit. “We kissed goodbye - but I never expected we wouldn’t see each other for more than half a century,” Anna said.

A little while later, the state caught up with her. Like her father, she was branded an enemy of the people and forced with the rest of her family into internal exile in Siberia.

How sad! I can only imagine what they both went through after being taken away from the one they loved. They both remarried the article says and moved on in their own ways but not fully. Boris became a writer and even dedicated a book to his one true love. Anna is seems was forced to remarry by her mother...Its sweet how they found each other by chance and still had the same feelings. Amazing! Love is a wonderful thing. This story made me think of the movie "The Notebook"

Yes I'm a sap.. I love this stuff...gives me hope all isnt lost

reuinted after 60 years

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes I'm a sap.. I love this stuff...gives me hope all isnt lost

Well then consider me a sap also.

Truly heartwarming to read such an incredible story, and goes to show that miracles do happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Hey Tribe!

Yup I agree with ya
I read it and felt the need to post it to show those who doubt love to never give up on it...so many people lately seem down on love including myself...

Happy Birthday btw

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nobody else finds this amazing?
???

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That's wonderful, it truly goes to show there is love in this world. Even though it is very hard to see sometimes, if you are gifted by love then you should hold on to it forever, because some people never get the chance to love.

That has really made me smile, thank you for posting

- Oni x x

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is a great story. Thanks for sharing and bringing a tear to my eye. Yay true love!

This really reminded me of the Judi Dench BBC comedy "As Time Goes By". A very similar story about love lost young and found old. I highly recommend it. I sniffled many times during ATGB. It really brings those "true love" sappy feelings to the surface.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
On that same link page, there is another similar story about a couple that ended up losing touch of one another, only to marry 16 years later - the first marriage for either of them.

Another sappy happy story.

I'm sobbing in front of the hubby and I read these stories to him. He's mildly laughing at me and telling me not to cry. *sniff*

new topics

top topics

join